Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
For my part, I favor an approach along the lines of what this very site follows. There should be no promotion of LGBT.

This site also says:

Illegal activities may not be encouraged or promoted*.

Do not advertise or promote other sites in your signature or your custom username title.

CF members who are members of this type of an off-site organized group may not publicly promote that group in their posts, signatures, or on their profile pages, and they may not publicly recruit CF members to their off-site organized group.

Should we also take the rules from a private forum and use them in the real world as well?
I wouldn't go to a pride drag show, because that kind of thing doesn't entertain me. But I see nothing wrong with providing it to those who would be entertained, as long as the entertainers mind the limits. No different than, say, a rock concert.

In my experience, 'seeing nothing wrong' with providing, or tolerating an act seen as sinful labels one to be an enabler. Too many folks have a black and white view. Tolerance is the same as acceptance.

No, people want them stopped, not tolerated.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,542.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟244,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
No, people want them stopped, not tolerated.
Many want it to be stopped. Many don't. Many will be watching to make sure laws from the intolerant don't violate the Constitution.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For my part, I favor an approach along the lines of what this very site follows. There should be no promotion of LGBT. There should be promotion of tolerance. There are LGBT people in society. They're not going to magically changed into straight or non-trans people. For those of us who follow the Golden Rule, we should be able to co-exist with LGBT persons just fine if we give it a try.

When teaching tolerance, there is a line that can be crossed, when adults start encouraging children to explore and experiment. That's promotion of LGBT. We can keep an eye out for that sort of thing while teaching kids that LGBT exists and that they're not bogey men. There could easily be members in the school, and they should be treated with respect, just like everybody else. The ostrich approach, where we just pretend that LGBT doesn't exist, isn't going to work in the long run.

I wouldn't go to a pride drag show, because that kind of thing doesn't entertain me. But I see nothing wrong with providing it to those who would be entertained, as long as the entertainers mind the limits. No different than, say, a rock concert.
You don't hear many, if any, complaints about LGBT shows like a rock concert or another private venue where they rent a stadium. However, many woke teachers think it is OK to use taxpayer dollars to push this on young children in public schools. I object to tax dollars being used for such things, also the bill last session that Democrats passed to fund a drag queen show in a foreign country. No one is pretending LGBT does not exist, but suddenly woke is fashionable. One of the things people are in denial about is the high percentage of homosexuals that molest children, that's a fact and I see some of these drag queen shows for little kids as grooming the kids for the future. The administration already delivered migrant kids into the hands of non-family adults, many to be used sexually or child labor, and to me it is crazy to have adults performing sexual type acts mixing with our kids in school.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,437.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Drag shows are not illegal in every state or jurisdiction, certainly not in NH whose motto is 'live free or die.'
We cannot claim we support freedom by repressing LGBT rights or the rights of other demographic minorities.
Religious freedom should never be misinterpreted as trampling on the rights of others--nor should others trample on yours.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,440.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You don't hear many, if any, complaints about LGBT shows like a rock concert or another private venue where they rent a stadium. However, many woke teachers think it is OK to use taxpayer dollars to push this on young children in public schools. I object to tax dollars being used for such things, also the bill last session that Democrats passed to fund a drag queen show in a foreign country. No one is pretending LGBT does not exist, but suddenly woke is fashionable. One of the things people are in denial about is the high percentage of homosexuals that molest children, that's a fact and I see some of these drag queen shows for little kids as grooming the kids for the future. The administration already delivered migrant kids into the hands of non-family adults, many to be used sexually or child labor, and to me it is crazy to have adults performing sexual type acts mixing with our kids in school.

It is not a fact. It is malicious slander on par with blood libel used to demonize a disliked minority. Much like the rest of your screed about "woke" it is nothing more then a fantasy.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟364,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This thread could NEVER be JUST about the misappropriate of COVID funds because Republicans and those who support them have had so many instances of COVID fund misuse.

This thread REALLY is just about the gays getting money.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟364,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If you have to lie to prove your point, your point is weak.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟244,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
One of the things people are in denial about is the high percentage of homosexuals that molest children, that's a fact and I see some of these drag queen shows for little kids as grooming the kids for the future.
Is that so. Well, I don't have to ask you to cite your sources, because it doesn't matter. There are bad apples in every group. We just have to deal with the bad apples, and the rest can go about their business. I don't see a clown show as grooming, and I don't see a drag show as grooming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree we should address issues with misuse of funds. No one in the government is "pushing gay and trans behavior on children". This is nothing more then an attempt to demonize acceptance.
Acceptance on an ideology can only happen if it's voluntary.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is that so. Well, I don't have to ask you to cite your sources, because it doesn't matter. There are bad apples in every group. We just have to deal with the bad apples, and the rest can go about their business. I don't see a clown show as grooming, and I don't see a drag show as grooming.
Then why is it being done in a school--the place where children are sent to learn?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Then why is it being done in a school--the place where children are sent to learn?
I've voted at schools.
When I was young, we spent summers at school playing.
I've watched dozens of plays and concerts at school.
Let's not forget the sports.

Schools aren't just for children learning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟364,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I've voted at schools.
When I was young, we spent summers at school playing.
I've watch dozens of plays and concerts at school.

Schools aren't just for children learning.
In schools there is something called a "hidden curriculum". It is something discussed in education all the time. I'm sure a few of the people here will take that into a conspiratorial direction but really, it's more about the learning that simply happens when you get a group of people together.

You practice and learn how to respectfully communicate. You practice and learn how self start; practice and learn how to deal with frustration and/or not getting your way; practice and learn how to manage friendships and stress.

Very few of these things are ever explicitly taught (although they often are) but they are required to teach in schools. Not out of any kind of obligation but because of the nature of big groups.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟905,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not mandatory: “As with other years, this is an after-school, extra-curricular, opt-in event. In prior years, it's been well-attended, including students, families and members of the West Side community.“

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuality is no more an ideology then heterosexuality.

Oxford definition of ideology:
"a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy."

Behavior is based on it, and was where the goalpost was planted before you moved it.

I agree we should address issues with misuse of funds. No one in the government is "pushing gay and trans behavior on children". This is nothing more then an attempt to demonize acceptance.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,440.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Oxford definition of ideology:
"a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy."

Behavior is based on it, and was where the goalpost was planted before you moved it.
Not only did I disagree with the idea of behavior being taught, I am not going to engage with the idea that behavior is based on ideology.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.