Sep 11, 2003
Waukegan, IL
✟9,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Firscherscherling said:
Sorry, I don't see society that way. I think for myself and worry about my own behavior. I don't integrate sex, lust, drugs and violence into every part of my life. And I don't allow myself to be manipulated by those that do, or by prudes who would make our lives all vanilla and brown paper. Foul language is just words. Even my 7-year old knows many and can spell them, but I've never heard her use one because she manipulates words, they don't manipulate her.

Abortion isn't about killing babies to me and it has nothing to do with TV or Janet Jacksons boob. And when Christians stop committing the 'sins' you list, you can come talk to me about my 'sins'. Divorce is highest among fundametalists, and based on the ratio of Christians in our country, I'd guess the vast majority of kids killing kids and the kids, the families that raised them, and the kids that bullied them, are professed Christians.

Clean your house. I'll clean mine.
The law is needed where there is lawlessness. Just look at the wild, wild west in the late 1800's. While you are correct about the divorce problem perhaps instead of trying to redefine marriage we should find the root cause of divorce. One problem is our laws cater to making divorce easy in this country. Laws like these only accentuate the problem of divorce in our country. I don't believe in divorce and if the issue came up in my marriage I would fight it tooth and nail and that is very much based on my biblical beliefs. People choose to divorce because they don't get along anymore or are fighting. In some cases there is abuse(which I think is a legit reason for divorce). I think we should learn to forgive and work out all the problems.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Vxer1000 said:
The law is needed where there is lawlessness. Just look at the wild, wild west in the late 1800's. While you are correct about the divorce problem perhaps instead of trying to redefine marriage we should find the root cause of divorce. One problem is our laws cater to making divorce easy in this country. Laws like these only accentuate the problem of divorce in our country. I don't believe in divorce and if the issue came up in my marriage I would fight it tooth and nail and that is very much based on my biblical beliefs. People choose to divorce because they don't get along anymore or are fighting. In some cases there is abuse(which I think is a legit reason for divorce). I think we should learn to forgive and work out all the problems.

and if you can't work out your problems?

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Smilin said:
Glad you liked the cruelty I was shown...

Glad you liked the vicious hatred which was PM'd
me...(I have it posted in public on another forum...
archived)

Glad you like the fact I tried to refute lies posted
by Christians to no avail...(when I defended Christianity)

Glad you like the fact I suffered mentally & spiritually
when I lost my way for almost two years...

I ESPECIALLY like the fact you HATE what I am now.:clap:

When Christians pose as your friends, pray for
you when you are at your lowest in life..and then
stab you in the back when you deconvert...YES,
that does affect most NORMAL people.

If I am to suffer what many of those like you
constantly parrott to me... (I'm gonna burn in hell)
I'm SURE a just and fair God will allow those
responsible to accompany me to the lake of fire.

Luckily, I follow a seperate path now.
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], are you serious? I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I seriously am - that's AWFUL! :hug: I just cannot even imagine.........

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Vxer1000 said:
People choose to divorce because they don't get along anymore or are fighting. In some cases there is abuse(which I think is a legit reason for divorce). I think we should learn to forgive and work out all the problems.

Isn't the bible pretty clear that you can only get divorced if one party commits adultry or one becomes an unbeliever? There was an argument among Christians on another thread.

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Vxer1000 said:
Well, I would like to show some respect for the sacrifice they made. You sound like a silver spoon baby that had mom and dad pay for their college only to smoke pot in their freshman year with a liberal dose of sex.
and you sound like you need to banned.........you don't know me, don't judge me - and if you're trying to rile me up, you're doing a very poor job of it - try a little harder - I'm a lot tougher than what you may think.

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ToddNotTodd said:
Isn't the bible pretty clear that you can only get divorced if one party commits adultry or one becomes an unbeliever? There was an argument among Christians on another thread.
IMO - that's bull, I'll get a divorce if I feel one is warranted - adultry or not. But as I've said - that's just my opinion........

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
sweetkitty said:
You know what I would like...to see someone take some personal responsibilty for once and also not to put words in my mouth.
Then stop running it and listen for a change

You know full well I never said I liked any of those things.
You 'liked' the fact that I stated quite a few members
of this forum were main contributors to my deconversion.
I gave you highlights of the details of what you 'liked'.

I also never said I hated anything about you..can we stop with the drama please?
Your posts speak the unspoken..

and drama? I don't consider what I went through
'drama'...but that was before you arrived. You'd
have no clue what I'm referring to.

..how fragile you and your faith must have been.
and to destroy someone's faith which is fragile..
is justified HOW?

Your true cruelty shows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Vxer1000 said:
Well, I would like to show some respect for the sacrifice they made. You sound like a silver spoon baby that had mom and dad pay for their college only to smoke pot in their freshman year with a liberal dose of sex.
Wow. You obviously don't have a clue then.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Vxer1000 said:

Flame Flame Flame

not very Christian like, look back at my postings from James and the use of the tongue and its' wickedness

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Blessed75 said:
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], are you serious? I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I seriously am - that's AWFUL! :hug: I just cannot even imagine.........
Don't be sorry...I'm not.
I became stronger, self-sufficient, and
my true path was revealed to me...

and :hug: back atcha...

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
James 3

Taming the Tongue

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

Reactions: Plan 9
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Blessed75 said:
and you sound like you need to banned.........you don't know me, don't judge me - and if you're trying to rile me up, you're doing a very poor job of it - try a little harder - I'm a lot tougher than what you may think.
FWIW, that previous flame was reported...

However...sounds like a challenge...

;)

Betcha I could! :pink: :cool: :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.