US-Republican
And that's why it was identified as a problem becasue
only those who sleep around are causing harm and
are the only ones visible.

If you are thinking that there were no committed couples
then you are not thinking it through. It was only the non-
committed unions that were a problem. That was what
was being pointed out as harmful

I'm sorry but you are just flat wrong, the passage was not talking about harmful societal problems, it was talking about sinful behavior that will keep you out of Heaven. If anyone wants to take this passage out of context for political correctness so be it, they will not stand in judgement before me, but will stand in judgement before God. God Judgement is the only one that matters. Good Day sir.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Ian McCormack's testimony for the first 5 minutes here describes the agape love and receiving it. This man repented as he was dying. Waves of love came over him, and again as he recalled his sins to confirm he was loved. Loved all along the way he was, but too much to let him stay that way.

The seed of God's word and the Spirit, the living water... gives life, I think back sliding can burn it down again, desolate.

Jesus and the apostles teaching must not become a philosophy for self effort or we have the Pelagian heresy.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry but you are just flat wrong, the passage was not talking about harmful societal problems, it was talking about sinful behavior that will keep you out of Heaven. If anyone wants to take this passage out of context for political correctness so be it, they will not stand in judgement before me, but will stand in judgement before God. God Judgement is the only one that matters. Good Day sir.
I agree. A very good day!
Galatians 5:14 The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Romans 13:8 Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ian McCormack's testimony for the first 5 minutes here describes the agape love and receiving it.
Agape love is when love is demonstrated by non-believers for the benefit of mankind.
It is only about actions of people for others.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Love in action is goodness. Love is not simply an action, will, attitude, emotion or empathy. Love is God's life in our spirits, as in John 1:1-4. It is Spirit and fruition of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at the word Agape in the concordance, there are tons more passages that clarify so much about agape Love. In fact, I Cor. 13 is all about agape Love. And just for the record, nothing in the story of the good Samaritan tells us who was and was not a believer....that is your reading into the passage what is not there. In fact, the story is answering the question of who is my neighbor...this alone suggests though not stated that the good Samaritan was a believer because he was the one that was "asking the question"...
That's correct. You must study the history of Samaria to learn the deeper significance
that Samaritans were despised.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love in action is goodness. Love is not simply an action, will, attitude, emotion or empathy. Love is God's life in our spirits, as in John 1:1-4. It is Spirit and fruition of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22.
The Greek word for this sacrificial love is agape.
"Unconditional love that is always giving and impossible to take or be a taker. It devotes total commitment to seek your highest best no matter how anyone may respond. This form of love is totally selfless and does not change whether the love given is returned or not."1
Sacrificial Love

Homosexuals can provide and experience this love, even to and from haters.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shall I show you all my passages and notes from about 11-12 years of full time study on what Biblical Love really is? How many do you want? I provided the most direct passage and you offered not reason to dismiss the passage and what it clearly says.
Whatever you think is relevant.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sadly becoming holy is labeled gay reversion therapy. The latter has connotations of 1960s men, married with children being caught in the act with another man by the wife, and being taken to a psychiatrist. That is a sad situation!

People make mistakes. Many gay men have families becasue they
feel that is what society expects. Eventually, nobody wins that charade.
Sexuality is a spectrum.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For homosexuals to get married is what is best for them in this life. Mind you some don't want to get married they want variety. Nevertheless showing a natural love and compassion to them, letting them get married is best. They have comfort and security and acceptance. But it is not spiritual, it does not look for the way of Heaven and prepare for the afterlife, true?

It can be a spiritual union as well. God is love and compassion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Agape love as for Christians and non pagan Greeks, goes further and is a presence, from on high, like the spirit is a computer, and God's love is electricity and an operating system. We receive by faith, faith without receiving is dead. The fire of God, or Romans 5:5 points to us having spiritual treasures in clay pots.

2Co 4:6 The Scriptures say, "God commanded light to shine in the dark." Now God is shining in our hearts to let you know that his glory is seen in Jesus Christ.
Treasure in Jars of Clay
2Co 4:7 We are like clay jars in which this treasure is stored. The real power comes from God and not from us. CEV

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And that's why it was identified as a problem becasue
only those who sleep around are causing harm and
are the only ones visible.
let me once again remind you of what scripture says...1 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV) Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

To "harm" one's own body is not LOVE.
If you are thinking that there were no committed couples
then you are not thinking it through. It was only the non-
committed unions that were a problem. That was what
was being pointed out as harmful.
according to the above passage you are wrong.

