Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
and even if they had come close, the fix was in with those super delegates.
I suppose there is good and bad in the idea that the Democratic nominations are not really all that democratic. In terms of the preponderance of the Democratic and leftist sphere of American politics, it is fair to say that HRC is their choice, even if it was not in effect a coronation.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I suppose there is good and bad in the idea that the Democratic nominations are not really all that democratic. In terms of the preponderance of the Democratic and leftist sphere of American politics, it is fair to say that HRC is their choice, even if it was not in effect a coronation.
In light of the Donald, I wonder if the GOP will consider a change in its nominating process.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
In light of the Donald, I wonder if the GOP will consider a change in its nominating process.
I think the best system is where the people themselves are responsible for their own mistakes. Compared to the paltry choices available to the Democratic voter, Republicans were given a whole range of choices. Maybe that is a result of candidates not thinking that the fix is already in with super delegates.

This to me seems to be a much healthier, and grassroots approach to putting forth a presidential nominee.
In my opinion, this has led to the voters themselves making a monumental mistake this cycle,but the marketplace of ideas is self-correcting only when mistakes are even possible.

It is fitting that Democrats have opted for the more autocratic, oligarchic rule by experts, because that has been party policy for some time now. I personally would prefer that Republicans avoid that model. Freedom is supposed to be messy.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the best system is where the people themselves are responsible for their own mistakes. Compared to the paltry choices available to the Democratic voter, Republicans were given a whole range of choices. Maybe that is a result of candidates not thinking that the fix is already in with super delegates.

This to me seems to be a much healthier, and grassroots approach to putting forth a presidential nominee.
In my opinion, this has led to the voters themselves making a monumental mistake this cycle,but the marketplace of ideas is self-correcting only when mistakes are even possible.

It is fitting that Democrats have opted for the more autocratic, oligarchic rule by experts, because that has been party policy for some time now. I personally would prefer that Republicans avoid that model. Freedom is supposed to be messy.

As for me, I'm just glad the Republicans have finally given up that pretense of being "The Family Values Party" and have chosen to admit who they really are. :)
tulc(has to go get ready, his wife is preaching in church today!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for me, I'm just glad the Republicans have finally given up that pretense of being "The Family Values Party" and have chosen to admit who they really are. :)
tulc(has to go get ready, his wife is preaching in church today!) :oldthumbsup:

True. They are like anyone else.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It was never a pretense. The crumbling of the family is a societal failure. and the devaluing of family by the greater culture corrodes conservative families as much as it corrodes any families.

The only ones who have been able to weather the storm have been the middle and upper classes, who tend to be liberal and who have the resources to weather the storm that their laissez faire social values have wrought on society as a whole.

It is quite despicable really, for anyone who bothers to think about it. The sniggling indifference of higher classes who refuse to preach what they practice and instead sneer derisively at the complete breakdown of family values of those who have not had the resources to pull themselves out of the bad choices that the Sexual Revolution has foisted on society as a whole is nary but a joke for the victorious in the War on Social Values.

Good for you all. That is what winning feels like. Now, back to your gated communities where the fallout is of little consequence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let me save everyone some time; "WAAH! WAAH! THINGS AREN'T LIKE THEY WERE PORTRAYED ON HAPPY DAYS ANYMORE AND PEOPLE I USED TO HAPPILY TREAT LIKE DIRT ARE GETTING ALL UPPITY AND DEMANDING TO BE TREATED FAIRLY AND EQUALLY AND I CAN'T DEAL WITH IT"

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0