• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hook in the jaws

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Handmaid for Jesus, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+21,660
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    The prophecy given in Ezekiel 38 is about to take place IMHO. As we see the alliance mentioned in Ezekiel 38 completing what is your opinion?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. keras

keras Writer of Bible prophecy studies.

+686
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I do not see the Gog/Magog attack as the next prophesied event.
    The attack against the present State of Israel will be next and consists of the surrounding Islamic peoples, including Elam and Media; modern Iran. Isaiah 21:2, Isaiah 22:6
    As described in Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12, Jeremiah 12:14

The people that Gog will be motivated to attack, will be all the Lord's people, all the faithful Christians, Ezekiel 38:8-12 The reason for God to do this and so thoroughly wipe them out, Ezekiel 39:1-7, is for Him to display His power and so as His people and the world will know He is the Lord. Before the Return of Jesus.

3. Waterwerx

Waterwerx Well-Known Member

+201
    United Ch. of Christ
    Single
    Depends on one's perspective of the Ezekiel 38-39 account.

I see it as a different glimpse of a much broader conflict that occurs during the tribulation as to how/why it starts and how it ends.
    People have mistakenly added constraints to the prophecy in regards to when it can occur due to:
    1. the 7 years of burning weapons and 7 months of cleansing the land.
    2. lack of reference to the antichrist
    3. Gog and all of his bands fall upon the mountains of Israel -Ezekiel 39:4 .

On the first point, it should be mentioned that upon Christ's return to the earth, He's not going to snap his fingers and fix everything. The world is going to be a mess and one of the jobs for those who are left and allowed to enter His kingdom will be to clean everything up. There won't be no time for idleness or any kind of debauchery.

On the second point, the prophecy is spoken directly against Gog and those participating with him. I don't see the point nor the need in mentioning other parties not affiliated with Gog's motives. Gog's intention is to plunder for gain. The antichrist's motives will be to completely destroy the Jews and will involve "all nations". The fact that it gives the general time as "the latter years" should be enough to indicate that it happens during the 7-year tribulation.

On the third point, it should be recalled that Gog and 5/6 of his armies fall upon the mountains of Israel. This is not to be confused with the battle of Armageddon and we know from Scripture that Gog is not the antichrist. The former is buried while the latter is cast alive into the lake of fire with the false prophet.

How it all specifically ties in to the other events is hard to say, but we can conclude that Gog begins his military venture at a time when there is "peace" and is aimed at those who are unprepared. As I said before, this isn't the battle of Armageddon, so it must occur before it.

Quite frankly, I don't think the conditions exist at present that would prompt Russia to make such a move for the purpose of taking spoil. They still have a ways to go yet in building up their military. At present, I would expect Russia to take one of its former cold war satellites out of strategic value before trying to plunder Israel(which currently doesn't present itself as viable bait for Russia, and Israel still has nuclear weapons). While the alliances appear to be coming together, I don't see the conditions being ripe.

4. Handmaid for Jesus

+21,660
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I think the hook in the jaws will be gas and oil discovered in Israel. What do you think the hook will be?

5. Wayholka

Wayholka A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+7,236
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    Russia has the motivation but needs the excuse.

Putin crowned 'world's energy czar' with Saudis bowing to reality
    Energy Minister: Natural gas can transform Israel’s geopolitical status

There are also conflicting reports that Prince Mohammed bin Salman is going to be crowned as king soon and if he does, his first attention will be on Iran. The whole Shia vs Sunni rivalry has been going on for centuries and now the pot seems to be bubbling up again thanks to Iranian expansion in the Middle East.

6. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+316
    Christian
    Married
    Possibly you are unaware, when Jesus returns it will be in fire judgment.

The earth will be dissolved by his fire.

2 Peter 3:10-13, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Nahum 1:5, Malachi 3:2, Isaiah 24:20, 1 Corinthians 3:13

There will be no future 1000 year kingdom on this earth, where Jesus returns to hang out with mortal humans, Jesus warned the believer against this teaching in Matthew 24:23-27

Jesus Christ Is Lord :)

Truth7t7

7. Handmaid for Jesus

+21,660
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Let us please focus on Ezekiel 38. Even if it does not relate to the last seven years before Lord Jesus returns, it is still prophesied to happen. We see the alliance mention happening even right now.

8. Waterwerx

Waterwerx Well-Known Member

+201
    United Ch. of Christ
    Single
    If Russia continues to increase its interdependence with those Mid-east countries that are hostile to Israel, there could be a number of additional factors prompting Gog to act.
    We know that Gog will be the ring leader in the attack and will see it as a means to gain material goods.

9. Handmaid for Jesus

+21,660
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Russia is sneaky. I am surprised at the American Christian is so enamored of Putin.But,I know the prophecies will be fulfilled. The stage is set.The curtain just has not gone up yet.

10. Wayholka

Wayholka A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+7,236
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    In the mean time, I'm gonna get some popcorn, a drink, and a box of milk duds before the show starts.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Another Lazarus

Another Lazarus Old Newbie

+967
    Christian
    Married
    Whatever happens in ME Gog n allies will not attack Israel until the hook is placed in their jaws.

As God did to Pharaoh and his army, to sink them all under the sea.

Thats all because of the same blasphemy and inhumane cruelty and arrogancy and they dont want to repent or fear the Almighty God.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Handmaid for Jesus

+21,660
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    What do you think the hook will be?

13. Another Lazarus

+967
    Christian
    Married
    Its an idea (from God actually) of swarming the land in such a very large number like never happen be4 in the history of war will give them confidence to kill all the Jews once and for all and own Jerusalem.

Then nations will know that "I am the Great I am"

14. Handmaid for Jesus

+21,660
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Yes I agree that the idea is from God who places the hook.:oldthumbsup: President Trump just announced that America is going to move the American embassy to Jerusalem (I will believe it when I see it). Could this be the hook? I think it possible. I have thought that the discovery of oil and gas in Israel would be the hook. With the way things are shaping up,There are several things that could be the hook. I agree with you also that Israel's enemies will be overly confident in their numbers. They have forgotten that one angel slew an army of 185 thousand for Hezekiah.

15. Another Lazarus

+967
    Christian
    Married
    Trump is a brave man who dares to speak the truth about Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, based on thousands years of its history even be4 Jesus is born. He dares to face all THREATS AND BLASPHEMIES from around the world. He is in great danger actually, he can be finished like Martin Luther. God bless Trump !!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+1,138
    Christian
    /nvm

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  17. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+1,138
    Christian