• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Highly emotinal?

Ajoj

Nov 19, 2017
Chicago
✟38,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is being highly emotional considered a mental health problem, i had my share of other mental issues, but i think they all had root in my high emotions, right now 98 percent of that problems are gone.
Its just everything is so deep, emphaty is so strong, and when big emotions come they are overwhelming. Any people here like this?

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is being highly emotional considered a mental health problem, i had my share of other mental issues, but i think they all had root in my high emotions, right now 98 percent of that problems are gone.
Its just everything is so deep, emphaty is so strong, and when big emotions come they are overwhelming. Any people here like this?
I am very sensitive too. When my family members fought it would make me desperate. Tragedies in the news would send me into grief. I am slowly getting my emotions to be less easily triggered. But whatever sets your emotions into motion, deep in your heart, needs a safe place to tell your story to a good listener. This is a lot of layers to sort through. But inviting Jesus into our mess gives us the empathy for our own hurts, which Jesus died to heal. I am sorry if I am saying this wrong. God can lessen our deep injuries but we need skilled listeners to tell our stories to as well.

Reactions: Ajoj and Emli
Upvote 0

Ajoj

Nov 19, 2017
Chicago
✟38,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Christirs insb i had the same thing, first one i still do, second one i didnt know how to deal with bad emotions when i see stuff you mentioned, or sick kids and similiar stuff, i would take it on myself like i can change something, but right now i just pray small prayer and give that burden to God, but it took me years to get there. The thing why i made the thread is breakup with a girl i miss her so much and those emotions are so overwhelming, cant believe how strong they are.

Red blue 22 you mean yes as answer to my question? You have something more on that? Just your opinion or ? Because just yes ...

Upvote 0