Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Im so used to being hated.
For my appearance.
Im tired of posting about it and asking questions.
I just was listening to a sermon on loving enemies. A few days ago. (I passed by osteen "blessed by our enemies" and thought hey that sounds like prosperity persecution.)
I settled on macarthur.
And now. Being tired of being hated for my physical attributes. Im thinking about hiding behind Jesus. To where someone is attacking me for something else. And i would simply tell them about Jesus being able to forgive there sins. Instead of blowing up at them or letting hatred burn inside.
Doesnt that seem like cheating?
My motivation to curb others animosity away from me? And hide behind Jesus?
Ive prayed about it today. I definitely failed in loving my enemies. And i asked God to forgive me. And to help me with this struggle.
But again. Do my motivations void the reward for persecution?
Did i subconsciously turn to prosperity persecution? Should i stop asking questions now???? Lol. I prayed. And now im here.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray to find God's purpose for your life right now.

It may be that He desires that you use your notoriety for Him ... but, He may just have something else in mind.

Recall that Paul also thought that he was not particularly appealing physically. Yet God used him mightily.

Focus on your good qualities and gifts ... and make a life from these.

I, too, had to make a life without having all of the fundamentals. With God ... it worked. But you must take your eyes off of your believed deficiencies, ... and place them upon Jesus, Who daily reaches out His hands to you.

Pray for God's guidance ... and delivery. I will pray too ...

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yanni depp wrote; My motivation to curb others animosity away from me? And hide behind Jesus?

Everyone has a starting point and a particular understanding when arriving at Christ. God the Father draws you to Jesus and Jesus will keep you safe, if you trust Him. It's not where you start that is important, but where you finish your race. The Apostle Paul was very confident in how he had run his race when his martyrdom was close at hand.
read Matthew 5, the Sermon on the Mount for a better understanding of what hiding in Christ looks like.
I hope and will pray for the peace of Jesus in your life.

Reactions: Yanni depp
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For my appearance.
I just was listening to a sermon on loving enemies. A few days ago. (I passed by osteen "blessed by our enemies" and thought hey that sounds like prosperity persecution.)
I settled on macarthur.
And now. Being tired of being hated for my physical attributes. Im thinking about hiding behind Jesus. To where someone is attacking me for something else. And i would simply tell them about Jesus being able to forgive there sins. Instead of blowing up at them or letting hatred burn inside.
Ive prayed about it today. I definitely failed in loving my enemies. And i asked God to forgive me. And to help me with this struggle.
Did i subconsciously turn to prosperity persecution? Should i stop asking questions now???? Lol. I prayed. And now im here.
All Christians are persecuted one way or another. What is important is to walk with His Holy Spirit daily. There is no hiding, there is only a partnership. He has made His home in you through His Spirit. Your home is not a hiding place, it is the temple in which He lives. Quenching His Holy Spirit grieves Him. God rewards those who love Him and love others. Draw your strength from His promise to you. Go back to your first love, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Your persecution will then be met with tolerance through love.
" Pray for those who persecute you".
Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For my appearance.
I settled on macarthur.

Love your enemies. And resist the evil and he will flee from you. It doesn’t mean that you need to fight, it means you let God fight for you. Be blessed in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For my appearance.
Im tired of posting about it and asking questions

Do you mean ' hated ' or ' laughed at ', there is a difference.
How do you deal with it?
Not by manufacturing 'feelings' of forgiveness, but by handin each situation, each incident either in detail or as a general event over to God.
For him to deal with the mockers and your feelings about it.

You do not have to forgive them.

But

Having hand them, the incidents and your feelings over to God, you do have to pray intelligently for the good of those who laugh and point at you.

Will you get any reward by your gracious and loving responce to their ignorant behaviour?

Yes you will be granted harder tasks to overcome and grow in love and grace in.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have just seen where you've posted this.
An extra point if those doing the mocking attend your church you have two lines of action.
1/ to call them out. To go up to them and ask them what they are doing.
To challenge there understanding of what it means to love your neighbour as you love yourself and is what they are doing even kind, let alone loving.

2/ to speak to the minister, in fact to make a nusence of yourself in speaking to him about the behaviour of people in his congregation.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all. I think God has resigned me to just accept his blessing of being poor in spirit. And i think knowing that and keeping that in my heart, i may be able to smile at those that ridicule me.

God has wonderful plans for your life as for all of His children. We are all part of bigger plan. We all matter. Just keep that in mind :)

Upvote 0

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For my appearance.
I settled on macarthur.
Do ppl actually say "I hate you?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
For my appearance.
I settled on macarthur.
The Scripture says that in this world we will have tribulation, but Jesus says, "Fear not, because I have overcome the world." The Scripture says that our lives are hid with Christ in God. So, in effect, your life is hidden in God through your faith in Christ. "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself for me."

Charles Spurgeon said, "I'm just a poor sinner, and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."

So it doesn't matter if people hate you. That is not your problem, it is theirs. So, there is nothing wrong with putting your faith and trust in Jesus. He said, "Come unto me all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest; My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Upvote 0