Vinton la
✟15,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, my name is Timothy. i'm a spiritualist, christian based. I study biblical archeology, and read the jewish bible in english, because the current english bibles in the us/europe have 2000+ years of mistranslations and and changes that are not in the jewish one. Example in exodus you have moses crossing the red sea, actually it says they crossed the "yam suph" which means sea of reeds. when it was translated into greek reed was mistranslated into red and we've bee stuck with it ever since. Sea of reeds is know only in one place, Gulf of Aqaba. (The Gulf of Aqaba or Gulf of Eilat is a large gulf at the northern tip of the Red Sea, east of the Sinai Peninsula and west of the Arabian mainland. On the Saudi side of this sea of reeds is the land of midian where Moses met the sheik of midian and where the mountain of god is. In the bible it was called mountain of god, until the first christian emperor of rome's mother st helena traveled to the sinai desert to look for the mountain of god, she was shown mount sinai and believed this was it and the bibles were changed from mountain of god to mt
sinai. These are a few examples of mistakes and mistranslations that litter the bible. Another example is the pagan holidays that were incorporated into christian tradition. For example the birth of christ, i've calculated it to this. The day john the baptist was conceived his father the priest zechariah was coming home from a week long procession at the temple. This takes place in june.9 months later john the baptist was born in march of 4bc John was 6 months older than jesus as quoted in the bible, 6 months later is september in the sign of leo the king. late september and early october. Christmas was a pagan holiday that extended centuries before christ's birth had to do with the sun goes below the horizon for 3 days and is reborn again called the resurrected sun, also celebrated by decorating evergreen trees; has to do with the religion of the sun god baal this religion existed since the tower of babel. Also part of this same religion
Ishtar: pronounced ‘Easter.’ Easter was originally the celebration of Ishtar, the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility and sex. Was celebrated by Ishtars egg which came down from the sun god baal. The catholic church added both of these holidays and incorporated them into christianity mainly to get converts. Jesus was crucified on passover because the sabbath and passover from sunset friday to sunset saturday would be the next day to western believers, he is the paschal lamb. as you see by clearing away the crap that had been added and mistranslated, you get a clearer understanding of god and early christians who were also jewish. We are the sister religion, but i don't believe in organized religion, and neither did jesus whos real name is Yeshua. The first christian churches that paul wrote the ones that were created by st paul, still exist today called the orthodox church predates all christian chruches even centuries before the catholic church which had a very dark and bloody history. That is the true church of christ. May everyone who reads have a thirst for more. may all who read be blessed with love.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, my name is Timothy. i'm a spiritualist, christian based. I study biblical archeology, and read the jewish bible in english, because the current english bibles in the us/europe have 2000+ years of mistranslations and and changes that are not in the jewish one. Example in exodus you have moses crossing the red sea, actually it says they crossed the "yam suph" which means sea of reeds. when it was translated into greek reed was mistranslated into red and we've bee stuck with it ever since. Sea of reeds is know only in one place, Gulf of Aqaba. (The Gulf of Aqaba or Gulf of Eilat is a large gulf at the northern tip of the Red Sea, east of the Sinai Peninsula and west of the Arabian mainland. On the Saudi side of this sea of reeds is the land of midian where Moses met the sheik of midian and where the mountain of god is. In the bible it was called mountain of god, until the first christian emperor of rome's mother st helena traveled to the sinai desert to look for the mountain of god, she was shown mount sinai and believed this was it and the bibles were changed from mountain of god to mt
sinai. These are a few examples of mistakes and mistranslations that litter the bible. Another example is the pagan holidays that were incorporated into christian tradition. For example the birth of christ, i've calculated it to this. The day john the baptist was conceived his father the priest zechariah was coming home from a week long procession at the temple. This takes place in june.9 months later john the baptist was born in march of 4bc John was 6 months older than jesus as quoted in the bible, 6 months later is september in the sign of leo the king. late september and early october. Christmas was a pagan holiday that extended centuries before christ's birth had to do with the sun goes below the horizon for 3 days and is reborn again called the resurrected sun, also celebrated by decorating evergreen trees; has to do with the religion of the sun god baal this religion existed since the tower of babel. Also part of this same religion
Ishtar: pronounced ‘Easter.’ Easter was originally the celebration of Ishtar, the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility and sex. Was celebrated by Ishtars egg which came down from the sun god baal. The catholic church added both of these holidays and incorporated them into christianity mainly to get converts. Jesus was crucified on passover because the sabbath and passover from sunset friday to sunset saturday would be the next day to western believers, he is the paschal lamb. as you see by clearing away the crap that had been added and mistranslated, you get a clearer understanding of god and early christians who were also jewish. We are the sister religion, but i don't believe in organized religion, and neither did jesus whos real name is Yeshua. The first christian churches that paul wrote the ones that were created by st paul, still exist today called the orthodox church predates all christian chruches even centuries before the catholic church which had a very dark and bloody history. That is the true church of christ. May everyone who reads have a thirst for more. may all who read be blessed with love.
WELCOME TimothyD may you grow in Christ daily and follow after HIS heart in all things :wave:
f8d289ca63c919f27a05bce84684436b.gif

