New England
✟8,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all I am new here and almost certain I am in the wrong forum (if I am please can someone direct me on where to go for a better answer?) But I will post here in hopes that someone has an answer.

I am a homeschool mom with a little bit of a dilemma, in this house we do not believe in the young earth theory.. I am not looking to be persuaded otherwise but what I am looking for is a good science curriculum that blends old earth and God well (I have heard of novare but looking for other ideas)

I am looking for a curriculum for a second grader. Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Reactions: public hermit

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all I am new here and almost certain I am in the wrong forum (if I am please can someone direct me on where to go for a better answer?) But I will post here in hopes that someone has an answer.

I am a homeschool mom with a little bit of a dilemma, in this house we do not believe in the young earth theory.. I am not looking to be persuaded otherwise but what I am looking for is a good science curriculum that blends old earth and God well (I have heard of novare but looking for other ideas)

I am looking for a curriculum for a second grader. Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

check out answersingenesis homeschooling products:-
Homeschool & Curricula

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that young earth? I am not looking for that as that is not my families belief.

Your kids will get plenty of evolutionary atheistic indoctrination if they ever regain mainstream education or go to college.
So teach them the biblical view so they at least know both sides of the argument.

Upvote 0

autumn21

Sep 10, 2021
New England
✟8,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your kids will get plenty of evolutionary atheistic indoctrination if they ever regain mainstream education or go to college.
So teach them the biblical view so they at least know both sides of the argument.

to think old earth is soley in the view of atheists is enough for me to end this conversation with you. Many biblical scholars have disputed young earth. I specifically said I am not looking for a young earth view and not looking to be persuaded otherwise so if you have nothing to add on what I am looking for then please refrain from responding.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Simply teach Earth sciences on the one hand, and learning about God on the other hand, as 2 separate topics, just like Math and Social Studies are 2 different topics.

The Bible is wonderfully helpful to us to learn about God and reconcile with Him through Christ.

If needed you can explain to younger children that ask about that kind of question about something they heard from a friend or the internet against creationism that about 1/2 of Christians think God used evolution, and see Genesis chapter 1 as describing God guiding evolution, and that God created all that is. Science is only the effort to understand how nature works, not who made it.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Geology for children might be good, along with Bible passages about God’s omnipotence.

Matthew 10:27 (NIV) What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Reactions: autumn21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

Please read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0