Homosexuals and Spiritual love

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
To live for this life and or for the next? I know a Ps whose daughter supports same sex marriage, and was surprised that her dad did not. I understand both views, I think. For homosexuals to get married is what is best for them in this life. Mind you some don't want to get married they want variety. Nevertheless showing a natural love and compassion to them, letting them get married is best. They have comfort and security and acceptance. But it is not spiritual, it does not look for the way of Heaven and prepare for the afterlife, true?

And to most, preparing for the afterlife seems impractical. People think "Jacob I loved Esau I hated" is hate speech, well maybe.

A same sex couple love each other, and seek to bear fruit together, unfortunately they cannot. Being compelled this way does not work for the passion. I think it is a delusion in the context of which they are in love and seeking to create a family.

I think and want others' views and references to the issue of the beyond natural spiritual or supernatural love God gives and wants. In the NT it is called agape. There are words for love like eros, agape, philos, inappropriate contentea.

Can homosexuals obtain agape, and maintain it?

in Mark 4:32 Jesus spoke of living water, and the mustard seed,and spiritual life growing from within and outwardly resulting in life, likened to birds nesting in their branches. And there is the abomination which causes desolation. Matthew 24:15. That may be same sex sex. Sy Rogers testimony writes of seeking to get married SSM, and the Holy Spirit touched his life and led him to Christianity. Sadly becoming holy is labeled gay reversion therapy. The latter has connotations of 1960s men, married with children being caught in the act with another man by the wife, and being taken to a psychiatrist. That is a sad situation! Holiness is not sad.

I saw the NDE account of a young homosexual man who thought no one loved him, dumped by his boyfriend, he committed suicide, but was revived with the story of meeting his grand mother and it being revealed to him that his parents loved him. I am persuaded by NDE accounts that God is more merciful than scripture reveals.

I have heard a stories of homosexual men set free from the state of mind, and gesture... to come to be attracted to the opposite sex. For this Christians begin to be persecuted.

Should we encourage homosexuals LGBTI to seek spiritual love and prepare for the afterlife? Are they already okay?

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A same sex couple love each other, and seek to bear fruit together, unfortunately they cannot. Being compelled this way does not work for the passion. I think it is a delusion in the context of which they are in love and seeking to create a family.

Gay teens are seven times more likely to be involved in a pregnancy than their peers.
My cousin had two fabulous, now adult, genetic children with her partner.
I just spent the weekend with her at our house.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Gay teens are seven times more likely to be involved in a pregnancy than their peers.
My cousin had two fabulous, now adult, genetic children with her partner.
I meant two men, can't from each other, have children, seed by seed, exclusive.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the thing I can't get past when it comes to homosexuality in both the physical world and the spiritual. Who we are and are not attracted to is part of our human nature...that being said, our righteousness is a choice of who we do and do not sleep with or act upon lustfully.

Look at it this way. The heterosexual person is attracted to a certain type of person, that is natural part of human nature. But even the heterosexual person is instructed in scripture to abstain from sinning in relation to those attractions. Do we view adultery as we do homosexual relationships? How about rape? These are sins that the heterosexual person must decide whether or not it is important to follow God rather than the pleasures of the flesh. I see no difference when it comes to homosexual relationships. You don't have to jump in bed with everyone you are attracted to...it's a matter of choosing righteousness over the sinful desires of the flesh.

WEll, that is my two cents.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Should we encourage homosexuals LGBTI to seek spiritual love and prepare for the afterlife? Are they already okay?

The only way into hell is to reject the Holy Spirit and it's leadings for a righteous life.

Matthew 19:19 Honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.'
Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Galatians 5:14 The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Romans 13:8 Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are all sinners, the only difference is that some are saved sinners and others are unrepented, unsaved.
What the sin is is irrelevent. The need is to be willing to humble ourselves in recognition that we need forgiveness and to say we are sorry.
This means seeking to leave what ever habitual ins we commit.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I meant two men, can't from each other, have children, seed by seed, exclusive.

You don't really accept that adoption and other methods don't form a family, do you? I've no dna involved but have raised a few children up to one great grand child. I provide love rather than dna. My grand kids still hug me.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You don't really accept that adoption and other methods don't form a family, do you? I've no dna involved but have raised a few children up to one great grand child. I provide love rather than dna.
They do, but it is not the same as your own flesh and blood child. Even in inheritance law and cases of AID.

