Honestly I'm only posting this for one reason: I love when people use the term "Train Wreck"

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Armoured

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's just an amusing term.

I don't know why, it makes me laugh - so sue me.

LA Times Editorial Board Launches Scathing Series On 'Disastrous' Trump | The Huffington Post

{giggle}
It is funny because Trump is not the cause of the "train wreck" He is the cure. We have one last chance to take the gospel to all of the world to warn people about the impending "train wreck". Under Obama we had the shooting in Orlando, we had young girls sold into sex slavery in Yazidi. This is the sort of "train wreck" people can expect if the liberals were to receive what they want.

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The train wreck isn't anyone's fault but ours...the American people have become so weak and complacent that they're willing to fall in line with whatever Washington throws at us..."Thank you sir, may I have another?" We used to be a country based on principles and morals...but we've become a bunch of whiners that only care about whatever the token cause of the month is. God help us all.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump is fighting against desperate - wailing and gnashing democrats, the left wing media and some wimpy RINO’s and has still managed to get more done in his first few months than Obama did in his last 4 years.

...and it’s a “train wreck”. LOL.

Don’t get me wrong. Trump was never my favorite among the Republicans... but once it came down to him and Hillary there was no question who the right choice was.

The real train wreck is the current state of the democratic party and the 'progressive movement'.

Actually... Obama’s legacy is more like highway pile up in a blizzard than a train wreck(much more carnage in a pile up).

Did I read recently that the DNC fired all their staff members? Can you imagine the news coverage if it were the RNC? LOL

And how many democrat seats were lost under Obama... 1000?? Something like that.

Not to mention his failed foreign policy, the economic disaster he left behind... with the added debt and all that... Just a mess.

And then the desperation from liberals we see in places like this forum and in the streets blocking free speech at Universitys etc... it just adds to it.

Absolute carnage and panic.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Nah. The Democrats are just going to lean back, watch Rome burn, and go 'told you so' around the next elections.

And why wouldn't they? I know I would. Hey, Trump's even helping the left and centre gain ground here in Europe; all they have to do is point at America and say 'is that what you guys want? No? Then don't vote for the populists.'

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Nah. The Democrats are just going to lean back, watch Rome burn, and go 'told you so' around the next elections.

And why wouldn't they? I know I would. Hey, Trump's even helping the left and centre gain ground here in Europe; all they have to do is point at America and say 'is that what you guys want? No? Then don't vote for the populists.'
If only Trump got elected before Brexit...

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Theresa May is really bad at scheming.

I mean, her plan'll probably work, but it's so blatantly obvious even The Mirror's figured it out.
Spent last 24 hours complaining on Twitter.
Don't regret it.

May's speech was basically "The public are now united after Brexit[behind me and my party]. but Westminster still has an opposition for some reason, this election will fix that."

Along with nonsense about making their position stronger in Brexit negotiations.("You can't tell me I can't have access to the single market without freedom of movement! I have a majority of over 100!")
As well as other BS.

Thanks to the collapse of UKIP support back to the Conservatives...and Labour hiding that collapse in the polling by leaking support to UKIP, this election should be a cake walk for the Conservatives.

Labour will lose support in all directions, thanks to Corbyn being insanely unpopular yet strangely producing popular policies. The Liberal Democrats will continue to attack Labour rather than the government in it's cynical attempt to replace them as HM Opposition rather actually prevent a Conservative government and hard Brexit. The SNP will win in Scotland(duh). The Greens will, again, be calling for a united front to prevent a Conservative government and fail, but may gain a few seats. Plaid will take a seat or two from Labour. Goodness knows about UKIP, guess they'll take a few Labour seats too.

It's the last opportunity we have to save our economy, NHS, environmental protections and worker rights. And boy are we going to flub it.
We're so screwed...

*Sigh*
If only the opposition parties would work together and maximise the seats they get from the shrinking pool of centrist and left of centre voters. Probably wouldn't even be able to form a working coalition, but why make the next five years easy for the Tories.
[/RANT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums