Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Second how do these passages suggest no gender differences especially in light of all the other passages that talk about gender roles?

Those passages do not fulfill the entire law and the prophets. Usually, they were intended to be read to a specific congregation once upon a time.

Galatians 5:14 The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Romans 13:8 Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

These passages fulfill the Law. Others do not fulfill the entire law.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those passages do not fulfill the entire law and the prophets. Usually, they were intended to be read to a specific congregation once upon a time.

Galatians 5:14 The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Romans 13:8 Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

so you refuse to answer direct questions about your posts...okay then...

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If he is gay, he stays gay. He might change his actions for his own reasons.
If your religion insisted that you turn gay...how much would you change?
There are things about faith that are not convenient, like fasting and abstinence, suffering... missions in poor countries, missions in the middle east... but we must try with confidence. If Jesus said we must get married I would be preparing, if Jesus was gay, I for my convenience would maybe become a priest.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Not according to Christian Scripture - God's Word.
That is the inference. Such as from 1 Timothy. Romans 1-2 says we are not to judge, and that God sends a powerful delusion. If someone is so inclined it takes a miracle for them to become Christ-like. Is it better for them to suffer a lot in this life, or marry one other, something scripture does not mention or should they commit to Christ in pursuit of holiness?

If I had a son who was homosexual, I would want him to be spiritual, pursue spiritual love, not another man, ideally.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
why when we talk about homosexuality and transgender issues does everyone think that bringing hermaphrodites into the equation is somehow good? We are not discussing hermaphrodites we are talking about homosexuality, two very different things. It might be an interesting discussion to start in a thread but let's not confuse the OP question with something unrelated okay?!

The question is when you say a "Man" must only marry a "Woman"
is that your visual decision, or a DAN analysis, or is it they way they act?
Can a Gay man marry a gay woman and then God is pleased?
Can a gay man abandon his male partner and marry a straight woman?
What exactly will please God? Given that God hates divorce.
And sex is looked at by experts as a spectrum of sexuality.
See, a man is actually a woman in the womb, but then a chemical
change happens and hormones wash over thebrain and change it into a male
brain....you know...the less connected, less empathetic "Ape" brain that
make us men so single minded and special.

But,
this doesn't always work out right. Sometime the chemical wash is timed wrong
and the man doesn't get hormoned properly and he ends up ..not so manly.
Some of these men end up not seeking women.

Anyway....what amount of manhood is a man supposed to have to please God?

Gender Spectrum | Gender Spectrum provides education, training and ..
Understanding Gender | Gender Spectrum
The Gender Spectrum | Teaching Tolerance
The gender spectrum | TED Talks
How Science Is Helping Us Understand Gender - National Geographic
Neuroscience Proves What We've Known All Along: Gender Exists on a Spectrum
Health Across the Gender Spectrum | ONLINE online.stanford.edu/course
Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity ...sitn.hms.harvard.edu

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is the inference. Such as from 1 Timothy. Romans 1-2 says we are not to judge, and that God sends a powerful delusion. If someone is so inclined it takes a miracle for them to become Christ-like. Is it better for them to suffer a lot in this life, or marry one other, something scripture does not mention or should they commit to Christ in pursuit of holiness?

If I had a son who was homosexual, I would want him to be spiritual, pursue spiritual love, not another man, ideally.
when it comes to marriage we have this gem from scripture 1 Corinthians 7:9 of course it is talking about men and woman not homosexuality but it does inform the point nonetheless. In God's eyes, sin is a much bigger deal than about anything else because it is what keeps us from fellowship with God. I wonder how many people do not understand this concept because they have never gotten rid of the sin that separates them to know the difference between fellowship with God and just claiming fellowship?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are things about faith that are not convenient, like fasting and abstinence, suffering... missions in poor countries, missions in the middle east... but we must try with confidence. If Jesus said we must get married I would be preparing, if Jesus was gay, I for my convenience would maybe become a priest.

No, I'm insisting that you marry a man for this hypothetical example.
Would you enjoy that marriage and have children with Him
as God asks you to do?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
when it comes to marriage we have this gem from scripture 1 Corinthians 7:9 of course it is talking about men and woman not homosexuality but it does inform the point nonetheless. In God's eyes, sin is a much bigger deal than about anything else because it is what keeps us from fellowship with God. I wonder how many people do not understand this concept because they have never gotten rid of the sin that separates them to know the difference between fellowship with God and just claiming fellowship?

Sin is a permanent condition, unless you have the Father walking beside you in your Garden. The best you can do is not enjoy this separation from God on Earth.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
razzelflabben said:
Second how do these passages suggest no gender differences especially in light of all the other passages that talk about gender roles?
so you refuse to answer direct questions about your posts...okay then...

If you love your neighbor as yourself > you cannot claim to be a different gender.

