Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
To those who believe Homosexuality is NOT a sin, despite Biblical evidence to the contrary, tell me the difference between these paragraphs:

"I have been struggling with myself for years, but now I have to be honest, I am gay. I only feel sexually attracted to people of the same sex as me. I have always felt like this my whole life, and now I believe it's only natural for me to be homosexual. God MADE me gay!"

"I have been struggling with myself for years, but now I have to be honest, I am a pedophile. I only feel sexually attracted to people under the age of 10. I have always felt like this my whole life, and now I believe it's only natural for me to be into little boys and girls. God MADE me a child molester!"

"I have been struggling with myself for years, but now I have to be honest, I am into having relations with animals. I only feel sexually attracted to other species. I have always felt like this my whole life, and now I believe it's only natural for me to be into inappropriate behavior with animals. God MADE me aroused over animals!"

The first is a generic paragraph by a homosexual "Christian". The other two are the same phrases, but replacing all references to homosexuality with pedophilia in the second, and inappropriate behavior with animals in the third.

In todays age of "liberalism", most Christians will claim it's OK to be gay, and God won't punish you for living a homosexual lifestyle even though He clearly expressed otherwise in His Word numerous times. But these same Christians will still express disgust over a man having sex with children, or someone with animals. What is the difference? Couldn't a pedophile simply claim "I've always been like this, God made me like this, it's in my GENES," exactly like many homosexuals are doing nowadays? Couldn't someone into animals claim they simply don't feel aroused over humans, and that it's perfectly normal and healthy and NATURAL for them to have relations with animals, in the same way homosexuals do often? What is the difference? Why are we disgusted over Michael Jackson sleeping with little boys, but for two grown men to sleep together is "healthy, natural and approved by God"?

Please, someone give me some answers before a mod shuts this thread down like every other thread pertaining to this abomination of homsexuality!

God Bless

'Shady

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Well see, that's what I thought too, but "liberal" Christians seem to have a different view on matters, so I was wondering how they justify the differing standards on similar scenarios presented to them, such as the ones I made as examples.

God Bless

'Shady

Upvote 0

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
New Hampshire, United States
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
we fear what we don't understand.

Many of us understand the sin of gluttony or of swearing or of improper thought... so since most of us have experienced these sins, we can understand others committing these sins and asking for forgiveness.

But, most people don't understand homosexuality because they simply are not homosexuals. And that lack of understanding breeds ignorance, which breeds prejudice.... And the sin of homosexuality becomes this abomination...

When, in reality, if you got to know a homosexual, and honestly and actively try to understand his/her life, you'd think differently...

Most of the anti-gay rhetoric is based from fear.

Upvote 0

JunkYardDog

May 31, 2005
✟915.00
Faith
Christian
Sam Gamgee said:
we fear what we don't understand.

Many of us understand the sin of gluttony or of swearing or of improper thought... so since most of us have experienced these sins, we can understand others committing these sins and asking for forgiveness.

But, most people don't understand homosexuality because they simply are not homosexuals. And that lack of understanding breeds ignorance, which breeds prejudice.... And the sin of homosexuality becomes this abomination...

When, in reality, if you got to know a homosexual, and honestly and actively try to understand his/her life, you'd think differently...

Most of the anti-gay rhetoric is based from fear.

That kis a bunch of psychobabble, Sam. I've known homosexuals and what I understood better for having known them is how deep the deception of their sin is and how utterly lost they are and how Hell-bound they are without repentance.

You talk about sins we "understand"? The thing we "understand" about them is that we have to repent (STOP doing them) of them. "Understanding" homosexuality is the same. However, even when we don't "understand" a sin, when we see God forbids it, we are required to repent.

Have you repented yet, Sam?

Upvote 0

CM

Bow to the Eggman Empire
May 7, 2004
USA
✟329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever tried to realize that maybe we can't help it? Honestly, you're never going to understand what it means to be homoesexual, so I wouldn't judge if I were you.

I ask God to forgive me every day for the sins I commit. And repenting? I can't control the way I am, so I can't really repent for it, because that would just be deluding myself.

Understand?

