Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
HIV drug showing signs of successfully treating COVID-19 patients

The patients are on ventilators and some are barely conscious.

“The first four patients who were intubated, two were extubated. One of them self-extubated, and became alert,” said Nader Pourhassan, the CEO of CytoDyn.

Now the two patients are out of the ICU.
He said studies show that in the U.S., 85 percent of COVID-19 patients who end up needing ventilators will die.

But the patients who’ve gotten shots of this drug have shown strong results.

“All eight patients we’ve analyzed so far -- the first eight patients -- saw immunological benefits
.​

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
HIV drug showing signs of successfully treating COVID-19 patients

The patients are on ventilators and some are barely conscious.

“The first four patients who were intubated, two were extubated. One of them self-extubated, and became alert,” said Nader Pourhassan, the CEO of CytoDyn.

Now the two patients are out of the ICU.
He said studies show that in the U.S., 85 percent of COVID-19 patients who end up needing ventilators will die.

But the patients who’ve gotten shots of this drug have shown strong results.

“All eight patients we’ve analyzed so far -- the first eight patients -- saw immunological benefits
.​
This is great however, before we get too excited we need to see it in a much bigger study than eight patients.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'd heard that that number was 50%, but I haven't seen a good source for the info.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd heard that that number was 50%, but I haven't seen a good source for the info.
For people sick with COVID, when the virus reaches your lungs, your immune system starts attacking there -- causing more inflammation, which can stimulate the immune system to attack the lungs further.

“With a study in China indicating the mortality rate among COVID-19 patients requiring mechanical ventilators at more than 85 percent, the world desperately needs a therapy that can help this patient population,” Pourhassan added.

Initial studies suggest leronlimab can reduce the overactive immune response, known as a cytokine storm, that can be triggered by the coronavirus infection. Cytokine storms can result in pneumonia and even death.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/hiv-drug-that-treats-coronavirus-moving-to-phase-2-trials/

Upvote 0