Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
My dad believes very similarly to I in that we believe there are many congregations in Christianity....

1. Messianic
2. Persecuted
3. Orthodox
4. Catholic
5. Protestant
6. Wesleyan / Pentecostal
7. Word of Faith / Charismatic

My dad sometimes attends three services

1. 9AM - Lutheran service
2. 10AM - Charismatic worship service
3. 11AM - Pentecostal Holiness worship service

And we will sometime visit the Catholic church on rare occasion. We went to the Catholic Christmas Mass Christmas morning and there on the special Christmas songbook were posted warnings not to partake of communion if you were not Catholic, also advertising that they were the only true church. I had a hard time with that and have no desire to go back. Because of the shortage of priests their priest was a Nigerian who was very difficult to understand.

My favorite holiday place this season was with the Lutheran church. During Thanksgiving they had a wonderful meal in which they invited the whole community. There was a large turnout with people from all kinds of denominations. We would identify our denomination, in which there were also Catholics, but that was the extent of our denominational talk. The meal was wonderful with the availability of large helpings of turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, bread, and desserts. And it was also enjoyed with wonderful fellowship with the people. And all the people looked and behaved themselves as Christian.

We invited the whole family to the Lutheran Christmas Eve service. It was a wonderful service with the Pastor taking time to delight in the children there. At the end of the Christmas Eve service they had communion in which we would all go and kneel at the altar until the pastor came by and served us the communion. All reverently done! And there was wonderful fellowship after the service as well.

The winner for the holiday season this year goes to the Lutherans. I loved the way they done their services and the Thanksgiving meal was wonderful. Also noting the wonderful Christian spirit that existed with the members there. I was most disappointing with the Catholic service, amazed over the fact as they are still warring with Protestants which was made evident right there along with the Christmas Carols in bold print. Especially noting that we were kind to the Catholics who attended the Lutheran events earlier in the season.

Last edited:

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My dad believes very similarly to I in that we believe there are many congregations in Christianity....

1. Messianic
2. Persecuted
3. Orthodox
4. Catholic
5. Protestant
6. Wesleyan / Pentecostal
7. Word of Faith / Charismatic

My dad sometimes attends three services

1. 9AM - Lutheran service
2. 10AM - Charismatic worship service
3. 11AM - Pentecostal Holiness worship service

And we will sometime visit the Catholic church on rare occasion. We went to the Catholic Christmas Mass Christmas morning and there on the special Christmas songbook were posted warnings not to partake of communion if you were not Catholic, also advertising that they were the only true church. I had a hard time with that and have no desire to go back. Because of the shortage of priests their priest was a Nigerian who was very difficult to understand.

My favorite holiday place this season was with the Lutheran church. During Thanksgiving they had a wonderful meal in which they invited the whole community. There was a large turnout with people from all kinds of denominations. We would identify our denomination, in which there were also Catholics, but that was the extent of our denominational talk. The meal was wonderful with the availability of large helpings of turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, bread, and desserts. And it was also enjoyed with wonderful fellowship with the people. And all the people looked and behaved themselves as Christian.

We invited the whole family to the Lutheran Christmas Eve service. It was a wonderful service with the Pastor taking time to delight in the children there. At the end of the Christmas Eve service they had communion in which we would all go and kneel at the altar until the pastor came by and served us the communion. All reverently done! And there was wonderful fellowship after the service as well.

The winner for the holiday season this year goes to the Lutherans. I loved the way they done their services and the Thanksgiving meal was wonderful. Also noting the wonderful Christian spirit that existed with the members there. I was most disappointing with the Catholic service, amazed over the fact as they are still warring with Protestants which was made evident right there along with the Christmas Carols in bold print. Especially noting that we were kind to the Catholics who attended the Lutheran events earlier in the season.

Y'all come back anytime.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I do not hold the ELCA in very high esteem.

The preacher there is very old, but energetic. It could be, that if they got a preacher from a younger generation, that the church would loose its esteem as well. I think a lot of troubles with churches these days are not in doctrine or denomination, but in the product of the generation.

Upvote 0