Lafollette, TN
✟8,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My name is Tyler Williamson and I am 21 years old. I have learned a lot by this age. I was brought up in a Baptist church my whole life. My step father bought me my first bible and taught me all about it. I cherished him like my own father. I considered him to be my father. He and my mother divorced when I turned 16. We went to church every time the doors opened. We used to stay up late every night studying and talking about our opinions on different verses. Since then I have fallen out of church. I have lost my faith. I have tried to take my own life on two separate occasions. I took to drugs to find the answers I was looking for. I let so many amazing people walk out of my life due to my own ignorance. I have slowly begun to rebuild my faith after realizing that my own actions have caused me to be where I am at today. If I had to give anyone advice on growing up and coping with different difficulties in life, I would have to say this, “don’t go searching around for the solution because it’s always going to be on your knees. You will never find a better love than the love God gives us”. Most importantly remember to pray for each other every day. We all make mistakes. We all struggle with our own battles daily. I myself struggle with lustful thoughts, anger, and trying to control every situation in my life. I type this as I sit here fighting with the worst heart ache I’ve felt due to a breakup to tell you to keep hope alive. Nothing can compare to the joy that is coming. Pray for me every chance you get as I will do the same for you. I love you all and I thank you God for leading me to this forum. I have read many stories that have helped me already.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My name is Tyler Williamson and I am 21 years old. I have learned a lot by this age. I was brought up in a Baptist church my whole life. My step father bought me my first bible and taught me all about it. I cherished him like my own father. I considered him to be my father. He and my mother divorced when I turned 16. We went to church every time the doors opened. We used to stay up late every night studying and talking about our opinions on different verses. Since then I have fallen out of church. I have lost my faith. I have tried to take my own life on two separate occasions. I took to drugs to find the answers I was looking for. I let so many amazing people walk out of my life due to my own ignorance. I have slowly begun to rebuild my faith after realizing that my own actions have caused me to be where I am at today. If I had to give anyone advice on growing up and coping with different difficulties in life, I would have to say this, “don’t go searching around for the solution because it’s always going to be on your knees. You will never find a better love than the love God gives us”. Most importantly remember to pray for each other every day. We all make mistakes. We all struggle with our own battles daily. I myself struggle with lustful thoughts, anger, and trying to control every situation in my life. I type this as I sit here fighting with the worst heart ache I’ve felt due to a breakup to tell you to keep hope alive. Nothing can compare to the joy that is coming. Pray for me every chance you get as I will do the same for you. I love you all and I thank you God for leading me to this forum. I have read many stories that have helped me already.
I am so glad you are on this forum. I pray Jesus will comfort you here and that the stories here will continue to help your heart. I will pray that Jesus heals you and blesses you.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God bless you Tyler, seeing you spread light and encouragement for those in darkness is a beautiful and inspiring thing. God really can use those that have walked through the dark, cold valleys. I am sure your suffering will help you to help others and that is so great :twohearts:

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Ah, confessions of a drug user...you not only inspire me as a Christian but you inspire others who have had drug problems. It would be cool if you wrote a book on your story to not only help Christians see God's ways but inspire people with drugs to look at themselves differently and to see the error in their ways. And who knows, if you do-bring people to Jesus and the wonderful book for simple things like for instance not to hoard nor steal that can relate to drugs too. You have a strong soul, mental and physical will.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
My life is simply one struggle after another and it seemingly only got worse after I was baptized. That tells me that Satan and his minions are consistently testing us. However, we have Christ on our side so they cannot win. Simply keep the faith and pray always. Eventually you will triumph, I'm hopeful of it.

Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tyler I am praying for you and your family

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums