Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Historical creationism teaches that Adam was created out of the dust of the ground, and that the Biblical genealogies are correct that humanity is about 10,000 years old, but not that creation itself is 10,000 years old.

Meaning his body was matter and he was re-made Spiritually into the image of God.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Basically, historical creationism teaches that the six days of Genesis refer specifically to the preparation of Eden and the creation of Adam and Eve, rather than the creation of the rest of the universe, which happened in the indefinite past.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Which reaffirms Genesis 1

1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. 3And God said, “Let there be light,”a and there was light. 4And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.”
And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Exodus 20 includes the heavens and the earth within that 6 days of creation. So there is no gap after heavens and earth before the creation begins.

I created this thread specifically in the creationism sub-forum to avoid an argument over the evidences for or against evolution. I am more concerned about Biblical interpretation.

Good luck keeping the evolutionists out. It's impossible even here to simply have a discussion on creation and scripture. I think we need a sub-sub forum saying 'scripture discussion only'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0