Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I want to get a discussion going on the Holy Spirit and his power. It seems to me that the power of the Holy Spirit is somewhat lacking in today’s Church. We need revival in today’s church in my very humble opinion. I know that I need revival in my own life and increasing spiritual power. Maybe this discussion can help spark a spiritual revival in this land.

Romans 14:17

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

The Power Of The Holy Spirit (A Powerful Teaching)

GETTING TO KNOW THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Last edited:

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I think of the Holy Spirit in my own life it seems to be a subtle yet powerful force. Nothing crazy. just all life being different and profound changes in me, my attitudes and life direction.

Upvote 0

Love First

Houston We Have A Problem
May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When I think of the Holy Spirit in my own life it seems to be a subtle yet powerful force. Nothing crazy. just all life being different and profound changes in me, my attitudes and life direction.

Hello Akita Suggagaki,

Well I think that the power and work of the Holy Spirit is definitely different in different people’s lives and different at different times. As we pray, fast, study the word, worship, resist sin, and draw closer to Jesus Christ I think it’s possible to have an increasing power and presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Jesus promises that those who believe in him will do greater works than he did. That is only possible through the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi.. oh I agree. The word revival means "to bring back to life". Is something dead in you :) Thats the Hebrew meaning and yes I know how the Church refers to it yet I remember in a bible study I one to where she prayed 4 hours a day and said the God is not some light switch we turn off and on He is always on. Haha no expert here just.. thoughts.

Like when we pray "Holy Spirit come". How does this happen? Well I asked the Father Luke 1 13 and received what the Father said. He's already in me never will leave. .. lol again just thoughts I never asked about. We see moments in time where God moved and then seem to stop. Yet His word says He never changes. We know all things are possible to them that believe. So are believing that those things ONLY happen on rare occasions. Are we receive as we believe. He will never go against our will.

So.. yeah praise God glory to Jesus.. I agree yes AMEN!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
By the power of the Holy Spirit we have been renewed by the grace of God, having received new birth from God, by His grace, in the Sacrament of Holy Baptism. By the power of the Holy Spirit we receive Jesus Christ, His very flesh and blood, in the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.

I don't know how anyone could deny the power and presence of the Holy Spirit at work in His Church and in the world; as well as in our lives as He ministers to us through Word and Sacrament, and inviting us to partake in the things of Christ--to live lives of love, gentleness, forgiveness, and peace in the world in relation to our neighbors.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0