Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not only did I disagree with the idea of behavior being taught, I am not going to engage with the idea that behavior is based on ideology.

If you don't believe someone's ideology affects their behavior, then I guess we truly have no reason to continue this discussion.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oxford definition of ideology:
"a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy."

Behavior is based on it, and was where the goalpost was planted before you moved it.
Nothing about your rational is correct. Did you just make that up? Behaviour isn't based on an ideology; I don't eat grapes and yogurt for breakfast because of an ideology. I don't put my socks on after my pants because of an ideology.

Behaviour isn't just this thing you can carve out and deal with one SPECIFIC behaviour. And you certainly can't use it to reverse engineer a definition for a word that is being used improperty.

This just looks like it's masquerading as a poor excuse for the entire right wing to name homosexuality an "ideology".

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If you don't believe someone's ideology affects their behavior, then I guess we truly have no reason to continue this discussion.
See but it's not about "Believing" anything. Either that is a factually accurate statement or it's not.

Hint though: It's not.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
See but it's not about "Believing" anything. Either that is a factually accurate statement or it's not.

Hint though: It's not.

That's quite a contradiction there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That is not what I stated. I stated that it is a fallacy to simply assert that because there is a behavior it is therefore based on an ideology.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is not what I stated. I stated that it is a fallacy to simply assert that because there is a behavior it is therefore based on an ideology.
Based on it, influenced by it, or based on an influence of it--it's just splitting hairs, and hardly worth focusing on at the expense of the actual topic here.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Based on it, influenced by it, or based on an influence of it--it's just splitting hairs, and hardly worth focusing on at the expense of the actual topic here.
You do not seem to be understanding the gist of my objection. Let me see if I can state it more clearly.

P1: All behavior is based on ideology
P2: We see someone engaged in a behavior therefore they have an ideology

You are making the statement in P2, that we see a behavior, therefore it indicates a ideology based on P1. I don't agree that P1 is valid. I believe there can be behaviors that are not based on ideology.

Does that clear up my objection to your reasoning?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You do not seem to be understanding the gist of my objection. Let me see if I can state it more clearly.

You are making the statement in P2, that we see a behavior, therefore it indicates a ideology based on P1. I don't agree that P1 is valid. I believe there can be behaviors that are not based on ideology.

It would seem that even the behavior itself needs defining.
In the case of a school being used to host a drag queen pride show, what do you see that based that based on?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Entertainment.
If that's all, then what prevents them from brinhing in male strippers, and whatever else they have at gay bars? It would certainly fit the theme.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,968.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If that's all, then what prevents them from brinhing in male strippers, and whatever else they have at gay bars? It would certainly fit the theme.
The slippery slope....LOL And that is why people want them in the closet.

There are more guns in schools than drag queens.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The slippery slope....LOL And that is why people want them in the closet.

There are more guns in schools than drag queens.
Well, you didn't answer the question as to what prevents male strippers from being brought in for a "pride" drag show. Drag queens got their start at gay bars. So why not bring the rest of what they do in gay bars into high schools as well?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ideology influences our behaviors. Isn't that obvious?
Congratulations on the googlefu (I like how even under the headline it says "Behaviour is influenced by a myriad of factors"

Did you read that article?

Because it's a damp squib anyways. Your argument was that homosexuality (or whatever of that ilk) is an ideology. Your logic was because it was a behaviour, it's an ideology.

So perhaps we can now put that to rest? Or is there still confusion about what an "ideology" is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The "theme"?

Pray, when was the last time you were inside a school?

What were the signs INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING, that suggested that male strippers is part of the "theme"?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,705.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I see the problem now. You think someone in drag in a library reading Horton Hears A Who to children is the same as a group of men stripping erotically in a gay bar.

I see the problem. But how you could ever come to that conclusion is a mystery that will forever be lost on me. And you surely must know that using that as an argument causes all reasonable people to think that you have no coherent argument in the first place.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You can lead a horse to water....

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This local reporting on the event makes the issues much clearer:

Thanks for the link.

Simard’s list of Pride equipment on her grant application includes a photo booth and film, a PA system, tables and chafing dishes, as well as an additional $500 for unspecified “Pride decorations and swag.”
The items do not appear to qualify for ARPA funding under federal guidelines.

That's my issue with this. $4K of ARPA funding is being used to pay for this event. The items they're using the money for do not qualify for ARPA funding. And yet, no one seems to care about this blatant misappropriation of funds.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.