Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to Fadlallah, who spoke with al-Jazeera, Hizbullah will not evacuate its operatives from southern Lebanon since they are the ones who populate the region. "Any such withdrawal means the evacuation of southern Lebanon," he said.

Annan angered Israeli officials when he told Channel 2 on Tuesday that "dismantling Hizbullah is not the direct mandate of the UN," which could only help Lebanon disarm the organization. Annan upset officials further when he said that deploying international forces in Lebanon would take "weeks or months," and not days as expected.

>snip<

Link: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1154525882124&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A couple of observations:

1) If Southern Lebanon would be depopulated with the removal of Hezbollah, then who were all of these "innocent civilians" we were being told were being targeted by the Israelis? I mean if the removal of Hezbollah would mean the depopulation of southern Lebanon then isn't that an admission that everyone in southern Lebanon was connected with Hezbollah?

2) If the UN is not going to disarm and remove Hezbollah from southern Lebanon, then what is the point of this ceasefire? What is the UN going to do besides provide cover while Hezbollah rearms re-digs in?

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The same old nonsense will occur. After a few years, the peacekeepers will move out & then Hezbollah, now even stronger, will attack Israel again.

The UN should have applied pressure on Iran, Syria & Lebanon to stop helping Hezbollah. As usual Bush got it right when he was speaking to Tony Blair when he thought the microphone was turned off. But he doesn't know anything, he's a moron. When it comes to the Middle East, in 10 years the period between 2003-2006 will be considered "the good old days".

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lebannons President basically endorsed Hezbulla as an army of freedom, and has full support of Lebannon.

IMO that is the same as Lebannon's troops attacking
Israel. Just because they don't fight under Lebannon's flag, doesn't mean Lebannon isn't supporting the action.

If mercenaries attack from your land, without your permission and support, they are spys and insurgents.
If they attack without your persmission, but with your support, they are your mercenaries, and as such, make you the enemy of the Country that was attacked.

So IMO Iran, Syria, AND Lebannon are in involved in the war against Israel.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Billnew said:
So IMO Iran, Syria, AND Lebannon are in involved in the war against Israel.
America is aiding direct support to Israel.

Following that rationale, the war is actually The USA against Iran and Syria, and the best part is Americans aren't dying.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
ksen said:
A couple of observations:

1) If Southern Lebanon would be depopulated with the removal of Hezbollah, then who were all of these "innocent civilians" we were being told were being targeted by the Israelis? I mean if the removal of Hezbollah would mean the depopulation of southern Lebanon then isn't that an admission that everyone in southern Lebanon was connected with Hezbollah?

2) If the UN is not going to disarm and remove Hezbollah from southern Lebanon, then what is the point of this ceasefire? What is the UN going to do besides provide cover while Hezbollah rearms re-digs in?
excellent points which bode tragedy for Israel and the rest of the west....

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Cerberus~ said:
One more UN failure.
yes, before the ink is dry. The western governments have a fatal flaw. They have convinced themselves (even in the bald face of repeated and historic proof to the contrary) that the Islamic world thinks like we do, wants what we want, means the same thing we mean when they say "peace" and "cease-fire" and "truce" because the west insists on believing that they use the same dictionary we do and have the same world view as does the west - it is part of the curse that comes with accepting their god as the same as the One True and Living G-d (for if that is ture then the rest *must* be, to justify such a view).
Cerberus~ said:
Now Hezbollah thinks they won, Iran is going to to rebuild everything and Israel does nothing, this will happen again next month, or next year.
Hiz b'allah HAS won. In the hearts and minds of the Arab street, in the political arena and in the military arena - there is no way in which what has happened here can be considered a loss for Hiz b'allah - except in the psych-centric minds of the western leaders (and their media pundits).
Cerberus~ said:
I would have stopped bombing until they had returned those soldiers anyway, which they never did.
I think you meant "NOT stopped bombing... no? ;)

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
mwb said:
The same old nonsense will occur. After a few years, the peacekeepers will move out & then Hezbollah, now even stronger, will attack Israel again.

The UN should have applied pressure on Iran, Syria & Lebanon to stop helping Hezbollah. As usual Bush got it right when he was speaking to Tony Blair when he thought the microphone was turned off. But he doesn't know anything, he's a moron. When it comes to the Middle East, in 10 years the period between 2003-2006 will be considered "the good old days".
I doubt - I even hope - it will not be only a "few years" before Israel successfully defends herself and protects herself against this - because long before Hiz b'allah "will attack Israel" in any way that the world opinion will endorse as something against which Israel "has the right to defend herself" she will have endured hundreds of attacks against her citizens in Israel and else where all supported by and usually perpetrated by Hiz b'allah and it's allies. And the Hydra of Hiz b'allah and islamofacism will have become an infestation of massive mycelium that will never be eradicated.

b'Shalom
Henaynei

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
JustOneWay said:

Following that rationale, the war is actually The USA against Iran and Syria, and the best part is Americans aren't dying.

And the worst part is that Iranians and Syrians are not.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
JustOneWay said:

but they are - this battle in Lebanon is only one front in a global jihadi war - against everything not Muslim - and the deaths in Iraq, or Thailand, or the Philippines, or Afghanistan, or London, or Madrid, or New York .... are all part of, all fronts/battles in, the same war - and the enemy is the same as well.....

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Henaynei said:
but they are - this battle in Lebanon is only one front in a global jihadi war - against everything not Muslim - and the deaths in Iraq, or Thailand, or the Philippines, or Afghanistan.... are all part of, all fronts/battles in, the same war - and the enemy is the same as well.....

People just don't want to get that point. I think because the consequences are so huge if we acknowledge just how large this conflict will be.

The conflict will come, it's just a matter of when and how costly it will be for us to do what will need to be done in order to just survive.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
ksen said:
People just don't want to get that point. I think because the consequences are so huge if we acknowledge just how large this conflict will be.

The conflict will come, it's just a matter of when and how costly it will be for us to do what will need to be done in order to just survive.
indeed - one can only wonder if any one will have the strength and the will - so far it seems unlikely... I pray I am dramatically wrong.....

Upvote 0