Holy Spirit and Tingling Sensation: Is It Wrong to Feel the Burn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yea same.
Well, Im glad nobody saw me.
If you were involved with any kind of occult you need to get rid of it. Seriously. Dont ask for trouble. Close the doorways if youve opened them.

As for tingling sensations they are minor dont pay attention to them or give them too much significance. It just means your body is sensitive.

Not sure why this topic was brought up again as its quite old.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
OP, you will know when the feeling of the holy Spiri comes, It cant be counterfeited.

This is not true. The devil can (and does) counterfeit any and all spiritual experiences. The only thing he cannot counterfeit is humility.

Be careful.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Has anyone ever experienced after conversion, prayer time or spirit baptism a sensation of tingling in fingers or hands? Have you ever felt burning in palms or conscious of something like electric currents in your body?

Do you hold your hands up to pray?

If so, the tingling could well be indicative of lack of circulation.

• Haha
Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

Heaven's Child

Sep 15, 2016
california
✟18,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I had a spirit baptism and started flying around the room and speaking in gibberish.

I am wondering what exactly do you mean when you say "flying around a room and as for speaking, go back to Acts 2. When the early church was baptized with the Holy Spirit, they spoke in an unknown tongue that they themselves had not learned. That is, an unknown language. However, those who naturally spoke the languages were able to identify the languages the 120 were speaking. Therefore tongues are spoken in words.

Upvote 0

Heaven's Child

Sep 15, 2016
california
✟18,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is not true. The devil can (and does) counterfeit any and all spiritual experiences. The only thing he cannot counterfeit is humility.

Be careful.
I agree with the humility part but there is a little more to it. If you believe that you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, you will know it by the fruits that are produced in your life. The Fruits of the Spirit and and a change of heart along with humility will follow a true baptism in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree with the humility part but there is a little more to it. If you believe that you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, you will know it by the fruits that are produced in your life. The Fruits of the Spirit and and a change of heart along with humility will follow a true baptism in the Spirit.

That is a separate matter but I can assure you even those baptised in the Spirit can be counterfeited by the devil. There isn't much he can't fake, as noted above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone ever experienced after conversion, prayer time or spirit baptism a sensation of tingling in fingers or hands? Have you ever felt burning in palms or conscious of something like electric currents in your body?

Yes often though I wouldn't say tingling. More like deep overwhelming peace.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is a separate matter but I can assure you even those baptised in the Spirit can be counterfeited by the devil. There isn't much he can't fake, as noted above.
can't

Except he cant read your thoughts so if you're praying inwardly he has no idea what you're saying or thinking so any peace you receive is from God

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
can't

Except he cant read your thoughts so if you're praying inwardly he has no idea what you're saying or thinking so any peace you receive is from God

What makes you think the devil can't read thoughts, exactly?

And peace is not always from God. Sometimes the greatest sinners feel the greatest peace afterwards.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because that's what I learned in school. That the devil cannot read your thoughts even though he does know your circumstances so yes he can play with your mind but the peace that Satan gives off is much different then the peace God gives.

I believe non Christians can receive peace from God especially if people have been praying for them. They probably won't understand it or where it's coming from but I do believe they can feel it too. Non Christians aren't completed cut off from God. He still works in theit lives too just more times then not they're unaware of it.

What makes you think the devil can't read thoughts, exactly?

And peace is not always from God. Sometimes the greatest sinners feel the greatest peace afterwards.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Because that's what I learned in school. That the devil cannot read your thoughts even though he does know your circumstances so yes he can play with your mind but the peace that Satan gives off is much different then the peace God gives.

Your school was wrong. Stan can fake just about anything, including peace.

I believe non Christians can receive peace from God especially if people have been praying for them. They probably won't understand it or where it's coming from but I do believe they can feel it too. Non Christians aren't completed cut off from God. He still works in theit lives too just more times then not they're unaware of it.

All of that may well be true, but it still does not mean that all peace comes from God. Some comes from the other place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psykes

Follower of Christ
Dec 6, 2016
United States
✟11,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've felt this a couple of times, in fact I searched up "tingling hands when praying".
It has happened twice or more when I'm praying in a group and one time I pictured Jesus on the cross and me kneeling down while I was praying, I felt it then as well.
Cool huh?
The Holy Spirit is great!

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
OP, you will know when the feeling of the holy Spiri comes, It cant be counterfeited.

Feelings, like conscience is no guide for anything. Jesus told Nicodemus in John:3:8: "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." There is however one true test to confirm if our feelings or conscience is from God. This test is exact, without compromise. It is found in Isaiah:8:20: "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

You learned this in school? Which school was it that taught you things about Satan that are no her recored in scripture?

What do you base your beliefs on?

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I only occasionally log into this, it's weird how this thread I posted 4 years ago keeps coming back to life.

If there's one thing God showed me through it all it's not to be overcome with superstition dealing with unusual things.

The devil and his demons job is being a tempter like he did to Jesus to tempt us from God.

Rushing in assuming something unusual is from demon possession and things like It was pretty good logic before we used medical science to explain stuff and realise things like epilepsy is not a sign of demonic possession but an explainable and treatable physical phenomenon.

These days I'm not fearful of it all as I know God is stronger and is in control of everything.

I'm still going to church, bible studies, cell groups etc so if there was any devil stuff involved it was a big fail on his part as I still am the same. I'm the same except freed from the irrational thought of the devil overpowering the Holy Spirit that lives in us to do things to us.

As soon as you believe the Devil is or can be in control you have played right into his hands guys, don't fall for it.

Peace and love!

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've felt this a couple of times, in fact I searched up "tingling hands when praying".
It has happened twice or more when I'm praying in a group and one time I pictured Jesus on the cross and me kneeling down while I was praying, I felt it then as well.
Cool huh?
The Holy Spirit is great!

Wow that's so cool you did too and encouraging for me. Thanks for sharing that. I pray God blesses you in unexpected ways to grow your faith.

I think sometimes if we went to the ocean and scooped up a handful of water that would be like what God allowed us to know of him compared to he ocean.

• Friendly
Reactions: Psykes
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.