Hind's Feet On High Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
I've just started reading Hannah Hurnard's book, Hind's Feet On High Places' again after many years, and I'm surprised that I can relate to so much more in the book than ever before. I've been a christian for twenty nine years and have been through many trials and tribulations along the way, and the allegory in that book is incredibly deep and spiritual.

Has anyone else read the book, maybe more than once, and did you get more out of it the second time? Or, if you've read it once, what did you think of it? What lessons from the Spirit for your own walk to the High Places did you receive?

jayh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2007
Scotland
✟11,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Tavita, I was thrilled to see this book mentioned.

It brought back such memories. Many years ago.. I was very down/heavy, through a long period of struggle, I had been clinging to reading the word of God as much as possible, crying out not only for His help but eventually asking for relief from what was painful.
The only other book I read was "Hinds feet on High Places"

There was a conference being held about 100 miles away. I prayed again for help asking in secret and expecting God to answer openly.
During the meeting, though heavy in heart, I listened intently. It was at the end of the speakers time that someone stepped out in the gifts of the Spirit, and the word was, that as it had been God's word that you had turned to during this difficult time, He would make your feet like Hinds feet to skip from high place to high place upon the mountain. That meant so much.

As you have given author and title, I can now order this again .. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.