Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This forum is for those who believe God heals today.

This isn't about blaming anyone.

What hinders healing?

Unforgiveness "And whenever you stand praying, if you find that you carry something in your heart against another person, release him and forgive him so that your Father in heaven will also release you and forgive you of your faults." Mark 11:25. "And when you pray, make sure you forgive the faults of others so that your Father in heaven will also forgive you." MATT 6:14

Do you encourage them to forgive before you pray for them to be healed?

What are other things that hinders healing?
The sovereignty of God. Requesting healing from God and actually receiving it are two different things. We have control over what we can request of God, but we have no control over how and when the answer comes.

Where there is an absolute promise that applies to those who fulfill the conditions attached to it, such as exercising faith alone in Christ brings salvation, then as soon as the request is made, the promise is fulfilled and the sinner is saved. The promise, "I will be with you always, even unto the end of the world" is another absolute promise that applies without question to every true believer.

But there are promises that are not absolute and depend on the sovereignty of God and His providence. Healing and health is one of them. Healing is not guaranteed upon request. God has total control and the final decision whether a person is healed or not. He is not a vending machine in this regard, that someone can put a prayer in the slot and expect the answer to fall out the bottom like a can of Coke.

There are promises that are received through faith and patience. Many make a request for healing in faith upon the promise: "I am the Lord who heals you", but they forget about the patience part of receiving the outcome of the promise, and so when it doesn't happen within their time-frame, they lose faith in the promise. The promise does not say, "I am the Lord who heals you immediately you ask for it". For the true believer, if he or she dies before the healing comes, they are in Paradise with the Lord anyway, so it makes no difference.

For the unconverted sinner, if he requests healing, the Lord would answer, "Believe the gospel and receive Christ and be healed in your soul, heart and spirit", and once that happens, he is in the same position as the converted person, having to exercise faith and patience while awaiting the outcome which may or may not come.

So, we can blame the church, lack of holiness, lack of faith, etc. and so on, but really, it is all up to the sovereignty of God who decides, and there is nothing we can do about it except make our requests known to Him and to receive His peace while awaiting the outcome, whatever that may be.

Those who require God to heal immediately they request it are actually making God comply with their will, rather than resting in His will for them. The Scripture says, "Who do you think you are, trying to command Me?" said the Lord.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have fibromyalgia triggered by hwy car accident
(they hit me)
ended up having to leave best paying job ever held & could no longer work f/t

see no benefit to me living with this condition
there's no one I need to forgive (already have)

interestingly, saw a website that said JOB suffered from fibromyalgia
wonder if that's true?
The thing about being in the New Covenant, it is like a marriage - for better or worse, for prosperity and adversity. Don't accept the counsel of those who would judge you for your faults, or tell you that you retain the condition because of anything in you, such as unforgiveness. It may have been the case with those others who were healed, but not necessarily with you.

The Scripture says this: "Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests to God, with thanksgiving, and the peace that passes all understanding will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

Although the promise of healing is conditional on the sovereignty of God over which we have no control, the promise in Philippians about receiving the peace of God that passes all understanding, is unconditional. It happens and is the direct outcome of you making your request to God. But you need to ask in faith, believing the promise to be true in your case. Part of the reference is to include thanksgiving along with the request.

But you do not have to be thankful for what happened to you, what you lost in your employment and income through it, nor the medical condition that resulted from it. Those are nothing to give thanks to God for. We have a devil who opposes God and brings adversity and suffering to godly people. The Scripture says that in this world we will have tribulation, but Jesus says, "Fear not, because I have overcome the world!"

So, you can thank the Lord for saving you, for His grace and mercy toward you, that you came out of the accident alive instead of dead, that He will never leave you nor forsake you. You don't have to have happiness to be joyful. You may be very unhappy in your present state, but you can be joyful in the Lord.

You can ask the Lord, "What do You want me to do now?" and then put your hands and legs to your request and explore the different options that are open to you. If nothing else, you can turn on your computer, fire up Youtube, search "John MacArthur" and sit down and just enjoy the faith-building teaching videos that he has there. This way, you are building yourself up in good Bible teaching, increasing your faith, bringing joy out of sadness and loss.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
although it's not fun living with fibro, am not unhappy

have purpose with being wife & mother
enough for me now as already been there done that with jobs & volunteer work before parenthood

my mom had cancer twice
she prays all the time & is cancer free
God is good!
This strengthens your faith and gives you a stronger hope that healing will come as God wills. My word of faith to you is: "Jesus heals you!" That makes us agree together as the Scripture promises that when two agree on an issue, it will be done. Exactly when will be the wild-card!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christine40 sorry to learn of your health concerns. Have a friend who has fibro so familiar with the symptoms. Will pray for you, too. Really glad your Mom is cancer free - twice. Yes, praise The Lord.

Agree that we can't make The Lord heal us. But realizing and believing who He is and wants for us is key. An example of "when" is - Everyone who lived where Jesus lived while He was on earth wasn't healed. They were healed when they appealed to Him.They were healed in a variety of ways. There wasnt/isn't a set pattern. In some cases, our Creator heals then people give their hearts to Him.

