• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Holy See: Married Anglican Ministers Seeking Ordination Will be Considered

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+29,724
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Zenit News Agency (www.zenit.org)

Already married Anglican deacons and priests seeking ordination to the priesthood in the Catholic Church will be considered.

VATICAN CITY (Zenit.org) -

Continued- http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=34750

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Archangelus

Archangelus Regular Member

+20
    Catholic
    Single
    UK-Labour
    I know of a traniee priest left because he fell in love then the parish he moved to in Manchester a week after getting there the preist changed and who replaced him? a married former anglican Preist with a wife and kids. Stabbed in the back? Double Standards? I think so, I think God has a strange sense of humour!

3. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+7,241
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I look at this as a sort of clinical trial like the drug companies do when they are testing out a new medication. It's a way for the Church to see how well the married priesthood works in practice before making any changes.

It's really fortuitous that they have this ready made testing group to work with.

I hope the clinical trial is successful and followed by full approval (don't worry, celibacy fans, priests that were ordained through religious orders--Jesuit, Franciscan, would still take celibacy vows.)

4. Called2Grace

Called2Grace My body, my birth my choice! Supporter

+215
    Christian
    Married
    AU-Labor
    Do you think that they will allow certain Catholic trained priests to be married?

On one hand I can understand that they want to accept people into the faith, but what about those Catholics who have in the past had to choose.

5. Virgil the Roman

Virgil the Roman Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .

+1,217
    United States
    Traditional. Cath.
    Private
    US-American-Solidarity
    No,ordained priests are not permitted to be married if they are celibate after ordination; however, the Church can allow married men into the priesthood. There is a difference. Priests have never allowed celibate or widowed priests to marry; however, she has in the past, and as in the case with 20 of the other Catholic rites admitted married men into her Holy priesthood of Christ Jesus.

6. Dark_Lite

Dark_Lite Chewbacha

+889
    Catholic
    Single
    Hopefully this Personal Ordinariate will be a stepping stone towards optional celibacy in the Latin Rite.

7. Virgil the Roman

Virgil the Roman Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .

+1,217
    United States
    Traditional. Cath.
    Private
    US-American-Solidarity
    I hope so as well.