Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can remember in church the topic of God's perfect Will for us and then if we fall short then it's still ok we are just in His Permissive Will.
That just doesn't add up to me. God is not wishy-washy....
I can't seem to find a scripture relating to Permissive Will but I can see where some scriptures can be taken out of context and imply that.

Any thoughts? is this false teaching?

EGSpirit

The Veridican
Jan 1, 2018
Over the Rainbow
Visit site
✟9,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I supose it's a way of explaining how God's will is accomplished in our lives no matter what. Otherwise, we'd have to conclude that our will was equal to his, or that we could do our own thing whether he liked it or not.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I can remember in church the topic of God's perfect Will for us and then if we fall short then it's still ok we are just in His Permissive Will.
That just doesn't add up to me. God is not wishy-washy....
I can't seem to find a scripture relating to Permissive Will but I can see where some scriptures can be taken out of context and imply that.

Any thoughts? is this false teaching?
People come up with these expressions, such as "perfect will" or "permissive will," neither of which I've ever heard of. (We have a few of our own in my church.) The fact remains, we are better off when we don't make mistakes. Still, we all make mistakes, so we pick ourselves back up and try to learn from our mistakes.

• Agree
Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 1:9 God's will is a mystery and only revealed to people by Him and cannot be defined or described with terms like "perfect will" or "permisive will'.

People that use these terms are trying to make His will into something that fits their particular view.

• Informative
Upvote 0