✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 27:9
Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

Job 13:24
Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and holdest me for thine enemy?

Psalm 102:2
Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.

Psalm 13:1
Psalm 44:24
Psalm 88:14
Psalm 143:7
2 Samuel 3:13
2 Samuel 14:24
2 Samuel 14:28
Deuteronomy 32:20
Psalm 69:16-17
Genesis 33:10
Genesis 43:3
Genesis 46:30
Genesis 48:11
Exodus 10:28
Psalm 30:7

Deuteronomy 31:17-18
17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us? 18 And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

Ezekiel 24:22
And ye shall do as I have done: ye shall not cover your lips, nor eat the bread of men.

Genesis 38:15
When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

Psalm 104:29
Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

*Edit* Let's discuss these verses and their theological impact.

Last edited:

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

So what you are saying is if God has hidden his face it's because God is not pure?

If God has laid a message on your heart please tell us, or you will get all sorts of false interpretation like the one I started with.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Jake Arsenal

Mar 2, 2021
Celestial City
✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what you are saying is if God has hidden his face it's because God is not pure?

If God has laid a message on your heart please tell us, or you will get all sorts of false interpretation like the one I started with.

This list of verses has barely touched on how significant seeing someone's face is in the bible.

Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Always ready :)
Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟19,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This list of verses has barely touched on how significant seeing someone's face is in the bible.

I thought that might be where you were going with it. It was kind of hard to tell though. :)

Yes, seeing a face is a huge thing. It tells a lot about a person.

Think of why 90% of emojis are simply of a face in different forms. ;)

Reactions: Jake Arsenal
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Then say so.
There are plenty of super spiritual idiots who only post biblical verses with no explanation, no reasons for posting just fulfilling there ego that they are 'educating the ignorant!'

Don't, please don't be one of them.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 27:9
Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

Job 13:24
Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and holdest me for thine enemy?

Psalm 102:2
Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.

Psalm 13:1
Psalm 44:24
Psalm 88:14
Psalm 143:7
2 Samuel 3:13
2 Samuel 14:24
2 Samuel 14:28
Deuteronomy 32:20
Psalm 69:16-17
Genesis 33:10
Genesis 43:3
Genesis 46:30
Genesis 48:11
Exodus 10:28
Psalm 30:7

Deuteronomy 31:17-18
17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us? 18 And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

Ezekiel 24:22
And ye shall do as I have done: ye shall not cover your lips, nor eat the bread of men.

Genesis 38:15
When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

Psalm 104:29
Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
To see God’s face is to know Him, which, along with love which is the fully blossomed fruit of that knowledge, is man’s ultimate purpose.
Now this is eternal life: that they know you,the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” John 17:3

With the New Covenant man is finally capable of this meeting, by grace. The encounter isn’t fully consummated until the next life, however.
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.” 1 Cor 13:12

Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then say so.
There are plenty of super spiritual idiots who only post biblical verses with no explanation, no reasons for posting just fulfilling there ego that they are 'educating the ignorant!'

Lol im glad someone finally said it

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,843.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Then say so.

Idiots??

• Useful
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,843.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Then say so.

The ignorant can’t be educated:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Neither are good.

That is true, and its unfortunate but many here are here to elevate themselves seemingly wanting a pat on the back for being able to copy and paste a dozen scriptures and not having a reason behind it other than to look good. I think people are just getting sick of it.

Upvote 0

Jake Arsenal

Mar 2, 2021
Celestial City
✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is true, and its unfortunate but many here are here to elevate themselves seemingly wanting a pat on the back for being able to copy and paste a dozen scriptures and not having a reason behind it other than to look good. I think people are just getting sick of it.

There seems to be a certain animosity towards the posting of scripture on CF. Why are people responding to posts that don't interest them?

I posted a large quantity of scriptures which all pertained to the same titular subject with the intent of discussing the verses, but the very first response I received(see quote below) assumed that I was trying to say something or draw a conclusion about the verses. I am not here to teach(James 3:1); I am here to learn from other Christians. The Bible contains hundreds of verses about this subject, so it might be important. Let's look at the verses and discuss them.

Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There seems to be a certain animosity towards the posting of scripture on CF. Why are people responding to posts that don't interest them?

I posted a large quantity of scriptures which all pertained to the same titular subject with the intent of discussing the verses, but the very first response I received(see quote below) assumed that I was trying to say something or draw a conclusion about the verses. I am not here to teach(James 3:1); I am here to learn from other Christians. The Bible contains hundreds of verses about this subject, so it might be important. Let's look at the verses and discuss them.

Its all good to post scriptures if the post has a purpose. Posting multiple verses with no question or discussion point attached seems a bit mute. If a discussion is what you wanted then say it in the post with the scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,843.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Which makes me question whether they are really Christians at all. Why would posting scriptures (with or without explanation) offend I wonder?

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Personally I prefer it even though I might not always jump in, and tell you so even though others might not prefer it and feel the need to tell you they don't. The Christian scriptures forum might be a better place to post that way with less animosity towards your preferred way of posting but you certainly cannot escape it on this forum wherever post. Just gotta roll with it.

I just wanted to encouraged you, I love it when I see other christians posting various scriptures (without too much from them personally) as they contemplate whether this is where a thing goes (or not) shows they are reaching, and thinking on these things and for me it was the best way to learn by comparing, and there was a time of awkwardness with it and people who work to crush you, but even that can be used by God to make you sharper.

I think I agree with one of the posters above, just add a little note or something as to what you are looking for, although even that is difficult for me to ask sometimes, because sometimes I dont even know what I am looking for so putting it out there like I would would likely be considered just as annoying I guess. lol

God bess you

Upvote 0

Jake Arsenal

Mar 2, 2021
Celestial City
✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally I prefer it even though I might not always jump in, and tell you so even though others might not prefer it and feel the need to tell you they don't. The Christian scriptures forum might be a better place to post that way with less animosity towards your preferred way of posting but you certainly cannot escape it on this forum wherever post. Just gotta roll with it.

I just wanted to encouraged you, I love it when I see other christians posting various scriptures (without too much from them personally) as they contemplate whether this is where a thing goes (or not) shows they are reaching, and thinking on these things and for me it was the best way to learn by comparing, and there was a time of awkwardness with it and people who work to crush you, but even that can be used by God to make you sharper.

I think I agree with one of the posters above, just add a little note or something as to what you are looking for, although even that is difficult for me to ask sometimes, because sometimes I dont even know what I am looking for so putting it out there like I would would likely be considered just as annoying I guess. lol

God bess you

Thank you for your encouraging response. With so many scriptures on the subject, I thought more people would be interested in discussing the subject matter.

Upvote 0