Hillsong Church member, 34, dies of Covid after publicly speaking out against vaccine (yahoo.com)

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
God bless him and may he rest in peace.

I applaud him for his faith and trust in God. This, is truly lacking today. Both in Christian and non Christian circles.
And the result death.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hillsong Church member, 34, dies of Covid after publicly speaking out against vaccine (yahoo.com)

Amazing to me that people are willing to stick to their political beliefs and die rather than be vaccinated.

In this case, this person claimed his faith in God was greater than intubation and then in the end decided to be intubated. I'm just amazed he thought intubation was a better option than the vaccine. And then he died from it.

Ironically, all his advocating against the vaccine and then the way it all played out makes him a real-life cautionary tale that encourages vaccination.

And amazing further that his church doesn't feel any responsibility to advocate a pro-life stance but instead feels it's a "personal decision" for people to choose anti-life choices.
That's a spiritual belief at least as much as it is political. "If you have enough faith, God will heal you."

I wonder if he also had a history of handling poisonous snakes.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Amazing to me that people are willing to stick to their political beliefs and die rather than be vaccinated.

In this case, this person claimed his faith in God was greater than intubation and then in the end decided to be intubated. I'm just amazed he thought intubation was a better option than the vaccine. And then he died from it.

Ironically, all his advocating against the vaccine and then the way it all played out makes him a real-life cautionary tale that encourages vaccination.

And amazing further that his church doesn't feel any responsibility to advocate a pro-life stance but instead feels it's a "personal decision" for people to choose anti-life choices.
I went to an online video church service in Florida today. The pastor told about a member of the congregation whose husband and children gathered by her hospital bed as her lungs were bleeding and they needed to turn off the life support as she was like a vegetable. He told us members of the congregation were out sick with COVID. He did not once say the word vaccination, but asked them to pray for healing and to make the right decision. He preached about the priests of the Old Covenant not being good enough, so we need an upgrade, a priest after the order of Melchizedek. I left a comment recommending vaccination because Jesus came that they might have life.

I left that online service and went to another. There the pastor mentioned members of the community have COVID and colds. This is Florida. We usually do not get colds in the summer. He preached about witnessing to people about Jesus. Luke 10...”The harvest is plentiful, the workers are few.”

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
News flash: in free societies, it IS a personal choice whether or not to be injected with something.
One cannot be forced. One can face consequences if employers mandate vaccination. Free society and all…

• Agree
Reactions: kiwimac
Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I realize his death and the deaths of the others fall into your range of acceptable deaths.

To me, being pro-life, these deaths are not acceptable.

People have being dying from flu every year all around the world before covid. People die in car accidents. People die from heart attacks on the toilet. Do you think anyone is thrilled about these deaths?

Does that mean I have to be pressured to accept an experimental vaccine so that the rest of the world feels better?

Sometimes I wish I could find a son of Issachar, just so I could get a better handle on what time it is.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
People have being dying from flu every year all around the world before covid. People die in car accidents. People die from heart attacks on the toilet.

If there were vaccines available to prevent or severely mitigate the effects of the flu, car accidents, and heart attacks, I bet many people would receive these vaccines.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I applaud him for his faith and trust in God. This, is truly lacking today. Both in Christian and non Christian circles.
He didin't exhibit faith and trust in God. He claimed it with his words but his actions spoke louder. He chose to put his faith in man and their politics and his own will ahead of God's Will.

Unfortunately, this is truly NOT lacking today. Faith in politics and man while blaspheming and attributing that faith falsely to the True God (not the god and idols of America and man and their politics) abounds and this young man is yet another tragic example.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People have being dying from flu every year all around the world before covid. People die in car accidents. People die from heart attacks on the toilet. Do you think anyone is thrilled about these deaths?
Do you think people are clamoring that seat belts, air bags, drunk driving and other traffic laws, street lights, traffic lights, defibrillators, CPR, nitroglycerin tablets, aspirin, healthy diet and lifestyle, ambulances, doctors, hospitals, surgeries, vaccines, and medicines are all part of a liberal conspiracy because none of them have 100% safety and effectiveness? Do you see any groups and leaders claiming to avoid all of the above and instead of using ANY of them just "put faith in God" and then let what happens happen?

[Does that mean I have to be pressured to accept an experimental vaccine so that the rest of the world feels better?
Does this mean that you and I and everyone must be pressured to give up our freedoms and forced to accept seat belts, air bags, drunk driving and other traffic laws, street lights, traffic lights, defibrillators, CPR, nitroglycerin tablets, aspirin, healthy diet and lifestyle, ambulances, doctors, hospitals, surgeries, vaccines, and medicines so that the rest of the world feels better?

Or are you advocating that when it comes to seat belts, air bags, drunk driving and other traffic laws, street lights, traffic lights, defibrillators, CPR, nitroglycerin tablets, aspirin, healthy diet and lifestyle, ambulances, doctors, hospitals, surgeries, vaccines, and medicines everyone should be given 100% freedom because it's their right to reject any and all of those imperfect "solutions" which are proven to be imperfect?

Sometimes I wish I could find a son of Issachar, just so I could get a better handle on what time it is.
Sometimes I wish people would look to God for answers in what He has freely given to us as blessings instead of looking for mysterious and esoteric signs and symbols based on lore and legend. God's Word is sufficient, God gives us everything we need, if any man have a question let him ask God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not, but unfortunately many don't accept this truth and look eslewhere for answers. God says to study to show yourself approved so I take that to heart and do it rather than falling back on men's politics or other sources that are a waste of time.

