✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Baptized by Christ with Holy Spirit verses:

Matt 3:11, Lk 3:16, Mk 1:8, Jn 1:33, Acts 1:4-5, 2:38, 10:45, 11:16.
Only Christ can baptize with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus foretells the Holy Spirit baptism: not many day's from now:
Acts 1:5 Jesus said; John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
(MY NOTE: Christ died on Passover, rises 3 day later on Firstfruits & sends the eternal soul saving Holy Spirit 50 days later on Pentecost.

On resurrection day/Firstfruits the priest made a barley harvest sheaf/omer wave onto God. After Christ rises 1st, the graves are opened & we see a resurrection/soul harvest. (Matt 27:52-53)

A countdown to Pentecost begins on the day of Firstfruits. On Pentecost/50 days later (wheat main harvest) the priest waves 2 (leaven) loaves (Lev 23:17) onto God. At the 1st post resurrection Pentecost we see 3000 souls harvested. (Acts 2:41)

Jesus rises then spends 40 days (Acts 1:3) so, the not many day's from now Jesus promised (Acts 1:5) happens 10 days later at Pentecost. The John the Baptist baptiszm with the Holy Spirit verses & Jesus not many day's from now statement & the (Jn 7:38-39) Holy Spirt promise are all fulfilled (Acts 2:4) when the Christ/God's eternal soul saving Holy Spirit is poured out.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(MY NOTE: Only believing Jews receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit at the 1st post resurrection Pentecost)

Acts 10:
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
(MY NOTE: Its years later at Cornelius house where gentiles receive the GIFT of Christ/Gods eternal indwelling Holy Spirit)

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(MY NOTE: the Jews are astonished that God has granted/called out gentiles (void of Mosaic covenant seals) the GIFT of Christ/Gods eternal indwelling Holy Spirit)

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
(MY NOTE: The Eternal life giving Holy Spirit is an irrevocable GIFT/calling out, given by a trustworthy, covenant/promise keeping, God. Thru Faith placed in Jesus sin atoning death & resurrection

At Pentecost the Jew are told to repent from their unbelief, that Jesus was in fact the long promised Messiah/Redeemer. Then be water baptized to receive Christ/God's eternal salvation sealing Holy Spirit.

At the gentile Cornelius house the gentiles were Holy Spirit baptized 1st by faith with/by Christ/God's eternal soul saving Spirit. Then they get water baptized AFTER they've already received Christ/God's GIFT of the Holy Spirit.

2 Tim 1:14 The Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you
(NOTE: The Holy Spirit dwelling within us. Is God's deposit & guards us until the day of redemption. Also see Ehp 4:30 below. Redemption day when our corruptible bodies are changed to the incorruptible)

2 Cor 5:5 God, who also hath given unto us the "earnest" of the Spirit
(NOTE: God's Holy Spirit dwelling within us is the earnest. Earnest translated from the Greek word: arrabon. Also means a pledge/promise)

Eph1:14 Which is the "earnest" of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession
(NOTE: God's Holy Spirit dwelling within us is the earnest/pledge. That God has made to the believer. Soon Christ will redeem what he purchased on the cross)

2 Cor 1:22 Who hath also "sealed us" & "given the earnest" of the Holy Spirit in our hearts
(NOTE: God has placed His Holy Spirit in the believers heart. As a pledge & a SEAL until the soon coming day of our redemption)

Eph 1:13 salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were "sealed" with that holy Spirit of promise,
(NOTE: As soon as we believed. God seals the believer with a promise/guard/pledge, His Holy Spirit).

Eph 4:30 grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are "sealed" unto the day of redemption
(NOTE: Believers are eternally SEALED with God's Holy Spirit. It's a trust worthy, unmovable, covenant keeping God's, promise & a guard that soon Christ will come for us) AMEN & Amen!

Last edited:

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree Jesus baptizes us with The Holy Spirit. When are we sealed?

There's "...the doctrine of baptisms,..." (Heb 6:2).

(Prepositions help -There's 3 baptisms)

1 - By The Holy Spirit into Jesus which reconciles us to God is the baptism for salvation. Baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ by believing in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(Rev 1:5; Matt 26:28; Mark 1:4-9, 16:16; Luk 3:3; 1 Cor 12:13; Acts 2:38; Gal 3:27, II Cor 5;18).)

Water and Spirit baptism follows salvation - not in a set order though
2 - By another believer (water baptism) Jesus said "... to fulfill all righteousness," All 3 persons of the Godhead endorsed it (Matt 3:13-16). (Matt 3:6,11 ; 28:18-20; Acts 8:39, 10:47, 22:16; John 3:5).

3 - By Jesus who sends the promise of the Father baptists us "by," "with" and "in" the Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) includes when the Holy Spirit comes upon us, He endures us with power for service to Him and keep His Word. We are to "...keep on being filled with the Spirit." (Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; John 1:33, Acts 1:5, 8:14-17, 10:44-48, 11:16; I Cor 12:13, Luk 24:49, Eph 5:18, Acts 4:31; I John 3:24; Eze 36:25-28; John 14:25-27).

They're different yet
"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Agree Jesus baptizes us with The Holy Spirit. When are we sealed?

The Holy Spirit baptism is the seal.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of NT Words: Salvation

(2/b) of the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted immediately by God to those who accept His conditions of repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus, in whom alone it is to be obtained, Acts 4:12 , and upon confession of Him as Lord, Romans 10:10 ; for this purpose the gospel is the saving instrument, Romans 1:16 ; Ephesians 1:13 (see further under SAVE);
Salvation - Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
(MY NOTE: The eternal deliverance/Christ's indwelling Holy Spirit. < The Holy Spirit is salvations seal)

Mark 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
(NOTE: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. Also see Mat 3:11, Lk 3:16 & Jn 1:33)

2 Tim 1:14 Refer to the Holy Spirit as a Good Deposit.

2 Cor 5:5, Eph 1:14 & 2 Cor 1:22. Refer to the Holy Spirit as "the earnest" = Deposit or Pledge.

Eph 1:13, 2 Cor 1:22 Refer to the Holy Spirit as a Seal.

Eph 4:30 say's this seal is on/in you until Christ comes for you.

1 Jn 5:13 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
(NOTE: That you may know ""PRESENT TENSE"" that you have eternal life)

Acts 2:38 & 10:45 refer to the Holy Spirt as a Gift from God.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
(NOTE: God doesn't go back on His Word or Promises)

Vine's Expository Dictionary of NT Words: Seal

(d) ownership and security, together with destination are conveyed in Ephesians 1:13, in the metaphor of the "sealing" of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed," not as AV, "after that ye believed;" the aorist participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith); the idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" (see also Ephesians 1:14 ); so Ephesians 4:30 , "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption;" so in 2 Corinthians 1:22 , where the Middle Voice intimates the special interest of the Sealer in His act; (e) authentication by the believer (by receiving the witness of the Son) of the fact that "God is true

Last edited:
Upvote 0