People who love each other don't think, "oh I want to marry her and we can adopt children."

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are all sinners, the only difference is that some are saved sinners and others are unrepented, unsaved.
What the sin is is irrelevent. The need is to be willing to humble ourselves in recognition that we need forgiveness and to say we are sorry.
This means seeking to leave what ever habitual ins we commit.

We never need to ask for forgiveness for loving those we love.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand agape love to be unconditional love . . . God's own love. And this love shared with us @GoldenKingGaze "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5) changes our nature to be more and more all-loving, not interested in only using anyone . . . I now understand. So, any relationship which involves preferring only or mainly ones I want to use is not a healthy relationship.

And people's preference is not really for sexual gratification, but a preference for pleasure which is easy to get, intense and nice feeling, and so it can be used to keep us from feeling our deep-down low-down sin-infected nature's misery of boredom and loneliness and nasty and angry reacting and frustration and lusts which dominate and drive us and won't take no for an answer.

So, all of us need to be cured in God's love, giving us His immunity against sin-sick things and making us unconditionally loving > "as He is" "in this world" > see 1 John 4:17.

And God's love will cure any of us of the character which makes us weak and miserable enough to seek pleasure more than God. And in His love we become all-loving and family with one another Jesus people. But in trying to use and possess people, we are in selfish loving with weakness which has us giving in to seeking pleasure, then suffering our deep pain later >

"For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

So, the problem is sin, for ones who still are into themselves and loving selfishly, and the cure is the same for all of us :)

To me, Hebrews 12:4-11 guarantees how our Father succeeds in correcting every one of us who is His child, so we are sound in love with immunity against nasty and angry and hurtful and dominating and dictatorial stuff of fear and its "torment" (1 John 4:18).

So, our only solution is to seek God for Himself . . . and not to trust in theories and methods, except as God uses them and succeeds to get us submissive with Him in His peace > Colossians 3:15; and how He has us relating as family in His love (Ephesians 4:2, 1 Peter 5:3, Ephesians 4:31-5:2, Ephesians 5:21). Methods and programs have the risk of isolating people away from real life relating in which we can with God discover how to love, becoming strong in real life's situations in close involvements. This is possible with God > Luke 18:27.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GoldenKingGaze...I understood what you meant please don't let this take the topic off course. It was not hard to understand what you were saying. In fact, not understanding was either purposeful or because the poster wanted to make a point that was not consistent with the OP question.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They do, but it is not the same as your own flesh and blood child. Even in inheritance law and cases of AID.

People who love each other don't think, "oh I want to marry her and we can adopt children."

I didn't have to adopt my children and neither did my cousin and her partner.
But gay couples are very active in adopting children and pick up the slack
for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We never need to ask for forgiveness for loving those we love

If that love is sinnful, like in loving another mans wife, then yes we have to confess our sin and ask for forgiveness.

The only love that covers sin is Jesus's love.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think and want others' views and references to the issue of the beyond natural spiritual or supernatural love God gives and wants. In the NT it is called agape. There are words for love like eros, agape, philos, inappropriate contentea. Can homosexuals obtain agape, and maintain it?Can homosexuals obtain agape, and maintain it?

Yes. Agape love is illustrated by the good samaritan. So most naturally, yes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I didn't have to adopt my children and neither did my cousin and her partner.
But gay couples are very active in adopting children and pick up the slack
for the rest of us.
Yes, Adam and Steve can have their children, but only with third parties.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes. Agape love is illustrated by the good samaritan. So most naturally, yes.
He was compassionate, and generous. Agape was the word for the god kind of love in Greek, otherwise not commonly used.

Catholics are continualists although some are not Spirit Filled, but I think agape is a fruit of the Spirit and also Romans 5:5 an outpouring. Not naturally available like eros.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only love that covers sin is Jesus's love.

Yikes! Scripture reference that overrides these passages, please.

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. ...

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. ... Hatred
stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. ...

Proverbs 17:9 Whoever would foster love covers over an offense but whoever
repeats the matter separates close friends. ...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Adam and Steve can have their children, but only with third parties.

Excellant! Thanks for permission.
I can have families through third parties as well.
My wife cannot conceive.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was compassionate, and generous. Agape was the word for the god kind of love in Greek, otherwise not commonly used.

And he was the arch enemy from Samaria. So even the most evil people
can show agape love. I knew drug dealers who showed compassion for others.

Upvote 0