"Hold her close tonight. It'll be the last time." Police officer threatens black child.

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Police officer fired for Facebook post, criminal investigation underway

6:24 PM CDT Jul 08, 2016 KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Overland Park police terminated an officer Friday for making an inappropriate comment on a personal Facebook page.

Police said they were made aware of the post overnight. The post involved a comment of a photo of a young girl.

The comment, which was made Thursday evening on a photo that had been posted in 2014, read, "We'll see how much her life matters soon. Better be careful leaving your info open where she can be found :) Hold her close tonight, it'll be the last time."

- Source

It's good to see that Overland Park has fired the officer and is starting a criminal investigation.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It kind of sounds like he was trying to indicate that it was dangerous to leave personal info on the web. If it is the case he went about it in a very poor fashion.

I think it sounded totally like a threat.

Really horrible.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I think it sounded totally like a threat.

Really horrible.

I agree. I just thought it sounded like one of those "Threats in order to educate" type of things. In any case it is creepy and wrong.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I agree. I just thought it sounded like one of those "Threats in order to educate" type of things. In any case it is creepy and wrong.

Definitely sounded threatening...he should know better, regardless of what did or didn't prompt that post. Glad he's fired.

Upvote 0