May 28, 2005
Luton
Visit site
✟1,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At Soul survivor in the summer we were taught the song Healer, We all heard Mikes storyand many were touched by his story, but i saw the lyrics of tat song touch peoples hearts too
A few weeks late we learnt the Story of Mike, of the tragic wed of lies he had spun and got caught in

Now i still love the song, and i believe it is an amazing song.
We have sung it one of my youth churches and everyone agreed its right to not budge the song

However at my main church we wish to play it at out youth group and have done once before, when i bought this up with the worship leader of the main church he told me no we weren't do it but i feel strongly that i wish to play it and i feel that God still wants to move people thorugh this song

Any advice on how i go about this

Thanx
x

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At Soul survivor in the summer we were taught the song Healer, We all heard Mikes storyand many were touched by his story, but i saw the lyrics of tat song touch peoples hearts too
A few weeks late we learnt the Story of Mike, of the tragic wed of lies he had spun and got caught in

Now i still love the song, and i believe it is an amazing song.
We have sung it one of my youth churches and everyone agreed its right to not budge the song

However at my main church we wish to play it at out youth group and have done once before, when i bought this up with the worship leader of the main church he told me no we weren't do it but i feel strongly that i wish to play it and i feel that God still wants to move people thorugh this song

Any advice on how i go about this

Thanx
x

you should make your own lyrics.

Upvote 0
B

bluelime2

I think the song is really good as well. God doesn't stop using us if we mess up. If he did, he wouldn't have anyone to work with. In fact he says that 'the gifts are irrevocable'. I guess just keep talking to your worship leader about grace and how good the song is in itself, and it's a shame that people arn't able to be blessed by it because of the writers failings. I mean do we stop listening to Terry Macalmon or Geoff Bullock because they fell to adultery?

Upvote 0

cbartgu

Mar 8, 2008
✟15,168.00
Faith
Christian
Agree with you bluelime2 you can still get inspiration from things even if people have messed up. Sometime we think of Worship songs as too holy it is not the song but the heart of the person singing it. Although with this song it may have to be explained first, else people will be singing thinking do they know about the guy who wrote this.

Upvote 0