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think people are clamoring that seat belts, air bags, drunk driving and other traffic laws, street lights, traffic lights, defibrillators, CPR, nitroglycerin tablets, aspirin, healthy diet and lifestyle, ambulances, doctors, hospitals, surgeries, vaccines, and medicines are all part of a liberal conspiracy because none of them have 100% safety and effectiveness? Do you see any groups and leaders claiming to avoid all of the above and instead of using ANY of them just "put faith in God" and then let what happens happen?

Does this mean that you and I and everyone must be pressured to give up our freedoms and forced to accept seat belts, air bags, drunk driving and other traffic laws, street lights, traffic lights, defibrillators, CPR, nitroglycerin tablets, aspirin, healthy diet and lifestyle, ambulances, doctors, hospitals, surgeries, vaccines, and medicines so that the rest of the world feels better?

Or are you advocating that when it comes to seat belts, air bags, drunk driving and other traffic laws, street lights, traffic lights, defibrillators, CPR, nitroglycerin tablets, aspirin, healthy diet and lifestyle, ambulances, doctors, hospitals, surgeries, vaccines, and medicines everyone should be given 100% freedom because it's their right to reject any and all of those imperfect "solutions" which are proven to be imperfect?

Sometimes I wish people would look to God for answers in what He has freely given to us as blessings instead of looking for mysterious and esoteric signs and symbols based on lore and legend. God's Word is sufficient, God gives us everything we need, if any man have a question let him ask God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not, but unfortunately many don't accept this truth and look eslewhere for answers. God says to study to show yourself approved so I take that to heart and do it rather than falling back on men's politics or other sources that are a waste of time.
I was making a point. If you want to take things so literally, feel free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there were vaccines available to prevent or severely mitigate the effects of the flu, car accidents, and heart attacks, I bet many people would receive these vaccines.
Especially experimental ones, right? I'm not forcing anyone not to have one, I don't see why I should have to come under pressure to have one. People have a free choice. If we start taking one away, then it's a slippery slope.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was making a point. If you want to take things so literally, feel free.
You used literal examples so I replied with literal examples. What was figurative in your post?

And what point were you trying to make?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Especially experimental ones, right? I'm not forcing anyone not to have one, I don't see why I should have to come under pressure to have one. People have a free choice. If we start taking one away, then it's a slippery slope.

Nothing takes away someone's freedom of choice like dying from the Nth variant of a disease which could have been brought under control much more quickly but for those who don't understand basic science and probability, but still think it's somehow all about them and their almighty choice-addiction.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was left out here which is ALL that should have been said is what they said " Please pray y’all". Yeah he had family that we that know the lord should be praying for not about his free choice.

There are things being left out here. Well I have noticed how this "one" or that "one" that ...sad have died that didn't get the shot. What I have to search dig so hard for is to find out about all those THOUSANDS that have died "after" getting the shot. Then those that have side effects for life. When you have family friends around you that have suffered or even died after getting this shot you tend to question it. And each one KNEW nothing would happen to them.

Is "faith to be healed" the next thing the world goes after? I know Isa 53 5 1st Peter 2 24. Christ aka GOD gave those that believe all authority over the enemy to cast out demons to speak with new tongues to lay hands on the sick that shall recover. These follow them that "believe".

I am not upset but hurt..someone lost a family member and were talking about something he said not about the loved ones that will never see him again. So I guess the lord through me asks if we can PRAY for them. Again.. this should have been said from the start. We know better.. were told how we are to be thinking and speaking.. words of life. We are to help those that lost family.

Not here to offend... the OP did nothing wrong.. I just believe PRAYER from those that have the light.. life in them should be praying> So the world knows no matter what our bother sister did.. we carry them hold them love them pray always for them.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
On the positive side, this Florida mom refused to get vaccinated, caught COVID, was given a 20 percent chance at survival, and now she decided to speak out in favor of the vaccines after she survived the initial bout of COVID

I hope more people like her come forward... speaking out, even after personal embarrassment, is the only thing that's going to change peoples minds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but I don't see any great faith evidenced by turning one's back on the advice of medical professionals who are trying to help people be informed as to the best practices to observe concerning the virus (hand-washing, social distancing, masking, etc.) in favor of...I don't know what...thinking that God will grant you immunity because you believe in Him? Or whatever this man's plan was that made him so sure he could speak out against the vaccines and still be fine when he himself contracted the virus and ended up in the hospital.

You shall not tempt the Lord your God, remember?

Indeed. There's a difference between faith and just being stubborn and foolish. But maybe certain religious cultures in the US haven't really taught that lesson very well.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I know all those Christians going to the hospital every day of every month of every year, not trusting in god to cure them of their cancer, broken legs and such. Funny how only NOW it matters to put faith in god and not the medicine and cures he created.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Indeed. There's a difference between faith and just being stubborn and foolish. But maybe certain religious cultures in the US haven't really taught that lesson very well.
"When Kahless went to the man, he asked him what he was doing. The man replied, "I am not afraid. I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." Kahless respected the man and returned to the safety of the walls. On the following day, the man was killed by the storm."

seems clear enough.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Does that mean I have to be pressured to accept an experimental vaccine so that the rest of the world feels better?

thing is, people actually pay attention to the means to avoid those deaths, we have vaccinations and such, seatbelts, speed limits.

Upvote 0