Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Several news outlets are reporting this story. Could it be? Might it be? Could dear Hillary Clinton try and redeem herself and run again in 2020?
In the last election Trump won because Hillary was so poor a candidate. Somehow now she's a better candidate than all the other Dems? Whatever drugs are involved in that kind of thinking, I want some.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Several news outlets are reporting this story. Could it be? Might it be? Could dear Hillary Clinton try and redeem herself and run again in 2020?
We will have a a definitive answer when the New Hampshire filing date comes this week. if she doesn’t file there we can dispense with the notion of her running again.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

It must be that the current candidates aren't good enough for them? Ha, the circus must go on!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hillary won the popular vote, but the people in power voted for Trump, so...
She lost out of incompetence. She didn't campaign in Wisconsin and lost it. She almost managed to lose Minnesota. She was clueless about the electoral college. Trump was vulnerable but she was simply not up to the challenge of being a better candidate than Trump. Trump needed someone as bad as Hillary to win. Almost ANY of the other Re[ublican candidates he upended would have done better than he did against Hillary. She shouldn't even be showing her face in Dem circles. They are really hurting if any of them think she is going to be their best candidate (again).

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
She lost out of incompetence. She didn't campaign in Wisconsin and lost it. She almost managed to lose Minnesota. She was clueless about the electoral college. Trump was vulnerable but she was simply not up to the challenge of being a better candidate than Trump. Trump needed someone as bad as Hillary to win. Almost ANY of the other Re[ublican candidates he upended would have done better than he did against Hillary. She shouldn't even be showing her face in Dem circles. They are really hurting if any of them think she is going to be their best candidate (again).
Her campaign did a poor job of trying to secure the needed 270 electoral votes. To totally skip WI, after they had elected Scott Walker twice for Governor, made no sense at all.

• Agree
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
She's just grandstanding, and thinking that she could "bring back the glory days". The only problem is that she wouldn't be able to sweep things under the rug this time, even with all the television coverage in her favor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

source?

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. I think Trump was a candidate that a lot of people resonated with and felt passionate about what he preached.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt that she is hearing from various friends and supporters who want her to run again. Every one of the declared candidates and other people who are not candidates can say the same thing. But it doesn't mean anything special.

As for calling it "enormous pressure," I guess that's simply her way of saying that she has received some phone calls and emails. I'd file it in the folder with "vast Right-wing conspiracy" and half of the electorate being "Deplorables" for not supporting her. ;)

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the last election Trump won because Hillary was so poor a candidate. Somehow now she's a better candidate than all the other Dems? Whatever drugs are involved in that kind of thinking, I want some.
She lost because, of an out dated system. That should have been gone over 20 years ago. She was much better candidate than Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
She lost because, of an out dated system.
and if we had been electing by popular vote, the vote would not have been the same as it turned out to be.

Trump went after the votes needed, where they were, and got them...while Hillary took time off from campaigning.

IF
direct popular votes had been what mattered, Trump would have campaigned in states where he had no chance of winning the electoral college vote (California, for example) but could have added to his popular vote totals--and defeated Hillary that way instead.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. I think Trump was a candidate that a lot of people resonated with and felt passionate about what he preached.
Hillary was a terrible campaigner, it's true, but there is also something to be said for the fact that Trump campaigned hard on issues that the people really cared about. Hillary, by contrast, campaigned on...what, exactly?? :scratch: "It's my turn?" "My husband was president?" "What does it matter if we let some Americans be killed in Benghazi?"

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

CNN and ABC reported it yesterday. I'm sure there are other major news outlets also.

I think it would be a mistake. I kind of see her as damaged goods. I would vote for her over Trump (I would vote for a monkey over Trump ;) ), but I don't think she can carry the nomination this time around and even other librels I know IRL dislike her (for reasons that none have really been able to articulate).

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(I would vote for a monkey over Trump ;) ),

but I don't think she can carry the nomination this time around and even other librels I know IRL dislike her (for reasons that none have really been able to articulate).

Causes great concern for the country.

M-Bob

Upvote 0