Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"liberals" shoot with fake guns using fake bullets on movie sets in fictional stories.
"conservatives" shoot with real guns using real bullets and complaing about the violence in fictional stories shown on tv.

I'll take the "fake guns on movie sets" over "real guns in real life" any day of the week.

Correct, they are fake guns, but they certainly want everything to look and feel real.

I have to admit, I have always found it a bit hypocritical, for anyone in hollywood, who gets on their soapbox about guns, using them at will on the screen, because it sells.

• Agree
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Correct, they are fake guns, but they certainly want everything to look and feel real.

I have to admit, I have always found it a bit hypocritical, for anyone in hollywood, who gets on their soapbox about guns, using them at will on the screen, because it sells.
That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

Movies are just stories and characters in stories don't have to necessarily match the ideals of the author. Just like a writer can make a character that is a drug addict without having to be one himself or promoting that lifestyle, they can also make characters who are gun slinging mavericks without having to be pro-gun.

Think of all the movies we would not have if directors, producers, writers and actors only shot, wrote and worked on stories they would personally approve of.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the constant promotion of guns and violence that underwrites
the economy of Hollywood.
From John Wayne to Liam Neeson to Matt Damon....
If liberals and lefties are so anti-gun and anti-violence why do
they produce a popular culture of revenge and killing people in
graphic detail - lots of blood; lots of splatter.

Hypocrisy reigns as usual in left-wing politics.
That's a good point. They're godless and the antithesis of who God is and wants. Satan fell from pride and they're filled with pride. You never hear of many actors who are Christians.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's a good point. They're godless and the antithesis of who God is and wants.
They are very well paid for what they do and many if not most all of them are very full of themselves but you and I probably would be too if we were in their position. It's important to remember celebrities are people just like you and me but with lots of money and recognition and we all have our faults but not all of us are in front of cameras, on tv, on the radio, in movies and advertisements and all over the internet and the news all the time.

Satan fell from pride and they're filled with pride. You never hear of many actors who are Christians.
I quickly found this list. I don't know how accurate this is but you can go through it and judge for yourself if you think any of the celebs listed actually live up to the ideal of a Christian you might have.
Personally, I take people at their word when they profess a faith.

70+ Celebrities Who Are Christians

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Johnah Goldberg of the National Review has a good nationally sydicated column today. Historically acting was considered to be a power level occupation but now the opposite is true. Hollywood seems to have a lot of political muscle. You can't watch an awards show without everyone pushing their liberal agenda. He thinks this is happening because people have abandoned religion and humans seems to have a primal need to have it so they have replaced it with secular Hollywood. This makes a lot of sense to me. Are we replacing God with celebrities? I'm not.....But Goldberg makes a point that many others are.
I agree, in the bible those who went away from God created idols to worship. Another modern trend is that people are also worshipping creation rather than the creator. The bible also addresses this.

Romans 1:25 (CEB) They traded God's truth for a lie, and they worshipped and served the creation instead of the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

When you see some music artists promote certain things such as young people having rights to do anything or promoting drug taking or sexual freedoms this is then tranferred into society and we can see young people doing exactly what their pop idols are telling them. Some say there is even satanic undertones in the images and messages being promoted.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are very well paid for what they do and many if not most all of them are very full of themselves but you and I probably would be too if we were in their position. It's important to remember celebrities are people just like you and me but with lots of money and recognition and we all have our faults but not all of us are in front of cameras, on tv, on the radio, in movies and advertisements and all over the internet and the news all the time.

I quickly found this list. I don't know how accurate this is but you can go through it and judge for yourself if you think any of the celebs listed actually live up to the ideal of a Christian you might have.
Personally, I take people at their word when they profess a faith.

70+ Celebrities Who Are Christians
You're right - we most likely would be. I don't think we're told to take people at their word - because Christ warned us "by their fruits ye shall know them."

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Johnah Goldberg of the National Review has a good nationally sydicated column today. Historically acting was considered to be a power level occupation but now the opposite is true. Hollywood seems to have a lot of political muscle. You can't watch an awards show without everyone pushing their liberal agenda. He thinks this is happening because people have abandoned religion and humans seems to have a primal need to have it so they have replaced it with secular Hollywood. This makes a lot of sense to me. Are we replacing God with celebrities? I'm not.....But Goldberg makes a point that many others are.
Well America elected a game show host to it’s highest office so I would say yes.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well America elected a game show host to it’s highest office so I would say yes.
Yes and what a terrific President he's turned out to be! He's the most pro-life president who has been in office for decades.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Big fan of Matt Damon, especially Bourne films. I love action movies and playing Grand Theft Auto.

