JESUS is my rock & the ONLY way
Apr 10, 2015
✟8,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Blessed friends,

The word "Trinity" cannot be found in the Bible, but the truth of it can. While there's only one God, the Godhead consists of three distinct persons—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All are equally omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal, and unchanging, but each one has unique functions.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
John 1:18
Strwy

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God: God (the father), God (the son), and God (the holy spirit). There is no "Godhead" in the Bible, just as there is no "Trinity". Only Jesus became flesh (for a while); the Father and the Holy Spirit are 100% spirit.

Upvote 0

strwy

Apr 10, 2015
✟8,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know the word "Godhead" or "Trinity" do not exist in the WORD they are only used to describe GOD .
I have read the BIBLE more than once .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojwQKHuF54

¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨) .

...(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯` . LOVE,

________/)______./¯"""/'). . . .♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯'\_„„„„\ ♥Have a blessed day♥

Strwy

Upvote 0

joshuanazar

Servant
Mar 29, 2015
In Christ
✟8,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God: God (the father), God (the son), and God (the holy spirit). There is no "Godhead" in the Bible, just as there is no "Trinity". Only Jesus became flesh (for a while); the Father and the Holy Spirit are 100% spirit.
Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, and Colossians 2:9. Godhead is in the bible and it is obvious that the Godhead is three distinct persons as seen in Jesus' baptism. The voice of the Father from heaven, Jesus the Son and the Spirit as a dove, three distinct persons. To believe otherwise is to believe that Jesus walked around talking to himself instead of praying to the Father. Also, Jesus said that the Father was in heaven. Was he lying? Jesus also couldn't be the same as the Spirit because he had to leave before the Spirit could come. Why did he have to leave if he was also the Spirit. The Father and the Spirit also can't be the same because the bible says that the Spirit came to earth while the Father is seated with Christ in heaven. This not believing in the Godhead is just a tradition pasted on by people not understanding that 3 divine persons can be one God, like an entire church can be one body. John 17:20-23 "...that they may be one, even as we are one..." Obviously me and you are not they same persona nd God doesn't want us to be.

And by the way Strwy, Good job sister.

Upvote 0

strwy

Apr 10, 2015
✟8,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for clarifying that for me Joshua .

I didn't recall Godhead being in the Bible , my error .

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*******,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Strwy

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no "Godhead" in the Bible, just as there is no "Trinity"
Did you check a concordance before posting this? I will not speak for other translations, since I reject them totally. However, "GODHEAD" is a distinct word from God in the Greek and is translated "Godhead" in the AV (KJB) as below:

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. (Acts 17:29)

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse (Rom 1:20)

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily (Col 2:9)

So how did you arrive at the erroneous conclusion that there is no Godhead in Scripture? Godhead -- in fact triune Godhead -- is more accurate than "Trinity".

Anyhow, this thread is about God the Holy Spirit, who is integral to the Godhead. There are three distinct Divine Persons in the Godhead -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are ONE GOD (1 Jn 5:7 KJB).

Upvote 0

strwy

Apr 10, 2015
✟8,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I apologize for my error .
When I went back to re-read my BlBLE I found it in :

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Colossians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)

I was confused and new to social networking .

SORRY

¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨) .

...(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯` . LOVE,

________/)______./¯"""/'). . . .♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯'\_„„„„\ ♥Have a blessed day♥,STRWY

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I took your comment as a challenge as I was sure I remembered seeing that the term "Godhead" occur in the NKJV. It occurs in Col 2:9 but not every translation contains the term. I got my info from Biblehub.com.

The term also occurs in Acts 17:29 in several translations.

Upvote 0