Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have volunteered at the local shelter from November - March for the last four years. I want to lift up three women there now who are Christians and belong to a local body of believers.

Prayer for the churches to start to give solid teaching, for the women to make wise, Spirit led choices and for the shelter leadership to be focused and firm.

Personally, the men's side is much easier to deal with than the women's side.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have volunteered at the local shelter from November - March for the last four years. I want to lift up three women there now who are Christians and belong to a local body of believers.

Prayer for the churches to start to give solid teaching, for the women to make wise, Spirit led choices and for the shelter leadership to be focused and firm.

I'm sure you guys do a good work.

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you guys do a good work.
Whether it's good or not, there is a need to be filled. I'm weary of seeing poor life choices and immaturity within the body of Christ among those who have been a believer for a good length of time.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As someone who has lived in a women's shelter, I shout AMEN! to everything you said.

I agree, as someone who has also lived in a women's shelter, i shout AMEN! as well.

Amen!!

Praying!!!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: God bless you and your precious ministry. Praying (((hug)))

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It’s wonderful to learn about your volunteer work, friend. Know that I’ll be praying for the concerns you shared, especially for the three women, that God will provide for their needs. May God bless you as you seek to be faithful in expression His love to others.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I haven't lived in a women's shelter obviously, lol, But I do however realize the great need for these places to receive much prayer and support, As a Chaplain I have helped people get into shelter's and rehabs. Many of these places depend solely on volunteers like yourself.
God bless you for what you do, and may you be the light that God uses to bring His peace and blessings through to this place and these people. Lifting these ladies up in prayer. Bless you Sister

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whether it's good or not, there is a need to be filled. I'm weary of seeing poor life choices and immaturity within the body of Christ among those who have been a believer for a good length of time.
Do keep it up, anyway...

Upvote 0