Dec 8, 2007
✟856,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes that is exactly what I did. But I had to straighten the bolt handle first. It was about 1.25 high and that was the only part’ that would clear it. At least the coolest but it didn’t work. So now I’m on the rail, and that should work fine.

I used shims in the front ring and surprisingly that brought it down but not far enough. It’s was all compensating for the wrong bolt handle as I bought it with open 2 leaf sights.

Nice guns you have. I like the stock on the zastava, I bet it’s a shooter. Thanks for the reply. Been waiting for you.
Thanks, they all shoot very well. Someone once wrote that only accurate guns are interesting. I agree.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟445,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I think so. But have not got the bolt back from the tig welder. I have got it on the gun and is much lower should sight in fine. Should be next week hopefully. And it’s far enough back for a good sight picture. Should I sell it? I need to pay my card down. But I be working soon. The old man is still useful. Pray I can work 22-32 hours per week in September and following.

still interested? Learning? You have hung in there a long time for some reason. You have given me many helpful things. Many thanks.
Yo brother, is the gun aiming better now @Unqualified , instead of 8 inches off?
Casual, interest, Christian love? A mellow dude. We made the thread and @MarkRohfrietsch top it off. It was fun. We investigated and learned a lot, got to the bottom of it and accomplished or goal. It will turn out all right with a little help from our friends. Not too many people would invest so much. But you did. Anybody that wants me for a friend usually gets it. But I warn you I relate to down and outer, and those who need a friend. Then they are not so picky. Not you are picky of course. Sorry about all the fluff. Just thought I had something to say.

it seems like sometimes you are on here at cf all day. Are you working on a farm? Lovely work. Wish I could have been a farmer. Dirt farmer I think. I watch it on YouTube. Have relatives in Illinois that grow corn. If you not I haven’t got a clue. See ya around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟439,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I think so. But have not got the bolt back from the tig welder. I have got it on the gun and is much lower should sight in fine. Should be next week hopefully. And it’s far enough back for a good sight picture. Should I sell it? I need to pay my card down. But I be working soon. The old man is still useful. Pray I can work 22-32 hours per week in September and following.

still interested? Learning? You have hung in there a long time for some reason. You have given me many helpful things. Many thanks.

Casual, interest, Christian love? A mellow dude. We made the thread and @MarkRohfrietsch top it off. It was fun. We investigated and learned a lot, got to the bottom of it and accomplished or goal. It will turn out all right with a little help from our friends. Not too many people would invest so much. But you did. Anybody that wants me for a friend usually gets it. But I warn you I relate to down and outer, and those who need a friend. Then they are not so picky. Not you are picky of course. Sorry about all the fluff. Just thought I had something to say.

it seems like sometimes you are on here at cf all day. Are you working on a farm? Lovely work. Wish I could have been a farmer. Dirt farmer I think. I watch it on YouTube. Have relatives in Illinois that grow corn. If you not I haven’t got a clue. See ya around.
For myself, I am into helping others, regardless of what they need help with. :) For instance, I am not into guns, but I like when people enjoy their hobbies, and wish the best for everyone as hobbies are important for living a good life (well, after Jesus and family of course). I do not live/work on a farm, but work 4 hours per day at a biotech facility in my city, so I have plenty of time here on Christian Forums. Also, I try to make Bible devotionals for the forum with a little help from an AI software (Mistral 7B running on a GPT4ALL front-end graphical user interface), a topical Bible website, my life experience as a guy in his mid-20s and some human discernment. Technology can be addicting sometimes, so eventually I need to peel myself away from the forum and maybe spend an hour a day here, but I do not have many friends in real life, yet.

Topical Bible website: OpenBible.info

I hang in there for a long time, cos it is great when someone has success with a project. Yeah, I try to be mellow and non-judgemental. However, if you asked an AK related question or M16 question, I probably would not have tried to help, as those are not really needed in my humble opinion. But a regular hunting or target practice rifle is okay, and makes for a good hobby for those who have an interest in guns. Science is my interest, and I know that guns have a lot of science involved, so I attempted to help you with physics, but this is more of a mechanical thing that requires finesse.

My favorite hobbies are traveling, as well as running a free and private AI on my computer, making Bible devotionals and watching movies/shows. A lot of books nowadays have become so dark, so it is hard to get into books compared to 9 years ago or so, plus tech can be distracting.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟445,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For myself, I am into helping others, regardless of what they need help with. :) For instance, I am not into guns, but I like when people enjoy their hobbies, and wish the best for everyone as hobbies are important for living a good life (well, after Jesus and family of course). I do not live/work on a farm, but work 4 hours per day at a biotech facility in my city, so I have plenty of time here on Christian Forums. Also, I try to make Bible devotionals for the forum with a little help from an AI software (Mistral 7B running on a GPT4ALL front-end graphical user interface), a topical Bible website, my life experience as a guy in his mid-20s and some human discernment. Technology can be addicting sometimes, so eventually I need to peel myself away from the forum and maybe spend an hour a day here, but I do not have many friends in real life, yet.