Another hindrance to healing is being involved in spiritual warfare that The Lord of Armies didnt want us to do. We have to do spiritual warfare with God's guidance and direction. There's so much about the spiritual realm we dont know. Here's a glimpse Daniel 10 "Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia."

Spiritual warfare. We're not to be ignorant of the enemy nor his tactics to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10 , II Cor 2:11) BUT we're not to be fearful ("fear not" is in Scripture 80x: including Job 3:25), We have victory because of Christ (I Cor 15:57: I John 4:4+++) No matter what we're dealing with, we have Our Shepherd and He wants us to have life and life more abundantly (John 10:10,) Having Lord of Armies' armor on is vital for all believers. Eph 6. When we think of soldiers, often we think of them in a state of readiness, being firm in their proper position utilizing basic fundamental knowledge of themselves and their weapons to achieve their mission. Yahweh is always concerned about our hearts including not being prideful even against the enemy. Luk 10:20) We can repent for spiritual warfare that we didnt asks God about beforehand.

Also, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. ... "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

I noticed "take unto you" and "...having done all..." - these are my portions which I can do with His help. The above lists and whatever else He wants---- having done all, To stand. Standing on His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know.. since I was like 15 or so.. a verse that to this very day still stands out.. shines.. Peter and John at the gate. Where we know the story.. didn't have silver or gold, in Jesus name. After telling them why look at is as if we did this with our own power..its "faith in that name". The just shall live by faith. These signs shall follow them that believe. Lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. On and on.

Everyone that came to Jesus and all He prayed for were healed, delivered. All but a town where all He could do was lay hands a few and teach. The word tells us more then once if we know He hears us.. we know we have the petitions we asked for but if we doubt.. we won't get anything. What GOD told Abrahams wife should really help us with GOD and keeping His word. He made a promise to a them.. and how old was she? She knew her own body how old she was. Matter not.. GOD spoke and nothing stopped it. That word once spoken.. can NEVER come back to God void. Everything in that BIBLE that God said.. is not old or dead..just words. They are ALIVE and must do what He said.

You asked "hinders". What hindrance was there when Jesus prayed for them? Was the fact He was right there with them vs us today and WHERE He is now make a difference? If we did in fact believe have faith..it would happen every single time no matter what it was. His and AMEN will is His word. If you knew God can never lie...ever. You never doubted it.. how hard would faith be? :)

We still ask Jesus to do something He already paid a price died rose PRAISE GOD for. Back to Peter and John show me where they to pray to the Father.. ask Jesus..oh Please Jesus heal this man today.. anything of the like. "What I have give I unto you..in Jesus name". You really think since they were "disciples, Apostles" they had something you and I don't today? Who so ever believes.. lay hands on the sick. You really believe Jesus died rose over 2 thousand years ago? Could it not also to God be just a tad over 2 days ago? You really believe Jesus is billions billions of miles away? Or also IN YOU! And then the sweet sweet Holy Spirit.. Did He not GIVE US His name? Shall we not listen to our brothers that "ITS FAITH IN THAT NAME".

Theres no end to faith. Its the only way we can ever please Him.

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
do believe God heals today

glad those two became well!

I also also will pray for you Christine. A prayer of Faith. Not I alone, but The Lord (The Holy Spirit) and I as One. So it is not just my will, that you are healed but His as well, for we walk in agreement.

• Agree
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
been thinking about thread & posts since Thurs & stayed off CF for three days as didn't know how to respond

didn't mean to derail thread
appreciate the concern and prayers!

I have not prayed to be healed, only to cope
don't believe God wants me to be healed of fibro
he wants me to depend on him daily

once spent few months bedridden as I overdid things & didn't listen to husband to take it easy
now know when to rest, stop doing, and be still
and to be grateful for blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
been thinking about thread & posts since Thurs & stayed off CF for three days as didn't know how to respond

didn't mean to derail thread
appreciate the concern and prayers!

I have not prayed to be healed, only to cope
don't believe God wants me to be healed of fibro
he wants me to depend on him daily

once spent few months bedridden as I overdid things & didn't listen to husband to take it easy
now know when to rest, stop doing, and be still
and to be grateful for blessings
Why not trust God to heal you? Let go of any unbelief and let God take over. Yes, we all have to depend on Him daily, that goes without saying. Praying for you to be HEALED in the name of Jesus! :hug:

• Agree
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved.

How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?" Jer 4:14 exam myself

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." PRO 4:20-22

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"For the “law” of the Spirit of life flowing through the anointing of Jesus has liberated us from the “law” of sin and death." Rom 8:2. TPT

Law of the divine life.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Rom 10:13.According to Strong's, saved (sozo) also means to be made whole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Faith is in our mouths and our hearts.

"if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Rom 10:9 saved here means be made whole

Last edited:
Upvote 0