Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
It looks like you are following the "gay agenda"

Normalisation is the aim of the homosexual agenda.
PORTRAY CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS AS VICTIMS, NOT AS AGGRESSIVE CHALLENGERS.

This has included the promotion of a re-interpretation of Scripture to allow sexual activity in committed same sex relationships. Sadly, some of the liberal churches are falling for it.
GIVE PROTECTORS A JUST CAUSE

Sexual conduct is a recurring subject in the NT and not once is sexual activity outside of male-female marriage condoned. Same sex activity is explicitly condemned, described as resulting from "vile affections" in Romans 1:26 ("degrading passions" NASB; "shameful lusts" NIV).
To be blunt, they must be vilified.

It is interesting to see how the word "love" has been perverted by the homosexual agenda. It declares that the acceptance of homosexual behavior is showing tolerance, respect & love, while rejecting homosexual behavior is said to be intolerance, homophobia, & hatred.
WE ARE THE VICTIMS, NOT THEM

The words of Jesus are invoked to claim that we must not judge the behavior of others, while ignoring that the first words Jesus spoke in his public ministry were about "repentance" (Matthew 4:17).
MAKE US LOOK GOOD. MAKE THE GAYS LOOK BAD

The homosexual agenda will continue to prevail socially & politically (2 Timothy 3:13) ... that is until Jesus Christ intervenes (Revelation 6:16-17). When you get discouraged, read the back of the Book ... He wins!
GIVE PROTECTORS A JUST CAUSE.

You have touched on an area that is not often discussed. The rise in the social acceptance of homosexuality is paralleled by the decline in the influence of the Church in society.
WE ARE THE VICTIMS, NOT THEM

The removal, or at least severe weakening, of traditional moral restraints in society coincides with the promotion of sexual experimentation by the entertainment industry. The education system is also complicit in telling students that all kinds of sexual activity are ok as long as it is consensual, legal & safe.
"... In any campaign to win over the public, conservative Christians must be cast as victims in need of protection so that mainstream population will be inclined by reflex to assume the role of protector."

As part of the homosexual agenda, adolescents in some states have been legally banned from availing themselves of professional help to manage their same sex feelings so they can live a life in accordance with their religious beliefs. This is a thinly disguised attempt at recruitment
WE ARE THE VICTIMS

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I would say at least 25% of the population - if truthful - would identify as LBG.
You know what? I fall into the LGBT category, although I don't act on it because of my religious beliefs. But there you go. And I'm telling you, you are so exaggerating things. There is NO WAY we are 25%. NO WAY.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what? I fall into the LGBT category, although I don't act on it because of my religious beliefs. But there you go. And I'm telling you, you are so exaggerating things. There is NO WAY we are 25%. NO WAY.
I agree with you, but if one considers all those who might engage in same sex activity as experimentation, the figure would be much higher. I have seen one source which said about a third of men have a homosexual experience in their lifetime.

Unfortunately, there are confused adolescents who are prevented from accessing help to resolve these conflicts because gay activists say that they will be damaged. The damage comes from rejecting God's purpose and from the depression caused by living the ungodly life promoted by gay culture.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Unfortunately, there are confused adolescents who are prevented from accessing help to resolve these conflicts because gay activists say that they will be damaged.
I don't see how they wouldn't be helped. No one can stop you from seeing a counselor for depression or anxiety. Once in the office, you talk about whatever issues contribute to it. And no counselor is going to try to force you to be one thing or another. They are going to try to get you to accept yourself as you are, but also to make the choices you wish to make and be the person you choose to be. At least, that's what a good counselor would do. I guess what I'm saying is that counseling tends to be less directive and more self affirming -- it gets you to direct yourself.

Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see how they wouldn't be helped. No one can stop you from seeing a counselor for depression or anxiety. Once in the office, you talk about whatever issues contribute to it. And no counselor is going to try to force you to be one thing or another. They are going to try to get you to accept yourself as you are, but also to make the choices you wish to make and be the person you choose to be. At least, that's what a good counselor would do. I guess what I'm saying is that counseling tends to be less directive and more self affirming -- it gets you to direct yourself.
There is a concerted effort by gay activists to ban counselors from helping adolescents to achieve a resolution that denies the validity of homosexual behavior. It is illegal in some states in the US.

Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Did you even read why I said what I said? Did you actually get the reason why most statistics on topics like this are erroneous, or at least exaggerated?

On the contrary, there is likely NO WAY only 1.3% of Americans, or only 10% of the population has engaged in, or still engages in homosexual activity. Homosexual activity has existed since near the beginning of human history. It isn't like homosexual feeling is a new emotional or spiritual paradigm that just popped into existence. And, this isn't the first generation in which people may prefer the same sex, but marry and procreate with the opposite sex.

