Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Can a person Same Sex Married still have a genuine uncompromised love for Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

Love for Jesus, I think true love for Jesus, would be Jesus love. The love prescribed by "Love God and love your neighbor."
THEE LOVE JESUS WOULD HAVE US DO.

The love of God, the love he incarnated, is from Creation MALE AND FEMALE.
Nothing else, no "alternatives."

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are LGBT people that simply are BORN that way. (And if God has made them that way, why not take a look at WHY homosexuality is considered a sin?

Sin is a private contract between man and God and
is difficult to discern by any others.

For this reason, we are called on not to Judge the
(perceived) sins of others.

• Agree
Reactions: Monk Brendan
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the research is showing increasingly that homosexuality and the like are not primarily genetic in origin but psycho-social. Family, personality, cultural and social influences, various life experiences (particularly abusive ones) have more to do with the development of these...peculiar proclivities than anything biological.

All research show the two are linked together and cannot be separated.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And that claim, sir, is totally incorrect. As I stated, both of my parents (after a long, long time of observation) are absolutely straight, and yet my brother is strictly homosexual. Neither of my folks had any tendency for the LGBT lifestyle. In my life, I have known several gay men who had straight parents. As a matter of fact, the clinical research has been quite the opposite of what you are stating.

I've not claimed that all gays result from gay parents.
But the incidence is well above 5 - 10% which would be random.
In my lifetime of sampling the incidence is closer to 90%
and there's no reason my sample would be skewed.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Not likely anything about a contract - just willful doing regardless of the will of God.

These days those "others" willfully claim to be doing the sin.

No need for anyone else to try to make a judgment whether they are of God or not.

"Nothing else, no alternatives."

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are LGBT people that simply are BORN that way. (And if God has made them that way, why not take a look at WHY homosexuality is considered a sin?
So then what? Why is homosexuality considered a sin? That group, Exodus International, had people who really, really tried to change their sexual orientation, and in 2015 they dissolved and apologized to gays and lesbians. I am not sure every gay or lesbian person is born that way and unable to change, but it's something I have been blessed to not struggle with, so I have a hard time judging people who do. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ECUoQFggxMAQ&usg=AOvVaw3-3mfi6EjL2CuTDwt6xxSU

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But the incidence is well above 5 - 10% which would be random.
In my lifetime of sampling the incidence is closer to 90%

Sorry Sky, but all of the gays that I have known or do know now, their parents are all straight.

This would come out in multi-year interaction with both the people AND their parents.

I don't know where you are getting your statistics from, but it is in error, OR, the researchers have not done a good job of collecting their information.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Great idea! I won't judge your sins (or anyone else,) and nobody judge me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So then what? Why is homosexuality considered a sin? That group, Exodus International, had people who really, really tried to change their sexual orientation, and in 2015 they dissolved and apologized to gays and lesbians. I am not sure every gay or lesbian person is born that way and unable to change, but it's something I have been blessed to not struggle with, so I have a hard time judging people who do

All have sinned, and all fall short of the Glory of God. God has given me certain weaknesses that, if pampered, end in sin. God has probably given you others. It is NOT for us to judge which ones are holy enough to get to heaven.

Frankly, none are. So if the liars, cheats, and so on, are not worthy to get to heaven without God's grace, then pointing at a particular sin that I am not tempted to, and telling everyone else that THIS is the worst sin of all, is to put me in a box that will stop ME from getting to heaven.

• Winner
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry Sky, but all of the gays that I have known or do know now, their parents are all straight.

This would come out in multi-year interaction with both the people AND their parents.

I don't know where you are getting your statistics from, but it is in error, OR, the researchers have not done a good job of collecting their information.

Personal experience. Starting in theater in HS and since. Even gays I have dated (never intimate).

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I always enjoyed making myself feel important and above lower life forms.
27 Bible verses about Judging Others - Knowing Jesus
There is no alternative to the love of God,
such that the perversion thereof also qualifies.
Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

It is nothing about judging anyone - only about knowing the Judgment of God.
Romans 1:18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;"
Romans 2:17 "...God shall judge the secrets of men..."
Romans 1:32 "...knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death..."
Romans 2:2 " ... we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things."

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no alternative to the love of God,such that the perversion thereof also qualifies.Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

Marrying either same sex or a different sex is not convenient.
Marriage is a lot of work. Reprobates are hetrosexual by a
massive majority. Prisons are chock full of hetrosexuals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Marriage is a lot of work.
Well I think you have come up with a statement we can all agree on. Except I don't think the modern meaning of "convenient" conveys the exact meaning intended in the original.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no alternative to the love of God,
such that the perversion thereof also qualifies.
Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

It is nothing about judging anyone - only about knowing the Judgment of God.
Romans 1:18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;"
Romans 2:17 "...God shall judge the secrets of men..."
Romans 1:32 "...knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death..."
Romans 2:2 " ... we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things."

Whatever. If they are your neighbors you have required obligations
to build them up.