Not a single hair on my body would ever consider doing such things in real life, though.
Nore does owning a gun interest me at all.

So much for your "theory".

I'm sorry you don't understand the difference between fictional entertainment genres and actual real life.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

It's kind of hard to make a movie about for example the mafia or gang violence, without the violence. Or the gangs / mafia.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yes and what a terrific President he's turned out to be! He's the most pro-life president who has been in office for decades.
How is that relevant is that to a person’s skill at governing?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's kind of hard to make a movie about for example the mafia or gang violence, without the violence. Or the gangs / mafia.

Sure, I agree.

My point is, the message that it sends (especially to youth), because hollywood, does have influence in that regard.

To be clear, I have no issue with hollywood making movies that sell, that is what they are in business for. I just find it a tad hypocritical, because most movies, television shows are loaded with gun violence.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

Movies are just stories and characters in stories don't have to necessarily match the ideals of the author. Just like a writer can make a character that is a drug addict without having to be one himself or promoting that lifestyle, they can also make characters who are gun slinging mavericks without having to be pro-gun.

Think of all the movies we would not have if directors, producers, writers and actors only shot, wrote and worked on stories they would personally approve of.

Let me be clear, I have no personal issue with hollywood showing gun violence (lets face it, it sells) and television shows doing the same. But, if you actually look at the percentage of television shows and movies that display guns, I just find it hypocritical, to jump on the soap box about the same.

That's all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's very informative and I recognized the truth in it. Everything that is vile is worshipped in Hollywood. I don't know how much worse this country can get. President Trump is trying hard to bring the country right and all these vulgar Hollywood people are attacking him. We need to pray for the country because satan is causing all these terrible things. I watched an interrogation video of an 18 year old MS-13 gang member who stabbed a 14 year old girl to death. She was dead cold - soulless - in the interview. When asked if she was bothered by stabbing the girl to death she looked annoyed and then shook her head no. Satan has control of some people and he's working through them.
You do know that Trump himself is part of Hollywood, or you've never heard of Celebrity Apprentice, I guess. He was also involved with the Miss World pageant for a long, long time. So for him to be "bringing the country right" is pretty hilarious.

Murder has existed since the very beginning of time. I'm sure you've heard of Cain and Abel. Was there a Hollywood then? You seem to equate murder (i.e. gang members stabbing children) with Hollywood. That's rather an odd comparison.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Hypocrisy reigns as usual in left-wing politics.
Just fyi, John Wayne was as right wing as he could be, and you write as though only Liberal leaning directors and actors create or write movies and/or act in them. I assume you've heard of Arnold Schwarzanegger, Charlton Heston, Fred Thompson, Shirley Temple, Clint Eastwood, Gary Cooper, Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Kelsey Grammer, Gary Sinise, Mel Gibson, Robert Downey Jr. (so sad about that because he would otherwise be my celebrity boyfriend), James Woods, Kirk Cameron, one or two of the Baldwins, Scott Baio .. there is a list 20 times longer that I can't even be bothered with. Eastwood, Schwarz, Gibson, Woods .. have all acted in extremely violent movies. In the case of Eastwood, laughably violent movies in fact. Don't ever try running and firing a .44 with one hand by the way. :D Oh and those Dirty Harry movies - written and directed by Conservatives. You all really need to do some research.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do know that Trump himself is part of Hollywood, or you've never heard of Celebrity Apprentice, I guess. He was also involved with the Miss World pageant for a long, long time. So for him to be "bringing the country right" is pretty hilarious.

Murder has existed since the very beginning of time. I'm sure you've heard of Cain and Abel. Was there a Hollywood then? You seem to equate murder (i.e. gang members stabbing children) with Hollywood. That's rather an odd comparison.
Yes I am familiar with the President's show - I never watched it so I can't comment. If he is a member of the Hollywood crowd as you claim, then why are they attacking "one of their own"?

Yes I am familiar with Cain and Abel. Are you familiar with:

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

Upvote 0