• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Hobbies and Christian life

Discussion in 'General Hobbies and Interests' started by Bipolargirl, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Bipolargirl

Bipolargirl Wondering many things

+125
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    is it okay to have hobbies?
    Sometimes I feel like I have to focus on the lord every second

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. StrivingFollower

StrivingFollower Member

+187
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It's good to ambitiously want to serve God, but like anything in life if you rush your development, your approach becomes detrimental. But I don't know how you are in your walk, maybe you could afford to connect more with God. Something I've done is like instead of watch a show, I'll read a story from the Bible that interests me. It's harder than watching that TV, but it gets me a little closer to God, and kind of feeds that same desire for a story. I also involve God in one of my favorite hobbies, I write poetry, and most of my poems are about God. If I could draw with better concentration because I have a talent for that, I'd draw pictures about Bible stories.

3. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+2,776
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Recreation is necessary, and if a certain activity that you do is more enjoyable or relaxing than another and you wish to focus on it (a hobby), then it's perfectly fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Didaskalos

Didaskalos He is Lord Of ALL Supporter

+880
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I love hobbies. The Lord wants you to have life, and have it more abundantly.
    Thank Him for it. Even invite Him in. Dedicate your hobby to him. Drawing, computers.. whatever.
    Whatever you do, do it with all your might with thankfulness to the Lord.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,564
    Christian
    Married
    Serve/involve the Lord also with your hobbies and all will be well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Tomm

Tomm Christian Supporter

+852
    Brazil
    Catholic
    Private
    I believe it's alright for Christians to have hobbies, as long as they are clean.
    Saint John Bosco allowed his boys to play sports, he didn't force them to pray every minute.

7. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+8,391
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Of course its ok to have hobbys,God created us all with specific likes and dislikes.

8. Radagast

Radagast is a Trinitarian Christian

+6,540
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Of course!

But they should bring you closer to God and to other people. And Philippians 4:8 applies: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

9. littleangelone

littleangelone Member

+52
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Amen I think hobbies can be glorifying to God they do have their place I think recreation is important & that we should have recreation in our lives :)