If you love your neighbor as yourself > you cannot claim to be a different gender.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
No, I'm insisting that you marry a man for this hypothetical example.
Would you enjoy that marriage and have children with Him
as God asks you to do?
Well then, I suppose God would not have made women, and my conscience would be in favour of it, and if it was a command I knew was from God, I would have to do that.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question is when you say a "Man" must only marry a "Woman"
is that your visual decision, or a DAN analysis, or is it they way they act?
first I didn't say they had to marry that is your imagination. Second I said that Genesis says marriage is between a man and woman. Not sure how or why that upsets you, it's what it says.
Can a Gay man marry a gay woman and then God is pleased?
I guess that would depend on the rest of their lives. Marriage is not in and of itself sin, but we can sin while married. As I said, scripture is about obedience to God over fleshly convenience or passionate desires...
Can a gay man abandon his male partner and marry a straight woman?
see above...same answer.
What exactly will please God? Given that God hates divorce.
Not sure what your question is asking? Yes God hates divorce but you were just talking about marriage. He also hates sinful marriage because of the SIN involved.
And sex is looked at by experts as a spectrum of sexuality.
again, no clue what you are talking about. I am only providing scriptures that address the issue if you disagree with scripture take it up with God.
See, a man is actually a woman in the womb, but then a chemical
change happens and hormones wash over thebrain and change it into a male
brain....you know...the less connected, less empathetic "Ape" brain that
make us men so single minded and special.
and...we all start out as two cells so what?
But,
this doesn't always work out right. Sometime the chemical wash is timed wrong
and the man doesn't get hormoned properly and he ends up ..not so manly.
Some of these men end up not seeking women.
and....what? I already said that I didn't see anything in scripture about being attracted to someone is sinful....what is see is when we act in ungodly ways on those attractions and it's true for homosexuals as well as heterosexuals.
Anyway....what amount of manhood is a man supposed to have to please God?
what kind of question is that? I guess that I would have to answer...a godly one...since that is my whole argument and the rest of this is confusing and distracting and otherwise not related to anything I have said or believe.
and what????? I don't get how any of this relates to what I said and believe about the topic or what scripture says about it.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
razzelflabben said:

In situations like this, I ask someone here that I trust what I am missing...I have been told that is inflammatory which is beyond my understanding how it can be but so be it. I asked those here I trust to be honest with me and they are as confused as I am, maybe even more so....Why is it impossible for me to feed, clothe, help my neighbor as I would do those things for myself? I have Loved my neighbor of the opposite sex multiple times over as well as of the same sex...sex has nothing to do with Biblical Love that we are called to...what makes you think it does and how would I Love (agape) someone of the opposite sex differently...I don't even know what I am saying anymore this is so confusing.

How pray tell does Loveing someone as I love myself mean there is no different in sexes? I really don't get it...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If someone is so inclined it takes a miracle for them to become Christ-like.
Well this is true of all sinners - thieves, adulterers, homosexuals, greedy, hot-tempered, effeminate, and so on - and just people anyway - a true miracle is by God's Grace if anyone is saved. But that is still required to receive eternal life - any sinner , not just perverts.
Also those who are demon possessed - Jesus and His disciples cast out the demons with a word, so there's no excuse to hang on to a demon instead of getting free of it; and there'e no excuse accepted for hanging on to any sin instead of repenting of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If agape is defined as the kind of love which God has for us in Christ, and the kind of love which we are called to have in imitation of Christ; then no one truly has this love because we are all sinners.

Asking if a gay person can have this love is no different than asking if a straight person can--sexual orientation is meaningless here because sexual orientation plays no role in this. What is problematic is what is universal to all human beings, and that is that we are all, without exception, a broken people that fail to live justly toward all others--we seek out our own self interest, we pat ourselves on the back anytime we think we've done something marginally good, etc.

The only One who truly has expressed this love toward anyone is the One who gave Himself up to humiliation and death on the cross.

There's no difference here: Whether old or young, male or female, rich or poor, black or white, gay or straight, we are all the same. Sin and death don't discriminate--and neither does God's grace.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If agape is defined as the kind of love which God has for us in Christ, and the kind of love which we are called to have in imitation of Christ; then no one truly has this love because we are all sinners.

Asking if a gay person can have this love is no different than asking if a straight person can--sexual orientation is meaningless here because sexual orientation plays no role in this. What is problematic is what is universal to all human beings, and that is that we are all, without exception, a broken people that fail to live justly toward all others--we seek out our own self interest, we pat ourselves on the back anytime we think we've done something marginally good, etc.

The only One who truly has expressed this love toward anyone is the One who gave Himself up to humiliation and death on the cross.

There's no difference here: Whether old or young, male or female, rich or poor, black or white, gay or straight, we are all the same. Sin and death don't discriminate--and neither does God's grace.

-CryptoLutheran
It is common sense that we all sin. But after receiving the Holy Spirit, we can bear fruit of love and goodness, patience...

Some have received the blessing of the Father's love.

We naturally can like people, and that can be apage, philo, eros, inappropriate contentea. I think agape as in 1 Corinthians 13 is only by supernatural means.

A married couple can by sanctification be in agape love. But if they practice anal sex, it may result in desolation within.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0