Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;"--Hebrews 12

It has been said that the devout Clare of Assisi twice held back an invading army by the power of prayer. The first time, she held up the Blessed Sacrament; the second, she prayed in a group.

I would like this prayer to function a little differently than most. Wherever you are, I would like you to hold up a Crucifix, a Bible, a cross necklace, any sort of Christian Object you have. Write down a prayer & hold up a sticky note, if that's what it takes. But wherever you are, hold up an object, imagine that you're in the midst of the violent riots, and pray that God will bring peace to the land.

Update: As I do this, I keep hearing this in my soul : "I will let to there be damage, and then I will bring peace." The beautiful icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa keeps coming to mind. Perhaps one of the most realistic pc of Christian art, the wounds on the face of Mary call to mind the price she & all of us pay for following Christ. We may be damaged, but as baby Jesus is shown in her arms, He is ever present with us, no matter what we go through. I pray especially for those wounded by the riots, those who lose life & limb & businesses & cars to this senseless violence.

Please also read this great letter to Black Lives Matter: My Heart is Breaking: My Letter to the Black Lives Matter

MB.jpg

Last edited:

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This is a beautiful post. Thanks for leading us to a new way to witness in these days.
I understand the Spirit that urges you to do this, for I've felt it myself in the early days of this pandemic, to witness for the Power of God to protect us from the virus.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am amazed at our God! I was going to listen to a CD, but my stereo was still set to radio, so I listened to jazz on NPR. It just flipped over to BBC News, with the opening news story about the riots in the US. They say tonight, many cities across the nation have made curfews to try to curb the violence of riots, and business owners have boarded their windows. However, most of the protests have been peaceful!!!!!

God brings us to peace; a humble prayer with an object that reflects Christ, bringing both our minds & a piece of Creation in line with God, has brought peace to the people!

:pray::pray::pray:

I'm also so happy that God let me know our prayers were answered. So often, we have to go by faith, which is a very good thing, but it's such a nice treat when we find out that the prayer was answered so quickly!:)

I want to give God a hug right now. But I can't...do any of you want a hug? What we want to do to God, we should do to His children, I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0