Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mac - I've seen you do this in several threads now, do label anyone who opposes obamassiah as a racist?

You must be mistaking me for someone else. I don't comment on the racial issues. I just said that to complement what Mach said before.

Upvote 0

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm in agreement with you here. I have always thought the Clintons were closet racists and this event in asense, brings them (at least Hillary) out of the closet.

Ne, I posted that as a follow up to this, to show agreement.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He's done.
No. I think Hillary's done. Otherwise, she wouldn't be sinking to such levels.

Isn't it true that this photo is from Africa? And isn't it true that Obama dresses up for the culture he's visiting?

Then what's the problem?
Ringo

Reactions: Anovah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Plouffe[Obama campaign manager ] said in a statement: “On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election.

OK Mr. Plouffe. This is so unfair. But tell us why your boss has not withdrawn his membership in Rev. Wright's church after Wright honored Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan with a life time achievement award.

Give us some information on the relationship between your boss and Raila Odinga. Does Obama support Odinga's policy of majimbo? When Odinga flew to Iowa to endorse your boss, did they speak of how Odinga made his money and what he is doing to Kenya?

Then, Plouffe, what about the reports of Nation of Islam members working for Obama's last run for Senate? That true?
Careful. Don't break too much of a sweat trying to convince us all that your slime-by-association is valid.

We don't want to stink up the thread too much.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you think I've flamed you and feel it necessary to report a post, fine. Feel free.

But kindly don't keep sending the same report over and over and over. I got the message the first time. It's quite unnecessary.

Thank you.
Ringo

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Careful. Don't break too much of a sweat trying to convince us all that your slime-by-association is valid.

Ringo
This is self inflicted convincing.

If this did come from the Clintons, which would be sad, it is no different then the GOP politics of ignorance to invoke fear.

Maybe the Clinton's did take Foxe Billy Crystal's advice to resort to fear to stop Obama.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Ringo

Those are facts. If you want to characterize Senator Obama's associations as slime, that is on you. We can add many others to the list if you wish. Bill Ayers for one. Dorothy Tillman for another.

Ever think of the national security implications of Obama's associations? Someone with his background would have difficulty, I believe, getting even a low level security clearance (the Nation of Islam connections being the biggest red flag). Yet Democrats want to give him the nuclear football. In a democracy, we can do that of course. But think about what foreign intelligence agencies are going to do. Think they are going to share information with someone who, for 20 years, has been a member of a church which supports Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam?

This wouldn't be the first time this happened either. Info from foreign intel dried up under Carter because many operatives in the EU didn't trust him not to tell the Soviets what they told his administration. We know where that ended up: The fall of Iran and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan--the direct source of our current problems in the middle east.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Those are facts. If you want to characterize Senator Obama's associations as slime, that is on you. We can add many others to the list if you wish. Bill Ayers for one. Dorothy Tillman for another.

Ever think of the national security implications of Obama's associations? Someone with his background would have difficulty, I believe, getting even a low level security clearance (the Nation of Islam connections being the biggest red flag). Yet Democrats want to give him the nuclear football. In a democracy, we can do that of course. But think about what foreign intelligence agencies are going to do. Think they are going to share information with someone who, for 20 years, has been a member of a church which supports Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam?

This wouldn't be the first time this happened either. Info from foreign intel dried up under Carter because many operatives in the EU didn't trust him not to tell the Soviets what they told his administration. We know where that ended up: The fall of Iran and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan--the direct source of our current problems in the middle east.
A church that supposedly supports Farrakhan (excuse me. I've been misspelling his name). There's no evidence that Obama's a Muslim, that he supports Farrakhan, or that anything else that's been said about him on this forum is true.

It's a slime when it continues to be said despite there being no evidence that said accusations are true.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ

This is really garbage Voegelin. It makes it all the sweeter that this man will soon be your president.

You would think that this would have kept him off of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security.

Obama was against the war was so that we could finish kicking but in Afghanistan and hunt down the terrorists who committed 9/11.

Instead, the administration gave them just what they wanted - a distraction for US troops away from looking for them.

I would certainly trust the man who understood what Iraq would do to hurt the war on terror over anybody who supported the war in Iraq when it comes to homeland security, foreign intelligence, and the nuclear football.

Obama said:
I don't oppose all wars. After September 11, after witnessing the carnage and destruction, the dust and the tears, I supported this administration's pledge to hunt down and root out those who would slaughter innocents in the name of intolerance, and I would willingly take up arms myself to prevent such tragedy from happening again.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars. So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with Bin Laden and al-Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to make sure that...we vigorously enforce a nonproliferation treaty, and that former enemies and current allies like Russia safeguard and ultimately eliminate their stores of nuclear material, and that nations like Pakistan and India never use the terrible weapons already in their possession, and that the arms merchants in our own country stop feeding the countless wars that rage across the globe.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to make sure our so-called allies in the Middle East, the Saudis and the Egyptians, stop oppressing their own people, and suppressing dissent, and tolerating corruption and inequality, and mismanaging their economies so that their youth grow up without education, without prospects, without hope, the ready recruits of terrorist cells.
You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to wean ourselves off Middle East oil through an energy policy that doesn't simply serve the interests of Exxon and Mobil.
Those are the battles that we need to fight. Those are the battles that we willingly join. The battles against ignorance and intolerance. Corruption and greed. Poverty and despair."

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The photo comes rom HRC and camp, not from any republicans or sub-group of republicans. So why the injection of neo-con if not simply to elicit an emotional reaction in order to distract from the fact that this is the dems eating their own?
It reminds me of nearly every time a Muslim is asked to condemn Islamic terrorists. They condemn it, and it's always followed with something like, "But you have to remember what Israel is doing".

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was the general election, this is different.
Really?

This is much more like the Willie Horton ad against Dukakis in the primary. The campaign that released it was suck from negativity. I believe this is what will happen here.
That was Al Gore's camp, right?

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is really garbage Voegelin. It makes it all the sweeter that this man will soon be your president.

That one simple fact brings me no end of amusement as I read through threads here :D Keep reminding them, it's almost fun to watch the floundering frustration.

OT, I agree with a few other folk that this really signifies that Hillary's campaign is likely spiraling. Her 'performance' of the last day or so has been really disappointing to me considering I would have liked her as the nominee. It's pretty much all Obamassiah for me now :)

Upvote 0