✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The "theme"?

Pray, when was the last time you were inside a school?

What were the signs INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING, that suggested that male strippers is part of the "theme"?
I have to admit to not having been in school when "pride drag queen" shows became a school event.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Congratulations on the googlefu (I like how even under the headline it says "Behaviour is influenced by a myriad of factors"

Did you read that article?

Because it's a damp squib anyways. Your argument was that homosexuality (or whatever of that ilk) is an ideology. Your logic was because it was a behaviour, it's an ideology.

So perhaps we can now put that to rest? Or is there still confusion about what an "ideology" is?
Then you continue to misread what I wrote.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It would seem that even the behavior itself needs defining.
In the case of a school being used to host a drag queen pride show, what do you see that based that based on?

No, it would seem you need to come up with another argument to support your contention homosexuality is an ideology because this one is a non starter.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, it would seem you need to come up with another argument to support your contention homosexuality is an ideology because this one is a non starter.
Once again, I direct you back to post #39 where I said that behavior is based on ideology. I never said that a behavior is ideology. I've reminded you of this several times since then.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Thanks for the link.

Simard’s list of Pride equipment on her grant application includes a photo booth and film, a PA system, tables and chafing dishes, as well as an additional $500 for unspecified “Pride decorations and swag.”
The items do not appear to qualify for ARPA funding under federal guidelines.

That's my issue with this. $4K of ARPA funding is being used to pay for this event. The items they're using the money for do not qualify for ARPA funding. And yet, no one seems to care about this blatant misappropriation of funds.
Because we've seen such a perverse misappropriation of funds in much larger amounts by others.

Did you miss all of those?

Frankly I find it almost ghoulish that $4,000 even matters to anyone.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It would seem that even the behavior itself needs defining.
In the case of a school being used to host a drag queen pride show, what do you see that based that based on?
1) Anything theatre
2) Anything drama
3) Too many health outcomes to name (self identity, self image, media pressure).
4) English/LA outcomes (though this would be more for a story hr)
5) cosmetology (high schools have 'em)
6) Likely some upper level social studies outcomes as well but couldn't speak confidently to that.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think the schools should be pushing gay and trans ideologies on young children, I would teach them English and math.
The schools do teach math and English. There's also time to teach about other type of people and history. Which people are trying to get rid of history.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Once again, I direct you back to post #39 where I said that behavior is based on ideology. I never said that a behavior is ideology. I've reminded you of this several times since then.
As I have repeatedly said that is not a good argument. Simply because behavior can be based on ideology does not mean all behavior is based on ideology. It is a silly argument and it makes no sense. You have yet to give me a reason to find it persuasive.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If that's all, then what prevents them from brinhing in male strippers, and whatever else they have at gay bars?
The people running it are smart enough not to fall for right wing attempts to confuse the actual event with these things?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,968.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If that's all, then what prevents them from brinhing in male strippers, and whatever else they have at gay bars? It would certainly fit the theme.
Liquor. They have liquor in gay bars. That will be the next thing they will have in schools, if we want to entertain your slippery slope fallacy. Yes, male strippers and liquor will be next is schools, simply because a city in America holds a Pride celebration and is not shut down. I cannot wait for the future when sex changes will become mandatory for middle-school children....:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because we've seen such a perverse misappropriation of funds in much larger amounts by others.

Did you miss all of those?

Frankly I find it almost ghoulish that $4,000 even matters to anyone.

Whataboutism noted.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Whataboutism noted.
A school using 4,000 for a party is exactly akin to states and other organizations misusing millions.

Unfortunately, that is what passes for a completely reasonable comparison to conservatives these days; though I absolutely can see the ethical comfort in believing that.

It seems to be the most popular way to use "whataboutisms".

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A school using 4,000 for a party is exactly akin to states and other organizations misusing millions.

Which is also wrong. I have an issue with anyone who is misappropriating funds.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,968.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Unfortunately, that is what passes for a completely reasonable comparison to conservatives these days; though I absolutely can see the ethical comfort in believing that.

It seems to be the most popular way to use "whataboutisms".
The school did not even provide the funds. The city approved and provided the funds for Pride celebration, which they've now done annually for the last 5 years.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The school did not even provide the funds. The city approved and provided the funds for Pride celebration, which they've now done annually for the last 5 years.

Correct. But they used ARPA funds, which is not an approved use for those funds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,968.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Correct. But they used ARPA funds, which is not an approved use for those funds.
That is not what you posted earlier. You posted from the article in post# 60

The items do not appear to qualify for ARPA funding under federal guidelines.

Which is it? "does not appear to qualify" or "which is not an approved use" You changed what was in the article.

Do you have another source stating it is not approved?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,590.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Actually a social event for a community that is disproportionately impacted by covid and underserved does seem to qualify. Replacing funding that was lost because of Covid is dead center of one of the intents of the legislation and it seems likely that this is the case with this event.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I have repeatedly said that is not a good argument. Simply because behavior can be based on ideology does not mean all behavior is based on ideology. It is a silly argument and it makes no sense. You have yet to give me a reason to find it persuasive.
Did I say ALL behavior is based on ideology?
If you're not going to make an argument supporting your views, at least stop attempting to alter my words.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Liquor. They have liquor in gay bars. That will be the next thing they will have in schools, if we want to entertain your slippery slope fallacy. Yes, male strippers and liquor will be next is schools, simply because a city in America holds a Pride celebration and is not shut down. I cannot wait for the future when sex changes will become mandatory for middle-school children....:doh:
I don't doubt it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The people running it are smart enough not to fall for right wing attempts to confuse the actual event with these things?
Bringing in men who think they're women? Teaching kids that they may have been born in the wrong body?
Looks like confusion is what these people are all about.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.