Topical Bible website: OpenBible.info

I hang in there for a long time, cos it is great when someone has success with a project. Yeah, I try to be mellow and non-judgemental. However, if you asked an AK related question or M16 question, I probably would not have tried to help, as those are not really needed in my humble opinion. But a regular hunting or target practice rifle is okay, and makes for a good hobby for those who have an interest in guns. Science is my interest, and I know that guns have a lot of science involved, so I attempted to help you with physics, but this is more of a mechanical thing that requires finesse.

My favorite hobbies are traveling, as well as running a free and private AI on my computer, making Bible devotionals and watching movies/shows. A lot of books nowadays have become so dark, so it is hard to get into books compared to 9 years ago or so, plus tech can be distracting.
You sound so mellow just like AI. Thanks for answering all my questions. What do you do at Biotech?

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟439,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You sound so mellow just like AI. Thanks for answering all my questions. What do you do at Biotech?
You are welcome. Well, I do not want to sound like an AI, but maybe AI has made me realize I need to sound more mellow and relaxed about things. It is helping me become a better writer, so now I am starting to sound like an AI. :) Also, prayer has helped me become more mellow about life, and be slower to judge even if our interests may not overlap that much. However, even say a 5% overlap is enough for me to make friendships.

My job is pretty simple: While I do not operate lab equipment at the biotech company, my duties are to make sure that the lab is organized and stocked with the right supplies, and safety gear such as gloves. Every month, I also have to do a thorough check of the labs to determine if we are compliant with regulations in case of a surprise inspection. When I am not in the lab, I help the Document Control team with separating papers out for their scanner, as we archive every paperwork that goes with the products that our company manufactures. Plus, my manager is chill enough to let me watch YouTube (history videos, geopolitics, science documentaries, even some anime, though most anime is hard to get into) when I separate the documents as having a documentary in the background helps me work faster cos I have ADHD.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟445,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are welcome. Well, I do not want to sound like an AI, but maybe AI has made me realize I need to sound more mellow and relaxed about things. It is helping me become a better writer, so now I am starting to sound like an AI. :) Also, prayer has helped me become more mellow about life, and be slower to judge even if our interests may not overlap that much. However, even say a 5% overlap is enough for me to make friendships.

My job is pretty simple: While I do not operate lab equipment at the biotech company, my duties are to make sure that the lab is organized and stocked with the right supplies, and safety gear such as gloves. Every month, I also have to do a thorough check of the labs to determine if we are compliant with regulations in case of a surprise inspection. When I am not in the lab, I help the Document Control team with separating papers out for their scanner, as we archive every paperwork that goes with the products that our company manufactures. Plus, my manager is chill enough to let me watch YouTube (history videos, geopolitics, science documentaries, even some anime, though most anime is hard to get into) when I separate the documents as having a documentary in the background helps me work faster cos I have ADHD.

wow sounds like a tame job. Not too crazy and interesting too I think. I am care giving now. I’m off but will be busy with two recipients. I need the money for the electric bill. My wife says split it- hobby and bills. We don’t like bill very much. But I sure like my hobby. We pay a lot for our a/c in summer. Is adhd a cross to bear? You write and type very well. Maybe technical reports are not so easy. Umfh.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟439,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wow sounds like a tame job. Not too crazy and interesting too I think. I am care giving now. I’m off but will be busy with two recipients. I need the money for the electric bill. My wife says split it- hobby and bills. We don’t like bill very much. But I sure like my hobby. We pay a lot for our a/c in summer. Is adhd a cross to bear? You write and type very well. Maybe technical reports are not so easy. Umfh.
My job is tame, but pays pretty well for the tameness. I hope that your care giving goes well. Yes, electricity can be expensive, especially in the Southwest and California. Yes, ADHD can be a cross (struggle), but I take medication that makes it much easier. I luckily do not have to work on technical reports, but in theory, it might be possible for me to do one. :) Anyways, I hope you have a blessed night brother, and that you can afford the bill. In my state, there is a program for those who can not pay for electricity, so I give around $15-20/mo during the hottest three months and coldest three months to this organization.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟856,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Like my faith, my job, the work I do in the Church, shooting and reloading are a passion for me. In light of what is happening politically, I will do what ever I can to help fellow shooters and promote this sport!

