Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,143.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Married
Today I called the Adoption Information Line for our province. We called it before at night, but there's only a person answering during business hours. They're mailing me information plus a social worker is supposed to contact us within 10 business days! We are interested in older children so that puts us up the list too. Please pray.

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,143.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Married
We started adoption classes the end of September. It's every Tuesday from 6-9pm for 9 weeks. We finish classes on November 24. Our home assessment will be after that, and we're trying to adopt two siblings from foster care, ages 2 and up is what we put.

There was a news story from a neighbouring province, they waited 7 years just to adopt a baby.

Monday the plant my husband's worked at for 15 years announced they are permanently closing and he provides our main source of income.

In June-July, he sent a resume to a good place, and they finally contacted him and he had a test there. If he gets 85 or more, then he gets an interview. Then goes into a pool of people waiting for jobs there.

Upvote 0

Mercy Mc Hass

Jul 10, 2016
Nampa, ID
✟7,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband was adopted from Russia, so glad he came here, even though he had a rough time of it even after he was adopted. Despite everything that happened even after the adoption, he's also glad he was adopted. :) Hope everything works out, you sound like you'll be an amazing mom. :)

Upvote 0