Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it's beyond a double standard. In a case like this, we can call it what it is. Racism.

Thankfully, not as many Americans are racists as the racists seem to think. If people are counting on racism for a political victory, they'll be sadly mistaken
I'm in agreement with you here. I have always thought the Clintons were closet racists and this event in asense, brings them (at least Hillary) out of the closet.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
it's beyond a double standard. In a case like this, we can call it what it is. Racism.

Thankfully, not as many Americans are racists as the racists seem to think. If people are counting on racism for a political victory, they'll be sadly mistaken

Obama has gone, for 20 years ,to a church which preaches "afrocentric" and "black liberation" theology. His pastor just honored Louis Farrakhan. Farrakhan just this Sunday gave a two hour speech praising Obama.

Er...who is the racist in this story? Those who point all this out?

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I see when Obama dresses in traditional dress when visiting a country as a representative we throw fits and associate him with Islam, but not so when anyone else does it.

Bingo!

The tackiness of people will never cease to amaze me.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That appears to be the hypocrisy we see coming from a Democrat campaign, indeed. :thumbsup:

There were no qualifiers to my "of people", anyone who fits the bill can where that label, Democrat, Republican, whomever.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There were no qualifiers to my "of people", anyone who fits the bill can where that label, Democrat, Republican, whomever.
In this case, it seems to fit some high level Democrats like a glove

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed it does. Unlike you I have no problem being non-partisan. :)
Really? We have a thread showing blatant hypocrisy from some on the left and you find it necessary to include Republicans in the condemnation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Really? We have a thread showing blatant hypocrisy from some on the left and you find it necessary to include Republicans in the condemnation

Where did I include Republicans in anything, I said people.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What's the deal with Obama and Kenya in the first place? His Kenyan father ditched his mother and he never knew him. Similiar situation with his Indonesian step father. His mother's parents raised him in Hawaii. Gave him the best of everything. But now he's finding his roots with Odinga in Kenya and Rev. Wright in Chicago?

Not that I have any problem with any of this. People can do what they want. However working his family situation out on the political stage at taxpayer expense is another thing. Don't particularly see how all the trips to Kenya and how Odinga's trips to the USA fit in with Obama representing the people of the state of Illinois in the U.S. Senate.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's the deal with Obama and Kenya in the first place? His Kenyan father ditched his mother and he never knew him. Similiar situation with his Indonesian step father. His mother's parents raised him in Hawaii. Gave him the best of everything. But now he's finding his roots with Odinga in Kenya and Rev. Wright in Chicago?

Not that I have any problem with any of this. People can do what they want. However working his family situation out on the political stage at taxpayer expense is another thing. Don't particularly see how all the trips to Kenya and how Odinga's trips to the USA fit in with Obama representing the people of the state of Illinois in the U.S. Senate.

Right. So no politicians should really travel around the world; I mean how could it possibly represent America. Your posts never cease to amaze Voegelin.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It killed Dukakis (thankfully)

quick - no looking it up - what was his wife's name?

Mrs. Dukakis.

DYOOOOOOOOOOhohohohohoho
This is just desperation politics. From Hillary and from the right. Her use of this picture just convinces me even more that I cannot in good conscience vote for her.

It actually seems her tactics fit right in line with all the other neo-con, republican trash that's spewed forth from the sewers of DC.

DC is rated one of the most liberal cities in the Union, so those are liberal sewers :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
another desperate lib resorts to the use of neo-con, once again showing the intellectual wasteland they choose to inhabit can't keep pace. :thumbsup:

Why is it desperate? We've been ruled by neo-cons for pretty much the past eight years, and HRC's tactics seem to mesh quite well with many smear jobs we've seen from the administration and it's apologists against anyone who would speak out against them.

Mrs. Dukakis.

DYOOOOOOOOOOhohohohohoho

DC is rated one of the most liberal cities in the Union, so those are liberal sewers :cool:

Actually, I believe her name was Kitty.

And DC is one of the most liberal towns, but the US Capitol is split almost evenly between democrats and republicans. And politics also transcends ideologies.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Why is it desperate? We've been ruled by neo-cons for pretty much the past eight years, and HRC's tactics seem to mesh quite well with many smear jobs we've seen from the administration and it's apologists against anyone who would speak out against them.

Actually, I believe her name was Kitty.

And DC is one of the most liberal towns, but the US Capitol is split almost evenly between democrats and republicans. And politics also transcends ideologies.
OK, well, I'll admit is wasn't meant to be incredibly insightful.

On other topics, is it just me or does Obama look remarkably like no-armor Boba Fette in that picture? Or, at least, some other Star Wars character?

Upvote 0

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The photo comes rom HRC and camp, not from any republicans or sub-group of republicans. So why the injection of neo-con if not simply to elicit an emotional reaction in order to distract from the fact that this is the dems eating their own?

Upvote 0

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He's done.

I think this more symbolizes that she is done.

Didn't a photo of Dukakis in a tank and one of Kerry in a NASA "bunny suit" cost them a lot of votes

That was the general election, this is different.

This is much more like the Willie Horton ad against Dukakis in the primary. The campaign that released it was suck from negativity. I believe this is what will happen here.

And people, don't drag the GOP into this, this is just the racist Clintons.

Upvote 0