Blessings and happy shooting!

BTW, back when I was an Admin here, I started this forum; no gun forum before that. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟856,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

This is a great thread!

I'm a 65 year old Process engineer; still working, training a replacement so I can retire some day... but they keep giving us more work to do. Engineers are all pretty much at least a bit OCD; we always need something to focus on. Someone once had a great definition: An engineer sees absolutely everything as a problem to be solved. LOL Lots of engineers are hand loaders and shooters. I know of one who built wooden geared clocks for a hobby. Many Clergy are OCD as well; and many of our also shoot. LOL.

I have been shooting for over 50 years and am glad to share what I have learned and glad to find information when I don't have the answers.

Bless you all and happy and straight shooting!!!

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟439,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a great thread!

I'm a 65 year old Process engineer; still working, training a replacement so I can retire some day... but they keep giving us more work to do. Engineers are all pretty much at least a bit OCD; we always need something to focus on. Someone once had a great definition: An engineer sees absolutely everything as a problem to be solved. LOL Lots of engineers are hand loaders and shooters. I know of one who built wooden geared clocks for a hobby. Many Clergy are OCD as well; and many of our also shoot. LOL.

I have been shooting for over 50 years and am glad to share what I have learned and glad to find information when I don't have the answers.

Bless you all and happy and straight shooting!!!
I have OCD myself. No wonder why engineering is fascinating stuff for myself. My friend from a Catholic young adults church group is studying to be an engineer in metallurgy, but as he is from the city, he most likely does not own guns. I could ask him though.

Thanks for the good wishes. I do not shoot, but the wishes are still good. Instead, I'll be a straight shooter in the metaphorical sense, and will always try to be honest and direct with people, everywhere I go. :)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟856,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have OCD myself. No wonder why engineering is fascinating stuff for myself. My friend from a Catholic young adults church group is studying to be an engineer in metallurgy, but as he is from the city, he most likely does not own guns. I could ask him though.

Thanks for the good wishes. I do not shoot, but the wishes are still good. Instead, I'll be a straight shooter in the metaphorical sense, and will always try to be honest and direct with people, everywhere I go. :)
You and he should go to the range some day. It is no coincidence that :="gun" rimes with "fun"".

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟439,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You and he should go to the range some day. It is no coincidence that :="gun" rimes with "fun"".
Haha, maybe. :) Though, I am not a fan of loud noises and feel awkward inside when holding a firearm. In summer camp (2012 and 2013), I preferred archery, and wanted to use the compound bow, but I had to get to a certain level to use it, so I only used it for the last few days of the archery class if I recall. Well hey, archery and guns are basically the same thing, except one uses tension in a string while the other uses combustion. Do you guys like archery?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟856,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Haha, maybe. :) Though, I am not a fan of loud noises and feel awkward inside when holding a firearm. In summer camp (2012 and 2013), I preferred archery, and wanted to use the compound bow, but I had to get to a certain level to use it, so I only used it for the last few days of the archery class if I recall. Well hey, archery and guns are basically the same thing, except one uses tension in a string while the other uses combustion. Do you guys like archery?
Not my thing, but we do have a dedicated archery range at our club as well as an outdoor 100 yard Rifle and Pistol range, and an indoor l22 and pistol range.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟439,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not my thing, but we do have a dedicated archery range at our club as well as an outdoor 100 yard Rifle and Pistol range, and an indoor l22 and pistol range.
That is awesome. If the club was in my state, and a few miles away, I'd love to learn archery again. :) Archery is my favorite target sport (which I would like to pick up again as it was fun at camp 11 years ago), but I do not own any bows and arrows. While I would never hunt, it would be fun to target practice. Apparently, pistol grip mini compound bows are a thing. But hey, we all have different interests, as God created us to be different, but we are all one body in Christ.

1720748500295.png

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟856,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That is awesome. If the club was in my state, and a few miles away, I'd love to learn archery again. :) Archery is my favorite target sport (which I would like to pick up again as it was fun at camp 11 years ago), but I do not own any bows and arrows. While I would never hunt, it would be fun to target practice. Apparently, pistol grip mini compound bows are a thing. But hey, we all have different interests, as God created us to be different, but we are all one body in Christ.

View attachment 351446
Enquire at your local gun clubs. Many do bow hunt, and likely have archery related activities or know where you can find an archery club.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟439,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enquire at your local gun clubs. Many do bow hunt, and likely have archery related activities or know where you can find an archery club.
I might do this. Firstly, I will ask my parents, as they have given me good advice. There is an archery place around 19 miles away, and another archery place around half that distance away. :)

Upvote 0