Hillsong has been given over to the world.

NIChristian

Mar 24, 2019
Londonderry
✟16,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why would masonic symbolism be considered a negative? Surely it is the meaning behind it rather than who uses it which is important?

E.g. a beehive is a masonic symbol. Yet I buy honey which has a beehive on its jar... does that mean my honey producer is sending me hidden masonic messages? Now apply the logic to hillsong.

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That isn't evidence. It relies upon the viewer's biases. I, for one, want something more concrete.

Sure, but we've all seen this movie. Someone posts a video, and the peanut gallery attacks. Given that one can easily find the search engine "google", there's not much excuse.

Upvote 0

NIChristian

Mar 24, 2019
Londonderry
✟16,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but we've all seen this movie. Someone posts a video, and the peanut gallery attacks. Given that one can easily find the search engine "google", there's not much excuse.

I think his point was that one can find the video, but that doesn’t actually prove there is anything sinister about their use of visuals. Your interpretation of a symbol does not automatically make it the only valid interpretation and deeming something luciferian etc does not mean it is.

Upvote 0

NIChristian

Mar 24, 2019
Londonderry
✟16,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Also a note from Hillsong themselves may be helpful...

“UPDATE: We’ve continued to receive many comments on the P E A C E music video and although we’ve had lots of really encouraging feedback, we‘ve also heard reports that the video didn’t sit well with some people.

The truth is that the video was well-intended and we still believe it was a good depiction of the song’s subject matter. However, we‘re concerned that the message of the song has become overshadowed by controversy due to the music video, and that doesn’t sit well with us at all.

So, we’ve decided to remove the video from YouTube.

For us, the most important thing of all is that our music invites people to experience the peace, grace and goodness of Jesus – and all else is a distant second to that aim!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to watch and engage with our new music video for P E A C E.

As many of you know, this song is an especially significant one for us because it deals with such an important subject – anxiety – which so many young people are struggling with.

We are passionate about the freedom that is found in God’s peace and we’re praying that this song becomes an anthem of the heart for those who need it the most.

When it came to making this video, we deliberately chose to represent the struggle of anxiety, along with the refuge that is found in God’s peace, in a symbolic way, allowing each young person who watched it to respond to it personally.

We know that art is always interpreted through each individual’s unique and special frame of reference, but it seemed extra important for us to make space for that to happen in this video, given how varied every experience with anxiety can be.

Cesar A. Cruz famously said “Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable,” so we’re pleased to hear that so many of you have found the comfort of God’s peace through the artwork of this music video.

Thank you to those who have bravely shared with us how you relate to the video’s depiction of struggling with anxiety, laying down the urge to fight the battle in your own strength, and finding release in God’s peace. Please pray with us that many more young people dealing with anxiety receive the good news of God’s peace through the video.

For some, our visual representation of anxiety in the video might trigger some confronting feelings. In this case, it’s vitally important that you speak to someone who can help you process what you’re feeling. In Australia, two options are Lifeline and Beyond Blue. We’ve included phone numbers and websites as well as options for the United States and United Kingdom at youngandfree.co/help.

From our perspective, it would be a total tragedy if those who need the message of God’s peace, instead get caught up in anxiety due to over-analyzing the symbols in the music video. So, please do reach out to someone who can help if you need to.

As the Y&F team, we are more determined than ever be faithful to our calling of communicating the message of Jesus, who by nature and definition is the Prince of Peace. We’re working hard to refine our crafts, steward our talents, and create ‘artworks’ that give young people a glimpse of God’s divine mystery that makes them want to know more. Thanks for being the best supporters ever as we give it our best.

Love you guys,
Hillsong Young & Free”

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think his point was that one can find the video, but that doesn’t actually prove there is anything sinister about their use of visuals. Your interpretation of a symbol does not automatically make it the only valid interpretation and deeming something luciferian etc does not mean it is.

I understand. How familiar are you with occult symbolism? Would you even recognize it? I would be happy to find a video on the subject matter but YouTube does have a habit of deleting videos which do a decent job of exposing the truth. I will try and find something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NIChristian

Mar 24, 2019
Londonderry
✟16,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I understand. How familiar are you with occult symbolism? Would you even recognize it? I would be happy to find a video on the subject matter but YouTube does have a habit of deleting videos which do a decent job of exposing the truth. I will try and find something.

How can a symbol by itself be “occult”? As I said before a beehive can have a secret meaning to Freemasons, and a totally non occult meaning to beekeepers... one interpretation does not trump all others or automatically associate a symbol with evil.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can a symbol by itself be “occult”? As I said before a beehive can have a secret meaning to Freemasons, and a totally non occult meaning to beekeepers... one interpretation does not trump all others or automatically associate a symbol with evil.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

NIChristian

Mar 24, 2019
Londonderry
✟16,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"how can a symbol be occult?" Disturbed much? Are you even able to hold a discussion? I don't think so. Maybe just stop replying, thank you.

While Personal insults are a wonderful way of not actually answering, I don’t think it helps much here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Im familiar. Yes.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By ok do you mean throwing logic out the window and accepting your view without question?

No, it means toning down on the arrogance and reading what's on the page, not adding your own interpretations. Just relax Mr. Bean.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
By ok do you mean throwing logic out the window and accepting your view without question?

Why does agreeing with the poster the same as throwing logic to the wind. Sounds cynical.

• Agree
Reactions: Romans 8
Upvote 0