Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For awhile, I've been saying a prayer every time I take a drink. I think of it like at a bar or special event, when you drink to something; "To happiness!" "To our lovely host!" "To her health!" And so on.

So, by the grace of God (because I sure can't remember to do this all the time), every time I take a drink of anything throughout thr day, I lift up my water bottle or cup or whatever, and offer the drink up as a prayer. "To Christa!" "To God--thank you." "To the Dalai Lama!" "To everyone who's sneezing right now!" "To my future wife!"

It's a great way to follow St. Paul's instruction to "Pray constantly".

And I offer this post up as prayers for all of you; thank you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know I pray every time I go to start my truck. I have a simple rule, while it may not be constant prayer I try to remember to be thankful. Maybe not an audible prayer but remembering every good thing we experience in this life is a gift of God. It's easy to seek God when we are in trouble, but when things are good we tend to forget. I try to keep that in mind and when something good happens, even if it seems like blind luck, it's appropriate we have a grateful heart and express it in some way.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Years ago, I noticed my aunt(R.I.P.), who was an evangelist,was always saying "Lord I thank you." If she sat down she would sigh, "Lord I thank you."If she stood up she would say it. My former Pastor (R.I.P.) would always say "Lord you know." Today I find myself uttering these quotes several times a day.

Upvote 0