High School Reunions

Will You Go Or Did You Go To Your High School Reunion

• I have had one and I went to it.

• I have had one and did not go to it.

• I haven't had one but I plan on going to it.

• I haven't had one and I'm not planning on going.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was homeschooled. so my highschool reunion is every day. :p

I don't know that I get the point of them actually. I mean yeah its nice to be nostalgic, but unless you keep in touch with your old classmates, whats the point? If they're not worth keeping in touch with why are they worth an an entire night?

maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood. but I don't get it :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the main reason school's have them is to raise money. I don't really see the point in them myself. Especially for my generation. With social networking and stuff there's really no need for them. I think they'll become "extinct" after awhile.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't go to mine. A lot of people I went to high school with still are friends with, dating, married to , etc.... the same people. I've moved beyond that so I just didn't feel right about going. High school wasn't and isn't the high point of life to me so I just didn't want to rehash all that.

Upvote 0

Spirit_Star

Dec 14, 2008
USA
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mine would be this year I have not gotten anything indicated any reunion. That said I probably would not go. I was not really all that close to any from my high school days. I was far from popular in high school I was just kind of there because I had to be and I also like learning. I have a few people that i am "friends" with on facebook that I went to school with. My Aunt and mom were talking about their high school reunions during the holidays. They both felt that 10 years and even 20 years is more about people bragging about how well they have done in life and sometimes looking down on people who they feel did not do as good as them. I've even heard of people renting a fancy car for their reunion.

If I went there would only a handful of people I'd be interested in seeing and a few old teachers if they went. Thats very true if you want to stay in touch with people you do. Obviously one can lose touch but in this day and age its typical not that hard to find people and reconnect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd look forward to going to mine, if it's not some bureaucratic mess getting them to notify or qualify me on whatever sort of 'list' is used. I attended through 12th (what I considered 12th) and even made sure I was listed among the Seniors in the yearbook (one of the perks of actually being on the Senior Yearbook Staff), but the files said I was still a Junior. Dual enrollment screws with your credits, as does the underlying reason why I had to go the dual enrollment route.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was home schooled... so every Christmas and wedding I get to see all my class mates and teachers gathered together ^_^

I did have a graduating class of about 15 other local home schoolers but none of us would care to do a reunion.

Upvote 0