✟1,077,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From her Substack article yesterday:
"never before in our history have more than half of Americans lost the recognition of a constitutional right, as the Supreme Court took from us with the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health decision in June, overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that recognized the constitutional right to an abortion."

I read this and all I could think of are the tens of millions of aggrieved people who are up in arms because the "constitutional rights" of some hospital and medical employees to work without vaccinations are deemed "equivalent" or, more likely, "even worse."

It seems to be part of the same concept that the Americans who are "really" suffering religious persecution are Christians.

Is it just some sort of hypersensitivity? Or one-upmanship? ("I'm being persecuted, too. I'm losing my Constitutional rights, too...") I find it pretty bizarre.

There is real suffering out there. Real religious persecution throughout the world. Real denial of basic human rights (think women in Afghanistan.)

I would think that the pain of being told "you need a shot; suck it up or pack your things" would make people more sensitive to the pain of a fourteen year-old pregnant teen, but it doesn't.

I would think that being told, "Yeah, you have to make that same-sex wedding cake" would make people sensitive to the exploitation of Palestinians, but it doesn't.

So sad.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since there is no link in the OP and it seems to be a word salad of disconnected thoughts: My one comment would be on this:

I would think that being told, "Yeah, you have to make that same-sex wedding cake" would make people sensitive to the exploitation of Palestinians, but it doesn't.

Possibly because Palestinian leadership Hamas sentences same sex couples to death. When people openly support the Palestinians - they open support their leadership who are not just anti LGBTQ+ - they execute them.

How a group who supports LGBTQ+ from one side of their mouth, supports groups that execute them with the other side - is beyond my ability to understand.

When you support the Palestinian movement (Hamas as their leaders), you support the execution of LGBTQ+ individuals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Since there is no link in the OP and it seems to be a word salad of disconnected thoughts: My one comment would be on this:

Possibly because Palestinian leadership Hamas sentences same sex couples to death. When people openly support the Palestinians - they open support their leadership who are not just anti LGBTQ+ - they execute them.

How a group who supports LGBTQ+ from one side of their mouth, supports groups that execute them with the other side - is beyond my ability to understand.

When you support the Palestinian movement (Hamas as their leaders), you support the execution of LGBTQ+ individuals.

It really shouldn’t be that hard for you to understand. You support Israel, don’t you? They have a health care system that pays for abortions Israel loosens abortion regulations in response to Roe. You despise abortion out of one side of your mouth while supporting a country that provides it for free out of the other side of your mouth.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟190,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It really shouldn’t be that hard for you to understand. You support Israel, don’t you? They have a health care system that pays for abortions Israel loosens abortion regulations in response to Roe. You despise abortion out of one side of your mouth while supporting a country that provides it for free out of the other side of your mouth.

Yep. American tax dollars support abortion in Israel, but nobody on the right is complaining about it.

• Useful
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, it's very sad that our world is so upside-down that people think that they have a right to intentionally kill unborn babies.

It's been a woman's right throughout most of human existence on this planet. In the Cherokee nation, before European contact, the decision to keep a child was the woman's alone, since she would be the one that would have to carry and nurse it.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's been a woman's right throughout most of human existence on this planet. In the Cherokee nation, before European contact, the decision to keep a child was the woman's alone, since she would be the one that would have to carry and nurse it.
Why go there plenty of cultures practiced child sacrifice many of them progressed beyond that and became civilized people who respect the value of a human life.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"never before in our history have more than half of Americans lost the recognition of a constitutional right, as the Supreme Court took from us with the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health decision in June, overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that recognized the constitutional right to an abortion."

I read this and all I could think of are the tens of millions of aggrieved people who are up in arms because the "constitutional rights" of some hospital and medical employees to work without vaccinations are deemed "equivalent" or, more likely, "even worse."

It seems to be part of the same concept that the Americans who are "really" suffering religious persecution are Christians.

Is it just some sort of hypersensitivity? Or one-upmanship? ("I'm being persecuted, too. I'm losing my Constitutional rights, too...") I find it pretty bizarre.

There is real suffering out there. Real religious persecution throughout the world. Real denial of basic human rights (think women in Afghanistan.)

I would think that the pain of being told "you need a shot; suck it up or pack your things" would make people more sensitive to the pain of a fourteen year-old pregnant teen, but it doesn't.

So sad.

Link

Remember, though, this election is full of wild cards. Traditionally—but not always—the party of the president does poorly in the first midterm election. But we are in uncharted territory: never before in our history have more than half of Americans lost the recognition of a constitutional right, as the Supreme Court took from us with the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health decision in June, overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that recognized the constitutional right to an abortion.

Never, too, have we had to vote in an election where more than half the candidates of one of the parties deny that the president was fairly elected. Those candidates have suggested that, had they been in power in 2020, they would have put former president Donald Trump in power even though he lost the popular vote by more than 7 million and lost in the Electoral College. Their position is a profound attack on our democracy.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Why go there plenty of cultures practiced child sacrifice many of them progressed beyond that and became civilized people who respect the value of a human life.

That's the imperialists' and colonialists' justification for their crimes, to make their victims "civil". It's not surprising a conservative Christian would say that.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

So sad.

It's the sense of fairness at play here.

Consider how the moment people were protesting their small businesses being locked down and livelihoods destroyed and they were called racists, bigots, and anti government lunatics. Two months later throngs of people who wanted a cop charged with murder....after he was charged with murder....took to the streets and finished destroying those small businesses, the same critics of the earlier protests said these new protests had to happen.

Fast forward to Biden enacting mandates and many normal citizens reporting their neighbors for not wearing masks...and the constant accusations of causing deaths should you fail to take the experimental vaccine....it's amazing how quickly half the country can turn into the gestapo and think themselves morally good.

Turns out it was all wrong....largely. Including the effectiveness of vaccines. They prevent worst case infections in those who take them....but don't prevent spreading, and don't last. You might have saved yourself....if you're elderly or have comorbidities....that's about it. We don't know the long term effects....something finally admitted.

Now we're learning that privacy is little more than a joke as DHS has been monitoring social media for wrongthink and the FBI have been torpedoing stories that might hurt the Democratic Party in elections, and flirting with labeling parents domestic terrorists because they are upset about a school curriculum they didn't vote for....

And your concern is what exactly? That in some states abortion has been restricted or outlawed and women might have to travel out of state for the procedure? Shocking. Imagine what the consequences might be....it may be they end up making far more responsible choices about having children and having casual sex....or they may decide to take contraception more seriously instead of depending upon their partner. It may surprise you that as a man, I've never had the option to choose abortion, that hasn't prevented anyone from asking me to pay for them. With as many other options still widely available it seems like an inconvenience for most.

As for those few young women facing a dire situation that they didn't choose I do sympathize momentarily. Then I imagine they were one of those goosestepping wretches who would gladly dismiss my own bodily autonomy at the drop of a hat, based on dubious information, and the fact they so willingly trust our government. As soon as I picture that....the sympathy disappears.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Abortion was practiced....human rights are a relatively new idea.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

It's not because they have some love of Palestine.

It's a hatred of Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's the imperialists' and colonialists' justification for their crimes, to make their victims "civil". It's not surprising a conservative Christian would say that.
It is not a crime to improve the education and living standards of others.

Upvote 0