Upvote 0

sc4s2cg

'Cause human tears are older than the rain.
Nov 28, 2004
Somewhere on Earth.
Visit site
✟20,163.00
Faith
Presbyterian
CM said:
I ask God to forgive me every day for the sins I commit. And repenting? I can't control the way I am, so I can't really repent for it, because that would just be deluding myself.
What kind of sins? Sexual? Even for any other sin, you cant just do it, ask G-d for forgiveness, do it again, ask for forgiveness again, etc. That would make you a hypocrite. Yes, you can control the way you are. The good people at www.settingcaptivesfree.com have done it and they indulged in homosexual sex, inappropriate contentography, masturbation on a daily basis. Now, they are ministers and are free from such sins.

If I'm getting your post wrong, please do explain.

G-d bless,
sc

Upvote 0

JunkYardDog

May 31, 2005
✟915.00
Faith
Christian
CM said:
Have you ever tried to realize that maybe we can't help it? Honestly, you're never going to understand what it means to be homoesexual, so I wouldn't judge if I were you.

Understand?

If God has forbidden it (and He has), He also give you the ability to stop it.

1 Corinthians 10:13
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
(KJV)

However, when one just surrenders to sin by saying they cannot help it they are 1) calling God a liar, and 2) deluding and condemning themselves.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
This is so amazing - the same arguments over and over.

I'm hetero - always have been, always will be, though I had some experience with same sex sex when hetero sex was not to be had. I was in bondage to sex. Any kind of sex. And now that I am born-again, I am NOT IN BONDAGE TO SEX.

Why do the homosexual posters assume that no one else has been in bondage to sex? Why do they assume that no one else has had to repent of sins of the flesh? This is simply not true. And it's not true that you can't help it. Categorically not true. With God's help, all things are possible. But you can't get that help if you don't think you are sinning and you won't get that help if you don't desire it with all your heart.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
I have to say to get to know those who are homosexual is not going to help one except their abomination. In fact, I had the displeasure of working with a gay man, two to be exact, and the one offended me constantly by calling his boy-friend and talking about what they would do to each other after work, the second was much more feminine and wore a purse, tried to rub my side and I about choked him to death, he did recieve unpleasant words. To know them, only made me hate them more.

Lev 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

crystal clear as can be.. homosexuals are in danger of hell fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
fresh said:
I have to say to get to know those who are homosexual is not going to help one except their abomination. In fact, I had the displeasure of working with a gay man, two to be exact, and the one offended me constantly by calling his boy-friend and talking about what they would do to each other after work, the second was much more feminine and wore a purse, tried to rub my side and I about choked him to death, he did recieve unpleasant words. To know them, only made me hate them more.

I hate to break it to you (well, actually I don't...), but Jesus got to know the sinners. Remember the women at the well for instance?

Likewise, I'm sure that hating them fulfilled Christ's command to love your neighbor as yourself.

I've seen gay people come to Christ and leave their previous gay lifestyle... and they will tell you that a Christian having a relationship with them was a key factor in their coming to Christ.

Kyle

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
Let them save them selves while I rebuke them!

EDIT:

I've seen gay people come to Christ and leave their previous gay lifestyle... and they will tell you that a Christian having a relationship with them was a key factor in their coming to Christ.

Yeah, and I am sure you've seen this happen 1000's of times.. haha.. don't lie to make a point - it certainly is not becoming of you. Oh, and I have no problem breaking that to you!

Upvote 0

sc4s2cg

'Cause human tears are older than the rain.
Nov 28, 2004
Somewhere on Earth.
Visit site
✟20,163.00
Faith
Presbyterian
fresh said:
Yeah, and I am sure you've seen this happen 1000's of times.. haha.. don't lie to make a point - it certainly is not becoming of you.
How do you expect to convert people if you don't get to know them?

G-d bless,
sc

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
get to know them?? are you out of your cotton picking mind. I just told you that I had to work with two of them and as I got to know them, I hated them more and more until I almost choked one of them to death. They are not worried about their sins, they think they were meant to be gay and that is blapshpmey, they have sex with each other, and that is an abomination. I am not a priest nor is it my obligation to see to it that they are saved. They need to repent and save themselves. The best I can do is this:

Lev 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

save youself before its too late. Perhaps, I will leave the getting to know them better to you, gdlk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.