His mercy is beyond our belief, but hell is real

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From listening to the Lord and being discipled by Him for the last 20 years one thing that become very apparent. That thing is that His mercy is beyond belief.

There is a reason I noted "beyond belief" and that reason is that we don't even have a clue as to how bad we are!!

As a result we don't know and thus can not believe how much mercy He actually shows us. That is one thing that I learn from dealing with Him. Which is to say I (and everyone else) are so very much worse than we know.

If you truly think about what I am saying an start to examine yourself honestly, you might be able to see that I am correct, but you will not fully realize how correct. If you talk to the Lord and listen to Him, you'll find out that He reproves you. He does it nicely, but He does it. That results in you examining yourself, and that results in you starting to figure out that you have problems.

This happens to Paul so he writes:

Rom 7:14 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

Honestly, with that realization which Paul got is the realization that you are soo much worse than you could imagine, that then turns to more amazement in the mercy of Jesus Christ.

Rom 7:15 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!...

Still hell is real. If you don't believe in Jesus Christ then the time will come that His mercy will run out, and hell awaits.

I have seen many people write things about how a loving God wouldn't made a place called hell for people. The simply problem is that they do not have a clue as to how bad they truly are, and that is because they don't seek the Lord nor do they even honestly look inside them self and consider. Even if they only looked inside themselves honestly and saw how bad they are, then they would at some point seek God for His help. and they would find Him. But they lie to themselves say that they are a good person.

Oh - does this ever happen a lot today! The figure pointing and accusing others while at the same time declaring ourselves to be righteous seems to be worse today than ever. It's like a disease that if far worse than Covid could ever be. And the solution is turning to Jesus Christ, getting His reproof, and thus seeing that the evil is inside us.

Rom 7:21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

From listening to the Lord and His reproof and teachings to me, I found out the same thing Paul did. Evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. So I need His mercy, and thank God that His mercy is so incredible that it keeps a sinner like me from going to hell. Sadly, it will not keep those who don't believe in Him from going there. :(

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is very good Karl I agree a 100%. That is the conviction of the HS. And all this bit about perfect peace and being loved all the time- I don’t know. There is spiritual warfare and peace in the midst of the storm.

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0