Leviticus 19
Thou shalt not go about as a talebearer among thy people; thou shalt not stand up against the life of thy neighbour: I am Jehovah.

What Does the Bible Say About Loving Your Neighbor? - OpenBible.info
18 Bible verses about Love Your Neighbour - Knowing Jesus
Top 7 Bible Verses About Neighbors - Patheos

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Marriage is a lot of work. Reprobates are hetrosexual by a
massive majority. Prisons are chock full of hetrosexuals.
So, to discuss Romans 1:28, you conveniently leave off: "they did not like to retain God in their knowledge." How "convenient." How self-fulfilling.

"Prisons are chock full of hetrosexuals" (sic) IS ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT.
(Though one might notice that a whole lot of those prisoners manage to get sodomized!)

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking at Jesus example and the holiness of Him, the simple concept of peace or wholeness in healings. And looking at His chastity and that of the disciples. Looking at the weight of holiness and Jesus' blood and wisdom, His will and way, even eternal life. Considering St Francis peace, an inner peace that can cost some of ones wholeness... Then comparing this with the worth of having instead a sexual prerogative, pleasure, not being alone, friendship... Can we say same sex marriage is not a benefit to the homosexuals?

Is same sex marriage good for them? Is it too much to ask to delve into spirituality and the concept of life after death? Or is dualism and tripartism to hard to believe?

Psychologically speaking is SSM a fair thing?

Is it healthy and does it give wholeness and peace?

What is holiness worth?

Can people see a difference between Christ love and natural romantic love, from the view of heterosexual people and people who find the same sex attractive. I see them as being in a delusion, otherwise natural.

Can a person Same Sex Married still have a genuine uncompromised love for Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

Sy Rogers experience influences me. Sy Rogers
I doubt if SSM people can have an uncompromising love for Jesus and the HS and yet still live in marriage.
It is the job of the HS to convict us of any wrongdoing and so in turn, we acknowledge it’s wrong, repent, and try our very best not to walk in that sin again.

Living in SSM and walking in the spirit will bring constant battle within ones soul, for the two are waging war against each other. Simply put, one in that situation would be constantly in a state of mind, should I stay or should I go.
It’s like any other sin. Take alcohol for instance. Try walking in the Spirit and be fond of alcohol. It’s a constant battle and one only makes excuses. (Just having 2 pints)

What’s more, is that since lbgtb or what ever it’s called got it’s dirty hands in twinned with the local governments and it was accepted and given its own moral rights, everyone seemed to come out of the wardrobe / closet . Really? Is Narnia that big?
We cannot be born gay, God didn’t design us gay
We do not know our sexuality until teenage years to which most turn out normal, we are not born gay.
At this rate I conclude that people choose to be gay, (probably due to some sort of sexual abuse, rebellion against strict parents etc)
and with the world accepting it as a sexuality, and the muppets behind the tv deception agenda promoting it, it’s a no wonder why people claim to be gay. It’s nothing more than a status symbol now and it’s worn just like the latest trend of new jeans.
SSM cannot and never will be good for anyone.
It’s spoken Ill of in the Bible, sodom and gomarah were destroyed because of the likes of it, it’s nothing more than a lifestyle straight from the pits of hell, how can 2 mammys or 2 daddy’s be proper parents when both male and female are required to bring a child up properly, and the list goes on.
My partner knows a few gay boys and when they meet me, I can sense the hatred in their hearts. You could say their jealous or attracted to me but I feel it’s whats inside them doesn’t like what’s inside me. The HS.
My two cents on that one

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, to discuss Romans 1:28, you conveniently leave off: "they did not like to retain God in their knowledge." How "convenient." How self-fulfilling.

"Prisons are chock full of hetrosexuals" (sic) IS ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT.
(Though one might notice that a whole lot of those prisoners manage to get sodomized!)

Nope. You are claiming that scripture tells you homosexuals are reprobates.
There is zero evidence for that. So your understanding of scripture is flawed.
Now...if the police regularly stopped at the homes of homosexuals, then
you would have support for a reprobate mind. Most homosexuals should
have a
police record. Present your evidence for a reprobate mind.

On the other hand...scripture does describe reprobates as sinners.
So when you do find a reprobate, perhaps your observations are
correct and they are sinning against God. But don't put the cart
before the horse. As a self appointed God-Policeman, seek out
the reprobate mind first, not try to shoehorn people that make you
feel uneasy into the catagory.

I don't like Catholic priests, and never have. But I don't assume they
are all reprobates.

John 7
23 If a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, why are you angry with Me for making the whole man well on the Sabbath?
24 Stop judging by outward appearances...

John 8:15
You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.

2 Corinthians 10:7
You are looking at outward appearances.

James 2:4
have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Zechariah 7:9
"Thus has the LORD of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother;

Isaiah 11:3
And He will delight in the fear of the LORD, And He will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear;

John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly."

Upvote 0