Self identification I'd a subjective issue when it comes to sexuality - which is why the narrative if marginal LGB self identifiers is hyperbolically erroneous.

It ignores, for example, people who LIE. It is NOT nearly as uncommon as the narrative would have us.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
There is a concerted effort by gay activists to ban counselors from helping adolescents to achieve a resolution that denies the validity of homosexual behavior. It is illegal in some states in the US.
It's a reaction on their part against the past in psychiatry of calling them mentally disturbed. They want the tables turned.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree with you, but if one considers all those who might engage in same sex activity as experimentation, the figure would be much higher. I have seen one source which said about a third of men have a homosexual experience in their lifetime.

Unfortunately, there are confused adolescents who are prevented from accessing help to resolve these conflicts because gay activists say that they will be damaged. The damage comes from rejecting God's purpose and from the depression caused by living the ungodly life promoted by gay culture.
No it's the evidence that says it is damaging

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
just like ice pick lobotomies and insulin shock therapy are illegal even though these had a long run of use in the treatment and "cure"of homosexuality.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a reaction on their part against the past in psychiatry of calling them mentally disturbed. They want the tables turned.
Same sex attraction is a mental condition - whether it is a disorder or not depends upon the prevailing ideology of the time. When it causes distress to the individual, it is a disorder for that person.

Homosexual advocates say that person needs to accept him/herself by changing his/her values & beliefs. For the Christian whose faith does not permit homosexual behavior, this is not an option.

Scaremongering is high on the gay agenda when it comes to offering help to these people, without any concern for the distress they might suffer due to conflict between their faith & sexual feelings.

• Agree
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not really effective to have or make regulations for homosexuality, that won't stop any of it, so it would not make sense for it. In the same way it wouldn't make sense for having regulation of all sin, that won't stop sins. But all will be personally accountable, before God, and still with having redemption there is personal need to turn from sin.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Same sex attraction is a mental condition - whether it is a disorder or not depends upon the prevailing ideology of the time.
Claims that homosexuality is some sort of pathology is based entirely on ideology.

When it causes distress to the individual, it is a disorder for that person.
the orientation doesn't cause distress, familial rejection, prejudice, discrimination, being marginalized, living with the routine threat of violence cause distress.

Homosexual advocates say that person needs to accept him/herself by changing his/her values & beliefs.
No, they don't

Scaremongering is high on the gay agenda when it comes to offering help to these people, without any concern for the distress they might suffer due to conflict between their faith & sexual feelings.
Conversion therapies can't claim to offer "help;" when they base their goals on an ideology and not just ignore the causes of personal distress but actively use those causative issues to manipulate the people they pretend to want to help.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It is not really effective to have or make regulations for homosexuality, that won't stop any of it, so it would not make sense for it. In the same way it wouldn't make sense for having regulation of all sin, that won't stop sins. But all will be personally accountable, before God, and still with having redemption there is personal need to turn from sin.
Really? You don't think having laws and punishments stops some of the crime? It has certainly stopped me on occasion.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? You don't think having laws and punishments stops some of the crime? It has certainly stopped me on occasion.
Considering homosexuality is an innate condition, not an action, I'm not sure how you think such laws would work. Do you think laws against left handedness would stop people being left handed? Would a law against heterosexuality stop you from being heterosexual?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Considering homosexuality is an innate condition, not an action, I'm not sure how you think such laws would work.
First of all, let it be known that I'm not personally in favor of any such laws. I'm merely making a statement about the determent value of laws.

The laws we are talking about don't prohibit the same sex inclination. They prohibit the act of sodomy.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First of all, let it be known that I'm not personally in favor of any such laws. I'm merely making a statement about the determent value of laws.

The laws we are talking about don't prohibit the inclination. They prohibit the sexual act.
But that wouldn't alter rates of homosexuality, just homosexual activity. But anyhoo...

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Note, I'm not promoting anything, nor am I stating anything here is right or wrong.

I've been thinking on this and I believe there are three possible options.

1) You're born with a preference (most likely)
- e.g. Similar to being born with heterosexuality​
2) An environment condition altered your preference (likely)
- e.g. A negative sexual experience alters my preference
- very sad, but I know a few in this category​
3) You're not born with a preference (least likely)
- e.g. I "choose" a preference
- Least likely, because as a heterosexual man, I don't recall "choosing" heterosexuality, maybe some do, I dunno.​

In any of these options, it would seem to me the most logical would be #1 and #2, with #3 being the least logical option.

Note, I'm not saying being born a certain way makes something right, or wrong. Or subscribing to any of the possible options above makes something right or wrong. Just simply talking logic here in a philosophical sense.
I find #2 to be a very likely scenario, actually. I'd say a high percentage of lesbians fall into #2 (definitely more than a few people of my own acquaintance).

Upvote 0