Pavia
✟16,046.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you lower your libido? I have a very high sex drive and sometimes it becomes an issue with me and my husband. I don't want to diminish it completely, just lower it to an average level. I've researched and found too many different answers that it's starting to confuse me. I'd rather not go on a prescription that may cause more problems than it helps. I've heard exercising helps. Nope, makes my problem worse. Reading, cooking, gardening, none really distract me. I'm a bit too embarrassed to ask the owner of the local herbal shop or talk to my doctor. Help, please?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you lower your libido? I have a very high sex drive and sometimes it becomes an issue with me and my husband. I don't want to diminish it completely, just lower it to an average level. I've researched and found too many different answers that it's starting to confuse me. I'd rather not go on a prescription that may cause more problems than it helps. I've heard exercising helps. Nope, makes my problem worse. Reading, cooking, gardening, none really distract me. I'm a bit too embarrassed to ask the owner of the local herbal shop or talk to my doctor. Help, please?
Often regular Bible reading and prayer can settle people into the real priorities, Godward.

• Informative
Reactions: Achraf
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you have a high sex drive, then shouldn't your husband um....have sex with you more often?It's not sinful if you're married and God approves right?Sorry if what I say doesn't help.
Often it's the husband who is more energetic.

Upvote 0

Kilk1

Jul 21, 2019
Washington State
✟103,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While you may have already gone over it, 1 Corinthians 7:1-6 is a passage for you and your husband to consider. It suggests that if one spouse's drive is higher than the other's, then the other spouse should "render the affection" that's due.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While you may have already gone over it, 1 Corinthians 7:1-6 is a passage for you and your husband to consider. It suggests that if one spouse's drive is higher than the other's, then the other spouse should "render the affection" that's due.
Hi; I think a lot of mutual patience is also highly advisable.

Reactions: Kilk1
Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Rania,

Prescriptions and herbs are definitely not a good idea. Like you suggested, body/mind altering chemicals can cause problems of their own.

The person with the highest drive is responsible for creating conditions that would make the other spouse enthusiastic about engaging. That being said, sometimes there can be complicating factors if the husband has a lower sex drive.

If a man has a low sex drive it is often due to either low testosterone levels or a habit of masturbating (possibly with inappropriate content). Do you think either of these factors could apply to him?

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The problem with this is the man may have a difficult time performing under the threat of the business end of a Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Kilk1

Jul 21, 2019
Washington State
✟103,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The problem with this is the man may have a difficult time performing under the threat of the business end of a Bible.
Hello. I'm a little bit confused what you mean about "the business end of a Bible," but since God's word gives instruction on what to do when sexual drives can become a threat for Satan to use, we should follow its instruction. I assume we agree on this much, right?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello. I'm a little bit confused what you mean about "the business end of a Bible," but since God's word gives instruction on what to do when sexual drives can become a threat for Satan to use, we should follow its instruction. I assume we agree on this much, right?
Sometimes newly weds can go through such a change of habit that they can feel a bit overwhelmed at the possibilities; and one spouse might not be as energetic as the other; in the end an appropriate level needs to be found.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kilk1

Jul 21, 2019
Washington State
✟103,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What instruction is it that you are suggesting she follow to get her husband to "render the affection" she is "due"?
I'm assuming he's a Christian, which would mean he'd follow the instruction given in 1 Corinthians 7:1-6. I could be wrong, though.

Upvote 0

Kilk1

Jul 21, 2019
Washington State
✟103,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes newly weds can go through such a change of habit that they can feel a bit overwhelmed at the possibilities; and one spouse might not be as energetic as the other; in the end an appropriate level needs to be found.
I guess this is something they'll need to work out together. This passage is definitely one that should be part of the discussion, though. May they be able to settle this in a loving, God-fearing way.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess this is something they'll need to work out together. This passage is definitely one that should be part of the discussion, though. May they be able to settle this in a loving, God-fearing way.
Mutual needs are assumed. Although not every spouse has identical levels of such need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible to get a part time job or somehow work more? Not saying it will lower your drive, just think it will take your mind off of it if your mind has to be on something else. . .
This was my point also about Scripture reading and prayer; apart from its primary God honouring purpose, it also serves to concentrate one's mind from other things.

Young married couples do sometimes have a period of adjustment before they settle into an equilibrium with one another.

Upvote 0