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ishtar isn't pronounced Easter... there is no etymological tie to those two words. And the Hebrew NT was translated back into Hebrew from ENGLISH... there is no Hebrew NT.

Shalom and brakhot achi.

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ishtar isn't pronounced Easter... there is no etymological tie to those two words. And the Hebrew NT was translated back into Hebrew from ENGLISH... there is no Hebrew NT.

Shalom and brakhot achi.
Yes, Easter (for those who celebrate for the same reason it was started) is the fulfillment of the Passover - which is why we (Orthodox) call it Pascha (the Greek translation for Passover).

I'm not trying to debate whether we should or shouldn't participate in Pascha, but it is relevant to the OP's assumptions :)

...not to mention that the Eastern church celebrated Pascha far beyond the time period the OP is referencing.

• Winner
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
First - welcome to Christian Forums :)

To the OP, you can find reference of Pascha all the way back to the Quartodecimian controversy (second century). Considering that Constantine was born in the late third century, it is easy to see that it was not created by him based on worship of Ishtar. At the time of the quartodecimian controversy, it was already an established feast day. It began as a fulfillment of the Jewish Passover - showing how Jesus is our Paschal lamb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Welcome. Now a few points:

Easter has nothing to do with Ishtar. It comes from the West-Germanic Eostre, which may be derived from a Spring goddess as per Bede. Alternately, it may be from austro, meaning dawn or east, referencing a solar connection with the 'Resurrection' of the sun to point to Jesus. It could be interpreted as the festival of the Light of the world. I don't particularly buy the latter, especially as it presupposes an early Germanic usage, which is quite frankly absent from Wulfilas' translation (which uses pascha).

St. Helena never went to Sinai. The earliest reference to this is place being Sinai is in the pilgrimage account of Egeria in 381. The monastery of St. Catherine, however claimed that St Helena ordered a chapel to be built for the actual 'burning bush' they claim to hold there, but this is a much later tradition. The Hebrew bible uses both Horeb and Sinai for mountains, which probably refer to the same place. Whether Modern Mount Sinai is this place can be debated, but tradition is squarely in favour thereof and it seems the most plausible.

Baal is not a sun god, nor associated with Isthar, but with Astarte, a similar but different West-Semitic goddess. Ishtar is not associated with eggs. However eggs are a good representation of rebirth, or resurrection, so fitting for the holiday.

Jesus is the English version of the Latin Iesu/Iesus, from Greek Iesous, from Yeshua, the Aramaic form - which you think is somehow the form we are obligated to use. Why this seems to matter to people, is beyond me.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, my name is Timothy. i'm a spiritualist, christian based. I study biblical archeology, and read the jewish bible in english, because the current english bibles in the us/europe have 2000+ years of mistranslations and and changes that are not in the jewish one.

Well, the New Testament in good modern translations is translated directly from the original Greek.

The Old Testament in good modern translations is translated directly from the Masoretic Hebrew text used by the Jews (with input from the Dead Sea scrolls and the Septuagint -- the Greek translation made by the Jews before the time of Jesus).

As it happens, the Hebrew for "Red Sea" is somewhat confusing, but the New Testament clarifies the meaning for us.

Easter was originally the celebration of Ishtar

That's just a myth, I'm afraid.

The first christian churches that paul wrote the ones that were created by st paul, still exist today called the orthodox church predates all christian chruches

I would encourage you to find out what the Orthodox Church actually believes. You will find that edifying. They have branches in America -- see oca.org.

Upvote 0