BTW, I noticed you didn't offer a rebuttal to my address of the good Samaritan...why?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agape love as for Christians and non pagan Greeks, goes further and is a presence, from on high, like the spirit is a computer, and God's love is electricity and an operating system. We receive by faith, faith without receiving is dead. The fire of God, or Romans 5:5 points to us having spiritual treasures in clay pots.

2Co 4:6 The Scriptures say, "God commanded light to shine in the dark." Now God is shining in our hearts to let you know that his glory is seen in Jesus Christ.
Treasure in Jars of Clay
2Co 4:7 We are like clay jars in which this treasure is stored. The real power comes from God and not from us. CEV
Amen...the source of Love (Biblical Love) is God the core or center of it is humility.

Now CS Lewis says this about humility...humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less...how then would homosexuality or homosexual union accomplish this when God says homosexual relations is a sin. Who would they be putting above themselves or thinking of more than themselves?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's correct. You must study the history of Samaria to learn the deeper significance
that Samaritans were despised.
For the Jews to despise the Samaritans and visa versa does not mean that one or the other was a follower of the "Way".

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
based on your responses you aren't hearing what any of us is saying so it would all seem a waste of time. If you are truly interested let me know what passage you will accept as evidence to what I am saying and I will provide it. Sadly many people refuse portions of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
let me once again remind you of what scripture says...1 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV) Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

To "harm" one's own body is not LOVE. according to the above passage you are wrong.

BTW, I noticed you didn't offer a rebuttal to my address of the good Samaritan...why?
I think the LGBTI thinks SSM is the same as marriage and so they are not fornicating and therefore not hurting themselves or the other. The Holy Spirit wants His presence to live inside us. SSM involves another person going into them. The Lord is for the body and the body for the Lord, from Corinthians. I think God "healing the land" is for people who have done this after being Spirit filled. So birds again, nest in their trees.

Also, think of how hard it is for a person to go their life without the sexual prerogative they are naturally attracted to. And for his wife when she sees him with another man, and they have children. If he is deluded does he still have to seek holiness as a celebit?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the LGBTI thinks SSM is the same as marriage and so they are not fornicating and therefore not hurting themselves or the other. The Holy Spirit wants His presence to live inside us. SSM involves another person going into them. The Lord is for the body and the body for the Lord, from Corinthians. I think God "healing the land" is for people who have done this after being Spirit filled. So birds again, nest in their trees.
if we look at scripture is says that men and woman were having unnatural relationship with one another in reference to "laying with" says nothing at all about marriage or not married. In fact, Gen. says that marriage is between a man and woman. What they do and do not accept does NOT change what scripture says.
Also, think of how hard it is for a person to go their life without the sexual prerogative they are naturally attracted to. And for his wife when she sees him with another man, and they have children. If he is deluded does he still have to seek holiness as a celebit?
Hard yes, impossible no. Think of all the woman who are celebit because their husband's have died, or visa versa. I have a friend who is celebit because he hasn't found a wife yet...(in his 50's) Hard does not equal impossible especially when it comes to being empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
based on your responses you aren't hearing what any of us is saying so it would all seem a waste of time. If you are truly interested let me know what passage you will accept as evidence to what I am saying and I will provide it. Sadly many people refuse portions of scripture.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is a delusion in the context of which they are in love and seeking to create a family.
Many do create families. Many remain single and not very active socially.
But some are. My neighbor of 15 years has had only two steady men in his life
in the time I've lived across the street from him. He is very kind.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if we look at scripture is says that men and woman were having unnatural relationship with one another in reference to "laying with" says nothing at all about marriage or not married. In fact, Gen. says that marriage is between a man and woman. What they do and do not accept does NOT change what scripture says.

And then their are babies born where doctors decide what the
sex is based on how the bodies developed rather than DNA
which is sometimes inconclusive.

So who decides "man and woman" for those people?

And is a woman who cannot conceive really a woman then?
Becasue the church says she can't be married.
Becasue the bible says that marriage is only for procreation.

Upvote 0