✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HOPE RISING

There were two things that Bobby Reso liked about his little growing life in little south Missouri and it was girls and baseball, oh, and in that order too. He was hardly a teen when he got his first kiss.
Bobby found his cutie blonde in 6th grade and went crazy for her at first glance. Well one day, they were all at recess and one of the kids shouted out “Well I bet you guys haven’t even kissed!”
So Bobby’s girl Shanie “Say’s oh yeah?” and lands one on him. That night they get on the phone and Shanie can’t get enough. “What was it like?” They would talk for hours.
‘Well it tasted like strawberries.”
“Strawberries?”
“Yeah strawberries. Were you wearing lip gloss or something?”

A few years later Baseball got serious. So did Shanie. For somebody else. Then just like that she wrote Bobby Reso a letter that said goodbye and she was off to another part of the country.
High school started just like that and getting girlfriends was simply easy for Bob but he simply didn’t like any of them. Then he got serious once more and that was for Christ.
After getting his license and a hand-me down car from his dad he found a local church that he could drive to. He loved it! He loved that Jesus showed that God loved everyone and did it with his Holy example. He loved the way Jesus was tempted but never sinned. He loved that Jesus said many things but never wrote anything down. He loved the Faith!
Baseball winded down to a mens league after graduation so he knew hands down where he wanted to go. He wanted to become a priest in clergy.
So for maybe the second time to ever leave that little part of Missouri he took a plane to Texas to venture into the direction of that dream. He enrolled at the Lona School of Ministry and did very well and finally graduated.

Nearly 4 months later after working side jobs he found a church called Hope Rises.
“Hello, my name is Bobby Reso!” This is my first time to preach at a church. I graduated from Lona School in May and I’m pleased to be here! You all folks look to be so very friendly and I couldn’t be more pleased with my acceptance and decision to, to land here and make my nest so to speak. Ha.”
“If you would have asked me or more or less told me, when I was thirteen years old that I would be in the clergy and a pastor I would have laughed you to scorn. My friends would have laughed you to scorn. I think what may have sent me realing this way was a heart break. You see I had my heart broken very early on. Me and my girlfriend would talk for hours about nothing and it was always easy when it was just the two of us on the phone. I played baseball at the time and I think I cheated on her with baseball and she cheated on me with another boy that I knew. At least that’s the way I took it. When I went to high School I really despised what the kids called “drama.” I wanted nothing to do with it.
I had a hole in my heart that was aching, calling out to God “Find me the right girl! This time, one that won’t hurt me!” Then one day after baseball practice I spotted her. Folks, let me tell you! She was the blonde of all blondes! My eyes reared and my jaw dropped. If you can imagine, I started laying in bed thinking of her, barely getting sleep. I finally worked up the courage to ask this girl out and she turned me down. It wasn’t a heart breaker she was simply already dating a guy from church. Well, my point here guys? Can Christ replace our need for an opposite sex? I’m not saying drop your boy friend; drop your girl friend, divorce your spouse, write the papers and make it final. What I’m saying is, is there someone more reliable? Is there someone’s who’s eyes you don’t have to worry about shifting to the other good looking dude that walks through the door? Is there someone who’s arms haven’t layed with another guy?
We are human and we will only go so far to make each other happy. Listen, if we know how to flirt with Jesus, He will poor out his abundant mercy and grace on us. If we know how to come to his feet and bless him with praise he will turn it back ten fold. No wonder He is described as being a rock. Our partners sway and shift in the sea and are moved by every shift of season in life, but as for the Rock in our life the Rock of Jesus Christ he is unmovable even in the midst of the wildest of storms. He will not move and he will have His hands open always. When mortals fail you, our Lord will not. When mortals cheat on you, our Lord will not. When mortals lie, our Lord will not. Praise be to God!”
Bobby took a seat and waited for the lutheran hymn to start. Bobby preached at Hope rising for exactly 8 years and nine months and then it happened; the earthquake. then the sun.
On Sunday he drove to a blanket of cars lined up at the church. Everyone was trying to figure out if this was really End Times. He took a good look and drove home. He opened his bible and read, 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Out of fear the preacher became reclusive. Several months went by. People from church were trying to reach him.
Bobby Reso started to become angry at God. He accused him of ruining a perfectly good earth. Bob was afraid that the end of the line was at hand and there was no more hope.
“What hope do I have if I have to die?” he kept asking. He just couldn’t imagine that Heaven would be a better place.
He got rumors that slowly people were being ransomed from the earth. He was scared, but then the Holy spirit directed him to his bed where he was taken.

He awoke and he met Jesus. Jesus and Bobby talked and Jesus said, “Hey Bobby, I hear there’s a baseball game going on down at the field down at mission park! Why don’t you go down and see if they need another player. Then you come back! A lot of your family will be here for dinner.

Oh and Bobby, “Welcome home!”